Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

I also modded the SBT by adding the Touch Toolbox 3.0 from Soundcheck -

soundcheck's - audio@vise: Touch Toolbox 3.0

It has definitely improved the resolution of the SBT even more.

Also installed Fidelizer and TCPOptimizer on the server machine.

Really happy with the sound of my system now, however, the tinkerer/DIY'er in me will continue to find ways to improve the sound even more.
One more mod in pipeline is to slightly attenuate the output of the speaker's tweeter output level, as I am using them in a nearfield setup in my smallish apartment. Ordered some 1.5ohm and 2ohm non inductive resistors of 10 watt rating. Thinking of adding them on the tweeter speaker terminal, as jumpers, hence attenuating the signal to the tweeter.

Bought a Morrow M1 interconnect.
Heard some good things about it. Hope it lives upto the hype.

Congrats Santy !!!

Your Half Theatre was already sounding Amazing.... Wondering what these bad boys would be !!!

So yet another visit due...

I have been thrice to your place.
1st - Your Energy + Yamaha setup
2nd - Ur PJ and Sansui
3rd - Genelacs

I am glad I did not came 4th time for for Teac DAC else it would been 5th time for ur new Sub. ;)

Now I can come for Teac + Sub together once they are burn in. :)

An used, old, rickety, wrinkly Phillips 242 turntable....you know what they say about 'Wise old men', just 48 hours in my room and it has already proven to me that I need its wisdom and elegance in my musical journey more than anything else almost. Just wondering what I will get when I put in a MM cartridge and if I get a phono preamp.

I am in good company in its wisdom.

An used, old, rickety, wrinkly Phillips 242 turntable....you know what they say about 'Wise old men', just 48 hours in my room and it has already proven to me that I need its wisdom and elegance in my musical journey more than anything else almost. Just wondering what I will get when I put in a MM cartridge and if I get a phono preamp.

I am in good company in its wisdom.

Congrats...
With that upgrade you should definitely be in heaven listening to the 242 TT. I have got the CNC phono kit and still in the planning stage to get a decent MM cart.

[URL="http://www.cromaretail.com/blog/index.php/experts-crunch-what-if-tech-scenario/#more"]
I have been on this fourms for quite a while now and I see, people sharing their reviews and purchases independently. Lets start a thread to consolidate this. Lets share our purchases pertaining to any audio/video gadgets we purchase, how so ever small or big it is.

I think this would be a great information source for all of us.

1. Also share a line or two for what made us decide that product
2. Other contenders
3. Price...ofcourse
4. Purchase date
5. Purchase place and vender details
6. Any suggestion/problem with your product purchased.
7. If possible do not forget to post a picture of your product

My latest purchase...

A.C Ryan POHD

I already had WD TV and so I was looking for a bit more comprehensive player which has inbuilt storage, YAMJ, and online streaming. Contenders were ofcourse xtremer and WD Live. Both were quite close contenders, I opted for POHD over WD Live because of inbuilt storage. xtremer internal storage is limited to 500-700Gb HDD also I was following the development team on each of the respective fourms closely and I found out that, POHD staff is very responsive and very fast in bringing up the updates, almost all your queries are answered and what ever is promised in firmwares is delivered....unlike Xtremer I presume....
Finally was the YAMJ which was only available in TViX (way too expensive)
I am waiting for Commercial release of YAMJ, till then I am just following the development team/members to learn as much as I can on the product.

Purchade Date: 25th FEB 2010

Purchade place: New Delhi
Vender: aqtronics Delhi
Head office ::
#1616, 8th Main Road
3rd Block Jayanagar,
Bangalore 560011 Tel: +91 80-41210347

Price : 12500 (including all taxes)

No problems AFAIK yet.......
[/URL]

My Latest purchase is from here.
Intex 2425 D Multimedia Speakers (Black)

5 out of 5 based on 2 Review
Key Features
2.1 Channel
20 Watt Total Power Output
2 Satellites Speakers
USB Connectivity

While searching for a new pair of floor standers to change my jamo met this guy, so impressive. So i have started my home theatre set up from .1 .

Attachments

• christmas 2013 131.jpg
    christmas 2013 131.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 354
  • Sub and others 041.jpg
    Sub and others 041.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 356
Hello Everyone,

I am follower of this forum for quite some time.. I read a lot and the discussion threads were really helpful.

Last month I finally started building my HT:

Receiver - YAMAHA RX V475
BS Speakers - KEF Q100
Speaker Cable - Monoprice

Now looking a good SUB and media player.

Back