Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

My purchases:
1) Acer H5370 BD
2) Sainsonic Rainbow Series 144 Hz 3D Glasses
3) Marantz SR7007
4) Energy Take Classic 5.1 for the time being, untill i finalize my FS speakers

@Dev_KD: You were planning to buy Danavox speakers right. Have you changed your mind?

No. Thats a strong contender, but I am yet to audition this. I am looking at PSB T6 / Danavox.

This Energy Take is an awesome mid price range 5.1 system :) I am keeping it for the time being, until I buy a good FS. I have taken SR 7007 for the same reason. :)

Finally after 1.5 years of actually listening to it's predecessor during the Mumbai meet, I've acquired the famed budget speakers designed by Andrew Jones of Pioneer/TAD. I managed to get the floorstanders (FS52)/center(C22)/surround(BS22) through Avenue Sound. These speakers have received rave reviews via word of mouth through the various forums and Pioneer claims to have done very less marketing for these. Their claim to fame is the performance that they deliver at the budget at which it sells in the US. Of course, importing them in India does add to their cost, but I still found them quite attractive as compared to others in the market.

The purchasing experience was quite good with Ashish of Avenue Sound. Thanks to denom, spiro, santy and rajadeep who were extremely helpful when I first met them during the Mumbai meet. That was the time when my HT had comprised of just a TV and a WDTV. So now I can safely blame them for all the subsequent spends :)

The negative thing about these speakers is the size of the bookshelves and the center speaker. They are huge! Wall mounting these rears are going to be a problem by itself and I am not going to use the rears until I find a suitable wall mounting solution to these. Yes, the bookshelves do require a bit more power than the floorstanders, but the amount of bass these guys produce is quite good. I've not yet managed to burn them in and give them a good workout. I am really looking forward to this long weekend to give them a go.

I am not an audiophile and honestly I do not understand when someone describes things like timbre, wide soundstage, transparency, mellow mids, rolled off highs, tight bass, etc. I've been listening to my music/movies on a Monoprice satellite system (which too is amazing for it's price). The first change that I found when I switched to the bookshelves/floorstanders is that the music is now somehow 'unzipped' (for lack of a better explanation). On my satellites, the music sounded a bit compressed and too tight together, now it appears that there's a lot of various directions from which the instruments sound and the experience is quite nice. My primary usage is HT though, but I am sure I am going to end up listening to a lot more music now. Thank you HFV.

Absolutely. I plan to try out the FS with the DAC + Topping just to see what these two small pocket wonders can do.

When I tried the DAC with my satellites, I found that the AVR's DAC (Yamaha 473) sounded a bit more wider and clutter free than the DAC, but I did not test it much as I was waiting for the FS.

The negative thing about these speakers is the size of the bookshelves and the center speaker. They are huge! .
Congrats Kneo,in fact the old series has bigger center with 5 in drivers.The current series has smaller one.

Hello!!

Happy to share ,have added one more Emotiva xpa 2 to my all stereo system. Using each xPA 2 as a 1000 w monoblock bridged now.
The config now is-
-Source- PC with BD capability.
-Emotiva XDA2 DAC
-Emotiva USP1 PRE AMP- now discontinued
-POWER AMPS- 2x XPA2
-motors/Drivers- Tekton Design -MLore .
Cables and interconnects- Rocket fish.

Planned - Sub- power sound Audio XS15, or SVS 2000SB.

Will post some pics soon.
Thanks-

Bought Yamaha YHT-196 last week.
Bought from Reliance Digital, Gurgaon.
Price - 24K. Price includes Phillips 3D/BlueRay player.

Just unboxed and installed the system, however getting strange problem, the Amp cuts off after a specific volume when listening to Radio.
For Music - the music plays well for most of the Preset sound options but for 1 of the preset settings.

For movies, the amp cuts off when sound is set to 20 - 30% of the max volume in most of the preset sound options.

However for the music modes, the max I have tried for most of the preset modes is 70% of full volume and it works fine.

Apologies for using lay-man terminology for explaining my problem, but this is problem is bugging me.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back