Possible to change wharfe 9.6 cabinet color?

nSinghal

Hope this is the correct forum for my query. I'm currently contemplating the purchase of a second hand wharfedale 9.6 which are walnut colored. My furniture (pelmet around TV and TV table) are very dark in color (guess you'd describe the color as really dark red-ish brown) and I do think the light colored wharves will look nice with them.

So wanted to know if its possible to color/polish the cabinet of the speakers into some other color? I'm totally clueless here and have no idea if it'd be possible. Please let me know if its doable (with the help of a professional carpenter ofcourse) or not. Thanks :)

With the help of professional carpenter it should be possible. But one need to remove the drivers and fix it again to protect it from carpenter. Do not attempt to paint the speakers with drivers on.

Oh, that won't be possible. Not going to bother with removal of drivers. Too inexperienced here to try that. Might end up damaging them. Won't be worth the risk I think.

Btw, the cabinet is supposedly "wood grained vinyl". Is it even possible to do a fresh coat of color/polish on that?

Interesting solution. Any one tried it with speakers or some other stuff? Also, any IDE how much it'll cost and where can I find these wraps in delhi/NCR and someone who can do the task? Do I need a pro here or my regular carpenter will be able to handle that?

No carpenter needed. Matte black vinyl sells for around 25 Rupees/sqft. Get a good automotive tint installer to wrap it. Else, a DIY with a regular hair dries works. I haven't used it on my speakers. But I did get the fake wood inserts in my car wrapped recently.

Awesome. That helped a lot. Now I won't have to worry about the color (or even minor cosmetic damage) if I go for the wharfe 9.6.

I assume I can find them at car shops only? Or some place else?

Car shops are your best bet. Office/school stationery shops too possibly. This gives me an idea. How about a fake carbon fiber finish?

Car shops are your best bet. Office/school stationery shops too possibly. This gives me an idea. How about a fake carbon fiber finish?

You mean a vinyl wrap resembling carbon fibre look? Or something else?

Yup. CF type vinyl is pretty popular. Rs. 75/sqft. These are pretty tough too. Got some on my cars, on the chrome bits and B pillars. Yeah yeah, I'm a ricer ;)

Thanks for all the help shuv. I'll look for something which fits with my furniture once I get the speakers. Considering how cheap it is, I may end up giving these a try even if I get new speakers in case I don't like the color or finish :)

Glad to be of any assistance. For the vinyl try Driven and Arush if you can't find elsewhere.

Arush = Autopsyche

Back