plz suggest front speakers for onkyo hts 3300

sasi_999

hey guys i bought onkyo hts 3300 ...so i want to change frnt two spekers ...so i had sony hifi system ....
can i use dose frnt speakers(rated impaendence is 8 ohms) to dis onkyo hts...
if i use will it demage my recivers r speakers....plz suggest
tnks

In all probability you can use your Sony Speakers, What are the specs on the speakers . ?

However your Onkyo HTS 3300 is a HTIB

so all the Speakers are matched so that you get the best possible sound out of the systerm at the price point.

By changing the Fronts to your Sony or any other brand you will in fact be degrading your sound quality.

In a Home Theater setup the Front Speakers and Center should match as closely as possible to get the best possible sound

My advice would be to stick with the present speakers setup and probably when you outgrow the sound and want more you can then go in for component speakers

Hi
use spks supplied however you can use your Sony spks connected to the B outlet of the amp

I've also been considering getting a Onkyo 3400 HTiB and changing the fronts to one of the current Group Buy BS options like the Wharfdale 9.1 or 10.1.

Is this a viable option?

Cherian,

If you are planning on using BS 9.1 or 10.1 or Speakers like Q acoustic,MS,Tannoy as spirovious mentioned purely in the Stereo mode (2 channel or 2.1) then yes it is viable you will find the SQ much better than the present speakers. No doubt about it !!!. you could set it up as Speaker B and use it when listening to audio
However if if you planning on replacing the present fronts with the above mentioned BS for HT 5.1 needs. it is definitely not a viable option IMO.
Because
your fronts considering FS, the center and the rears will be a total mismatch and you will actually lose out on quality
It is always advisable to match your fronts with your center as far as possible.

So my advice keep your present setup for 5.1 add BS speakers of your choice in Speaker B use it for Audio and I am sure you will find a world of difference. However try and Audition them before going ahead and making a blind purchase.

Alternately you can also play around with the receiver once u have the FS and fine tune the front DB to a point wherein they dont over power the centers

- FLASH -

I've also been considering getting a Onkyo 3400 HTiB and changing the fronts to one of the current Group Buy BS options like the Wharfdale 9.1 or 10.1.

Is this a viable option?

I am not too sure whether the avr will be able to do justice to your speakers. Sushanta Vashisht who is a member has tried Polk (not sure) speakers and wasn't all that impressed with the arrangement. I too was thinking on the same lines to improve my current setup for music but I think I will settle for a different stereo setup instead.

Cherian,

... So my advice keep your present setup for 5.1 add BS speakers of your choice in Speaker B use it for Audio and I am sure you will find a world of difference. ...........

- FLASH -

Wow! That's a wonderful idea. Guess I've made up my mind now. Thank you all!

I just brought the Onkyo 3400! Thanks to a tip from a forum member, got a good price with B&W

Thank you Flash, Spirovious, Gadgetcrazy and other members for the idea of ADDING new fronts in B, instead of replacing the originals. Being fairly new to this, it just dint occur to me.

Will set it up over the weekend and get used to it for a while and begin hunting for the stereo fronts! Would love to hear from anyone who has tried alternative BS fronts for upping the stereo performance of 3300/3400.

I just brought the Onkyo 3400! Thanks to a tip from a forum member, got a good price with B&W

Thank you Flash, Spirovious, Gadgetcrazy and other members for the idea of ADDING new fronts in B, instead of replacing the originals. Being fairly new to this, it just dint occur to me.

Will set it up over the weekend and get used to it for a while and begin hunting for the stereo fronts! Would love to hear from anyone who has tried alternative BS fronts for upping the stereo performance of 3300/3400.

:clapping: Congratulations on your new purchase do follow up with a reveiw on your 3400 and B&W

I am getting myself Norge millenium speakers from another forum member. What I want to know is will the AVR of Onkyo 3300 be able to drive Norge speakers as B speakers or will I have to get myself a dedicated amp for that?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back