• 40s

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • 50s

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 60s

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Maint1234

Aim is to find out the approx age group of ppl buying expensive tv's in India. And if possible their primary use for the tv.
Deliberately excluding led and LCD 65" tvs as their prices are much lower.
Chinese tv brand owners kindly dont vote as the oleds from Chinese brands are much cheaper.
Aim is to find the age of buyers in the 2 lakh neighborhood.
This is in continuation of a discussion in another thread.
Voters can in 1 line give their primary use for the tv - eg ott, gaming , etc.

Ott like Netflix, Disney, prime, etc.
Also YouTube and tatasky.
I have a ps4 and ps3 but dont really play much.

Aim is to find out the approx age group of ppl buying expensive tv's in India. And if possible their primary use for the tv.
Deliberately excluding led and LCD 65" tvs as their prices are much lower.
Chinese tv brand owners kindly dont vote as the oleds from Chinese brands are much cheaper.
Aim is to find the age of buyers in the 2 lakh neighborhood.
This is in continuation of a discussion in another thread.
Voters can in 1 line give their primary use for the tv - eg ott, gaming , etc.
I was hoping to buy an OLED since 2016 though, made it only in 2021. It can be bought by people of all ages too. Even teenagers with rich parents may have a pricey OLED. India is awash in money ever since Narasimha Roa liberalized the economy in early 90s. Some TVs like the Sony Z8H 85" are bought for 10 lakhs even.

What about people who have spent 2 lakhs or more but haven't bought OLED?
Good point. They should also take part.
Anyone buying a tv in the vicinity of 2 lakhs in the last few years should vote.
If a buyer has spent around this amount on a Chinese brand, not less than 1.8 lakhs, should also vote.

Guys the aim is to find what you view on your expensive tv , not only your age .
Pl give 1 line detailing your favored content like ott, cable, gaming, etc.

Last edited:
Movies, Tv shows and sports.

So far the voting is according to the expected pattern though the sample size is very small. Total 11 votes so far and only one under 30 has bought an expensive TV. Three over 30 have bought expensive TVs but I am sure that at least two will be over 35. The real fun starts when we are over 40. That's when we are at the peak of our career (not necessarily financially) and still a "lot of youth" is left in us. :)

After the 50s we start to get miser with the money and also we need more money for our kids, education, their pocket money and marriages etc.

I am the only one till now who voted in 20s, but I will be buying in the next two weeks :p. Right now I have a 1.5L TV (so not eligible for poll).

50% TV Shows, 30% Gaming, 20% Movies

Good point. They should also take part.
Anyone buying a tv in the vicinity of 2 lakhs in the last few years should vote.
If a buyer has spent around this amount on a Chinese brand, not less than 1.8 lakhs, should also vote.
What if they have spent on TV + Home Theatre + Console/PC/Players and the combined price is over 2-3L?

What if they have spent on TV + Home Theatre + Console/PC/Players and the combined price is over 2-3L?
If tv is around 2 lakhs, you should vote.
But for eg if your tv is of 1L and the rest combine to 2 L , this might be the wrong poll.

Gaming for kids , OTT content, havent tried out ps5 myself though plan to do it soon, have cut the cable

So as expected, no teens bought a expensive tv for gaming.
And for the 20s guys/gals , not surprising in the IT/ financial services era. Though their source of income is not clear.
90 % over 30.

@jbgyout tv ofcourse counts, since oled in the title was a mistake from my side. Cant edit it.

So as expected, no teens bought a expensive tv for gaming.
Many teens use expensive tv’s for gaming purchased by their parents.Gaming market is big and many use expensive gaming monitors as well.And also many adults game during weekends with their expensive TVs. I have been an addicted gamer throughout my life and would have used my C9 for gaming if not for severe back pain and cervical spondylosis due to several hours of continuous gaming. I think there is not a lot of gamers in hifivision.

Many teens use expensive tv’s for gaming purchased by their parents.Gaming market is big and many use expensive gaming monitors as well.And also many adults game during weekends with their expensive TVs. I have been an addicted gamer throughout my life and would have used my C9 for gaming if not for severe back pain and cervical spondylosis due to several hours of continuous gaming. I think there is not a lot of gamers in hifivision.
The poll was initiated because it was claimed in one of the threads that teens are buying expensive oleds/tvs specifically for gaming in India.
I had doubts that gaming would be the sole or the major consumption in 65" oleds. 48" oleds in the 1 lakh range , yes.
Like I said I too have playstations but they just add character to my tv stand, and are seldom switched on.

And the rich dads are also represented here. How many are buying their kids 65" tvs to game on ?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back