Please suggest HT speakers for LG DV 388

Binu Nair

Hi Guys,

I got LG 388 DVD player. I'm looking for good 5.1 Ch speakers for it. I have read reviews on Creative Gigaworks & Logitech 5.1 Ch spks. Please suggest which one would be the best.

Preference: Wireless spks & THX certified.

LG 388 output ports:
---------------------
Component Video out
Composite Video out
HDMI out
L+R Audio out
5.1 ch. Analog audio out
Digital optical audio out
Digital Co-axial audio out

Please suggest.

Hi Guys,

I got LG 388 DVD player. I'm looking for good 5.1 Ch speakers for it. I have read reviews on Creative Gigaworks & Logitech 5.1 Ch spks. Please suggest which one would be the best.

Preference: Wireless spks & THX certified.

LG 388 output ports:
---------------------
Component Video out
Composite Video out
HDMI out
L+R Audio out
5.1 ch. Analog audio out
Digital optical audio out
Digital Co-axial audio out

Please suggest.

Hi binu , I too posess LG DV 388 . What I will recommend here is that since LG dv 388 is a budget DVD player then I am certain that the Audio DAC will not do justice to the sound even if you put thx speakers via analog out . What I would recommend is to go for a Onkyto HTIB thx series complete with AVR and 7.1 speakers if you have the Budget. Onkyo THX demo just blew me off but alas I did not have that much money . It was 75k around 15 months back but I am sure it would be much cheaper now !!

Hey won't it make difference if i connect the player via Optical cable to Logitech Z5450 / Z5500, Won't it give me the THX effects if i play movies?
I got a budget of 20k max. Can't afford to shell down more :confused:

The awsome stuff that i liked about Logitech & creative is that i dont have to bother abt wires running across the living room. Hope u understand the mess it creates. Any idea how much Logitech Z5450 / Z5500 would cost in bangalore (gray market) ?

Hey won't it make difference if i connect the player via Optical cable to Logitech Z5450 / Z5500, Won't it give me the THX effects if i play movies?

The awsome stuff that i liked about Logitech & creative is that i dont have to bother abt wires running across the living room. Hope u understand the mess it creates. Any idea how much Logitech Z5450 / Z5500 would cost in bangalore (gray market) ?

If you go for a logitech z series then it is worth it as the decoding will be done by the speakers.

rediff price : Rs 26k approx

Guys,
the z5500 costs around 15k,as referred by the latest price deals.
It is more of a computer speaker setup than a professional ht setup.
Also try some entry level models from HK/JBL,Onkyo and denon.

Vj

Guys,
the z5500 costs around 15k,as referred by the latest price deals.
It is more of a computer speaker setup than a professional ht setup.
Vj

Correctly put:) I own one since 2 and a half years . Its good when compare PC speakers but no no no for music. Its loud and good for movies too, bu tlimited in the dynamics/soundstage etc what you call. Wireless is prone to lot of other issues i.e interference, sound not reaching the rears etc in logi 5450. Google you will know all abt it.
Best, go for onkyo, if within the budget. else look for audiocraft that Venatcr was suggesting. I will be buying those sometime soon. Do not go by newegg reviews, other reviews praising logi z 5500. Since u r here in this forum, u shuld be increasing ur budget a little and read all the posts in the forum and decide. Am sure decision shall change. its worth tht effort.:cool: trust Hifivision.

Last edited:
go for an Onkyo HT 3100 or 3105, both are under 20k and should give you reasonable performance for the price. If you can stretch your budget a bit consider either the Onkyo 5105 (30k) or the Yamaha YHT-195 (27k). Both will be far superior to the 3100 or 3105, at least on paper. Don't waste your time on THX. That certification costs money, and is not such a big deal. The Onkyo will give you better sound than a Logitech for sure.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back