Please Suggest Whether I am Using the Right Combo..

prasanthkn

Hi..I bought a new Pioneer vsx531 avr..(Rs 36000)..from Metro Digital Cochin... (I dont know whether i paid more..The Yamaha Dealer i spoke to said that i ve been fooled since the price i paid is almost equal to mrp.. :sad: and said he could give speakers and avr for that price..) Now i need speakers..The yamaha dealer here said he can give two tower NS8390 for 16k. Another guy says they can give Polk audio T50 full 5.0 for 37k...wat should i do..??is that a good price..and will my receiver be powerful enough for PolkT50..??

Hi..I bought a new Pioneer vsx531 avr..(Rs 36000)..from Metro Digital Cochin... (I dont know whether i paid more..The Yamaha Dealer i spoke to said that i ve been fooled since the price i paid is almost equal to mrp.. :sad: and said he could give speakers and avr for that price..) Now i need speakers..The yamaha dealer here said he can give two tower NS8390 for 16k. Another guy says they can give Polk audio T50 full 5.0 for 37k...wat should i do..??is that a good price..and will my receiver be powerful enough for PolkT50..??
I had bought the Yamaha NS 8390 for 18k 3.5 year's ago. They are decent for movies, with plenty of bass. Sold them for 10,000 after 2 years. Which speakers you should get would be dictated by the size of the room. Do audition with your amplifier.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Whatever bought is bought. If you are liking the sound just enjoy it man. Dont compare it with other brands unless and until you want an upgrade. If you are not like it just do some adjustments in the settings or change the placement for now. Utilize the system for the cost you paid and then think of an upgrade.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Pioneer model 531 is basic model.If you prefer Tower you may not be using with full potential.
As a thumb rule if a receiver is having spring loaded speaker connector it is worth to have satellite speakers.
It doesn't mean if a AVR is having binding post it can drive powerful speakers but spring loaded connector AVR is recommended for satellite IMO.

[emoji41]

Whatever bought is bought. If you are liking the sound just enjoy it man. Dont compare it with other brands unless and until you want an upgrade. If you are not like it just do some adjustments in the settings or change the placement for now. Utilize the system for the cost you paid and then think of an upgrade.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Perfect i do agree

[emoji41]

Vsx 531 hifimart price is around 30k so probably your price was bit higher. But that chapter is over.

Coming to speakers, what is your room size, speaker placement options, requirement movies vs music, and total budget for now? Also are you willing to pursue a stepwise approach towards building a 5.1 system?

These points would help the FMs in giving suggestions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

hi prasanth, Where is metro digital? Before purchasing ,you can search the prices of avr .There are so many threads in the forum. Now after purchase,Its better not to check the price ,whether i paid more or less. In Kerala (mostly India) audio video items are at a premium.
Satellite or book shelf speakers will be the best for your avr. Floor stands will work with out any problem, but avr cannot use its full potential.

Hi

Bottomline....no point crying over spilled milk!

Based on your budget, audition the different speakers available....the 531 is the next entry level avr from Pioneer...the basic one is the 331....

There is a Pioneers owner thread on the site where you can refer to posts which would contain the different type of speakers used by FMs and get some pointers....

If budget is tight...either you can buy the front speakers for now and build the remaining system slowly ...or you can look at pre owneed options on OLX or FOr Sale by Owner section....

hi prasanth, Where is metro digital? Before purchasing ,you can search the prices of avr .There are so many threads in the forum. Now after purchase,Its better not to check the price ,whether i paid more or less. In Kerala (mostly India) audio video items are at a premium.
Satellite or book shelf speakers will be the best for your avr. Floor stands will work with out any problem, but avr cannot use its full potential.
thank you for ur suggestions...metro digital is at kakkanad..they have recording studio along with sales..i think i should give up my plan of buying polk speakers and settle with something smaller..may be yamaha ns p40

thank you for ur suggestions...metro digital is at kakkanad..they have recording studio along with sales..i think i should give up my plan of buying polk speakers and settle with something smaller..may be yamaha ns p40

What is your room size?
Which items are included in polk speaker package? Is it front tower T50, center T30 and rear T15? Visit some other shops too.
Get a subwoofer too. If budget is a constraint ,then replace T50 with T15 and get a quote. Subwoofer will add much into movie experience at home.

What is your room size?
Which items are included in polk speaker package? Is it front tower T50, center T30 and rear T15? Visit some other shops too.
Get a subwoofer too. If budget is a constraint ,then replace T50 with T15 and get a quote. Subwoofer will add much into movie experience at home.
my room is around 23x13 feet..the front ones he told was T50..dont know about the rest of the speakers..but no sub in the box..since most people said i wont be using them to the full potential i decided to go with smaller speakers now..odered a yamaha ns8390

my room is around 23x13 feet..the front ones he told was T50..dont know about the rest of the speakers..but no sub in the box..since most people said i wont be using them to the full potential i decided to go with smaller speakers now..odered a yamaha ns8390

congrats on your purchase. Once you set it up, please give a review.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back