Pls Guide me for speaker set up for onkyo tx sr 875

balavj

Hi Friends,This is my first post.Iam a sapling in audiophile.I managed to buy a brand new Onkyo tx sr875 for 36000 and iam now looking for speakers.My requirements are movie watching and thumping and crispy music.I have a some plans but confused.

- I have an offer of jamo s606 5.1 package for 35000 rs.
- Else plan to buy two tower from audiocraft chennai for 15000 and buy bose/canton 5.1 for 25000
-also have an offer of jamo A7 series 5.1 package for 45000.

Please suggest me what would be better from above or otherwise anyother combo in your choice.
Please provide feedback on the price i paid for Onkyo tx sr 875.

Thank you,very happy to be in the group.

The sound signature of the 8 series is similar to the 7 & 6 series. So search around the forum for the many speaker options for the AVR.

You can look at B&W, Polk RTi series, Wharfedales in addition to your choices.

Hi Friends,This is my first post.Iam a sapling in audiophile.I managed to buy a brand new Onkyo tx sr875 for 36000 and iam now looking for speakers.My requirements are movie watching and thumping and crispy music.I have a some plans but confused.

- Else plan to buy two tower from audiocraft chennai for 15000 and buy bose/canton 5.1 for 25000

Please suggest me what would be better from above or otherwise anyother combo in your choice.

if you are more into movie watching than music listening then the Jamo S series for 35k is good.
its a gr8 value for money HT setup.

if its more music you desire you can look at other brands as suggested above.

875 for under 40k is an amazing price.. Did you buy it pre-owned? if not, please ttell me where you bought it.. i need one for myself right now..
regards
Murali

You amp is too good,why do you go for cheaper option?
The spks well matched with Onk are-
Mordauntshort, Tannoy,Polk

You can get good system from MS avant(mov & music)

875 for under 40k is an amazing price.. Did you buy it pre-owned? if not, please ttell me where you bought it.. i need one for myself right now..
regards
Murali
Hi murali,I bought it from UAE.Its absolutrly brnd new.I could strike a deal with a distributor there,as dubai shopping festival had failed.I checked now the price.he is quoting abt 50k now.

Hi murali,I bought it from UAE.Its absolutrly brnd new.I could strike a deal with a distributor there,as dubai shopping festival had failed.I checked now the price.he is quoting abt 50k now.

You are one lucky guy!
Enjoy your 875. I have been eyeing this amp for ages.. Couldnt muster enough funds to buy this one so far...

Did you buy this from VV&Sons? Even with a failed shopping festival, it is am excellent price. When I bought it some time ago, he refused to budge a inch on the price.

The 875 is too powerful to be used with 5.1 speakers packages. You certainly need tower speakers in the front to take advantage of its musical capability. Powerful floor standing speakers may also remove the immediate need for a sub woofer.

Instead of rushing into buying a full 5.1. I would suggest you build your speaker package slowly. First the fronts and center if possible, followed by dipole surrounds and then the sub. You will not be doing justice to the 875 otherwise.

The fronts should be capable of handling power in the range of nearly 200 watts. The 875 can pump out close to 250 watts of dynamic power at 6 ohms.

Though I have a lot of respect for Mark's speakers, please ensure they don't start distorting early. The 875 can do that easily to speakers that cannot handle large amount of power. In addition, they deliver a large frequency range - 5Hz to 100Khz. Unless the speakers have the capability and crossover built well, you will be missing a large portion of the music thrown at you.

Choose your speakers carefully if you want to use the 875 well.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Venkat.. On a lighter note.. when is your next planned trip to dubai? :)

Do you have contacts there who can ship the 875 to bangalore at a reasonable price .(God!! are you listening?. please waive off the customs :)

I hate to pay the asking rate (in india) of rs 75k+, when, elsewhere in the world it goes at half that price.

Do you have contacts there who can ship the 875 to bangalore at a reasonable price .(God!! are you listening?. please waive off the customs :)

I hate to pay the asking rate (in india) of rs 75k+, when, elsewhere in the world it goes at half that price.

A friend got the Yamaha 863 for around 45K or so. Think its going for 70-80K here now. In fact the Yamaha 663 costs more than 45K here. Dubai is great with deals. Also, I think another forum member too got the 863 for 45K from Singapore.

old prices for yamaha last year 2008:-

RECEIVERS-AV

RX-V361 Rs.17600.00*
RX-V363 NEW Rs.19800.00
HTR-6130 NEW Rs.19800.00*
RX-V461 Rs.23300.00*
RX-V463 NEW Rs.27300.00
HTR-6140 NEW Rs.27300.00*
HTR-6040 Rs.24100.00
RX-N600 Rs.42800.00
RX-V661 Rs.37900.00*
RX-V663 NEW Rs.43700.00
RX-V861 Rs.53800.00*
RX-V863 NEW Rs.68200.00
RX-V1700 Rs.67200.00
RX-V1800 NEW Rs.92800.00
RX-V2700 Rs.91600.00
RX-V3800 NEW Rs.127000.00
DSP-Z11 NEW Rs.463700.00

*This models are not available.

