Poor Service Response from the Micromax Service Centre

Vinod.R

Hello Guys,

I want to report a very, very poor service response from the Micromax Service Centre Yediyur, Bangalore which happened on the 5th May 2012 at 3.30pm.

I had bought my wife a new Micromax mobile phone X560 from Sangeetha dated 18 September 2011, Invoice number SI/BSK/4024 for Rs 5,149.00.

Now this phone is her audio player cum phone as she cant be bothered with turning everything on our normal audio system.

Now the headphone stopped working after about 3 months. Fortunately the phone is fine. But we could not go immediately due to different reasons.

Now the first thing we did was get in touch with Sangeetha to find out if the headphone could be replaced or repaired.

They said that I would have to buy a new one since accessories are covered only for 3 month and they gave me a new headphone quote for Rs 550!!! (I am not buying a Seinheiser for gods sake!)

Anyway we thought best to contact the service centre (As Sangeetha gave us the Micromax service centre details)

So on the 5 May 2012 morning we gave them a call and they said come to the office sir, we will fix it.

We told them all details of the invoice, date, problem etc... and also said the headphone is the problem, not the phone. But they said come to the office sir we will fix it.

So off we went to the Micromax service centre to see what they would do.

Now in the reception there was nobody there, since I guess 3.30pm is their lunch hour.

We wait in the office reception area and this receptionist walks in.

She asks me what is the problem and I tell her that this is the problem.

So she picks up a mobile from the counter (I presume hers) connects to her phone and says the phones are dead and no service or replacement can be done.

She tells me "You dont know sir, head phone cant be fixed!!!" Because she thought that I dont know anything. I am not as knowledgeable as many members here but I certainly know my ABC of electronics.

I was calm all this time because all this time I was thinking about how they would behave with customers who dont know anything.

So I tell her (as all the while she is busy chewing gum!!! and acting too busy to talk to me properly!) and acting too busy with her own phone.

So I ask her can I at least speak to the technician, and she says nobody is there while looking on some where else.

She tells me I have to buy a new headphone for Rs 395.

I said I just wanted to talk to the technician and she behaved quite rudely and didn't even respond to me properly because I didn't buy the new headphone that she recommended and hence lost interest in me.

My wife who was watching all this said lets go we can buy a new pair of headphones anywhere else but not here.

So moral of the story guys welcome to Micromax Service in Bangalore, I cant even imagine how bad it must be in small towns in India.

Any member related to Micromax can comment on this?

Thanks.

Vinod R

No hard feeling or intention to hurt, but why do we buy Micromax? don't we have better brands? It's high time we should buy products from company who are QUALITY conscious... and focus on less features which works BETTER, rather than more features that work horribly!

Last edited:
Hi Brajendu,

I thought that Micromax was a reasonably good Indian brand (Maybe chinese clone but I dont know), and it is always good to also encourage our own Indian companies?

Why only Sony, Nokia, Samsung, HTC, etc?

And why not expect reasonable service from such companies, and if not us who else will encourage such companies (Even though I have paid the cost!).

I didnt look at features actually, I had compared it with a Nokia and it was said to have Software hanging problems and anyway the phone is fine.

Vinod

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back