Last edited:
New prices for yamaha in 2009 :-

RECEIVERS-AV

RX-V363 Rs.25100.00
RX-V461 Rs.23300.00
RX-V463 Rs.34300.00
RX-V663 Rs.52100.00
RX-V861 Rs.53800.00
RX-V863 Rs.79300.00
RX-V1700 Rs.67200.00
RX-V1800 Rs.92800.00
RX-V1900 NEW Rs.131300.00
RX-V2700 Rs.91600.00
RX-V3800 Rs.127000.00
RX-V3900 NEW Rs.174700.00
DSP-Z7 NEW Rs.231700.00
DSP-Z11 Rs.554700.00

Last edited:

I can speak to VV&Sons and get you a good price in Dubai. About bringing it back to India, you have to get it either yourself or through a friend.

I MAY be going to Dubai in April/May. If that gets confirmed I will let you know.

Cheers

Last edited:
Venkat,
Wish God heard my prayers so quickly!.. Since that doesnt(didnt.. or did it?) happen.,... you are the next best thing! :)
Maybe it did! :)
Cheers
Murali

Did you buy this from VV&Sons? Even with a failed shopping festival, it is am excellent price. When I bought it some time ago, he refused to budge a inch on the price.

The 875 is too powerful to be used with 5.1 speakers packages. You certainly need tower speakers in the front to take advantage of its musical capability. Powerful floor standing speakers may also remove the immediate need for a sub woofer.

Instead of rushing into buying a full 5.1. I would suggest you build your speaker package slowly. First the fronts and center if possible, followed by dipole surrounds and then the sub. You will not be doing justice to the 875 otherwise.

The fronts should be capable of handling power in the range of nearly 200 watts. The 875 can pump out close to 250 watts of dynamic power at 6 ohms.

Though I have a lot of respect for Mark's speakers, please ensure they don't start distorting early. The 875 can do that easily to speakers that cannot handle large amount of power. In addition, they deliver a large frequency range - 5Hz to 100Khz. Unless the speakers have the capability and crossover built well, you will be missing a large portion of the music thrown at you.

Choose your speakers carefully if you want to use the 875 well.

Cheers

Hi Venkat,
Very nice to hear your opinion.Well Ima too excited about the 875 and willing to hook up.But my budget is just 40k for 5.1.Thanks for reminding me,let me not be in a hurry in buying things which i may end up buying wrong stuffs.moreover I have no wisdom on the speakers as well.
Today I went to audiopeople in chennai.He suggested to for KLIPSCH RF10 5.1 package.It was good during audition.He had quoted a price of 75k for the package.My excitement says to manage the 35k more than my budget.But your advice needed about compatibility and quality.
Also in UAE is it possible to get this speaker at lesser price.Please help...

About bringing the av rx or speakers there is a way..you can call me 09840815671.

thx

if you are more into movie watching than music listening then the Jamo S series for 35k is good.
its a gr8 value for money HT setup.

if its more music you desire you can look at other brands as suggested above.

Hi Magma,
I have seen lots of your posting in the forum.Well,my req is 50%music and 50% movies.I want good clarity and thump.
I went to Audiopeople in chennai and auditioned klipsch rf10 5.1 package sounded nice.he quotes a price of 75k.My budget was initially just 40.Now Iam getting excited to buy this.But want to know is it good enough and compatible enough to my onkyo 875.Also is the price right or can I get anybetter.
More important Iam gonna set up my system only in my new flat which will be ready in another 3 months.Should I wait.

Thanks and more thanks for your postings...it gave me some knowledge..

:):)

JAMO C 407 5.1 package with Onkyo txsr875

Hi After all hunting and audition and lot of queries,Iam yet to buy the speakers for my Onkyo TXSR875.I have shorlisted t finally two of them.

Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 (5.1 package) for 59000 Rs.
Jamo C 407 (5.1 package with dipole surr) for 40000Rs

Wharfs I can get it from Chennai itself.
Jamos My friend would get it from UAE.

I like both equally.I guess C407's SPECs are great.Also when I checked for
C407's 5.1 package rate at Cinebels it was around 1.2 lakh.

Would you please guide further.May I buy C407.

Re: JAMO C 407 5.1 package with Onkyo txsr875

Hi After all hunting and audition and lot of queries,Iam yet to buy the speakers for my Onkyo TXSR875.I have shorlisted t finally two of them.

Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 (5.1 package) for 59000 Rs.
Jamo C 407 (5.1 package with dipole surr) for 40000Rs

Wharfs I can get it from Chennai itself.
Jamos My friend would get it from UAE.

I like both equally.I guess C407's SPECs are great.Also when I checked for
C407's 5.1 package rate at Cinebels it was around 1.2 lakh.

Would you please guide further.May I buy C407.

I think Magma has auditioned the c406 and posted that they were very good floorstanders( cost about 30k+ for a pair of fronts).
Maybe he can confirm about c407

Try Auditioning Polk Audio Rti Series Speakers, they blend well with the Onkyo's Higher End Recievers, as I myself have Onkyo's Nr 905 with Polk Rti A7 tower and rest Rti setup for 7.1 Theatre. I am more than satisfied with its perforamnce.

Well after hearing u all,auditions and what not i had to give up to the space in my living room,i was left with no choice but to buy satellites.I had consoled myself with this for timebeing as iam new to this audiophile society too.While hunting for these satellite speakers I auditioned klipsch,bose and canton.Canton movie series was too good for movies.
Then I found this JAMO Aesthetic series.Very beautiful and had good reviews too.My frnd had auditioned thus in UAE and was very impressed.As i liked them too, i had atlast bought them.Will reach me in another 10 days.Will write abt them too.Wharfedales and mordaunt shorts and B&w will have to wait..

I hope and wish i have a very warm and pleasing exp with JAMO A705s.

Thank u all...you grt helping minds.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back