Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Purchased the Micca RB42 book shelf speakers yesterday from Amazon on a whim. Mind blowing bass coming from a 4 inch driver !! Bought them on watching rave reviews on youtube- particularly Zeos and then the Audiophiliac. Costing USD 130 abroad and ~ INR 14500 these are truly amazing for their price and size. Very very well made and really heavy - have placed them on top of my wharfedales 220- you can compare the size and depth.....

Attachments

• M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 108
  • M4.jpg
    M4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 109
  • M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 110
  • M5.jpg
    M5.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 108
Purchased the Micca RB42 book shelf speakers yesterday from Amazon on a whim. Mind blowing bass coming from a 4 inch driver !! Bought them on watching rave reviews on youtube- particularly Zeos and then the Audiophiliac. Costing USD 130 abroad and ~ INR 14500 these are truly amazing for their price and size. Very very well made and really heavy - have placed them on top of my wharfedales 220- you can compare the size and depth.....

how do they sound ?
I was eyeing this, maybe replace the height channels with these or use for near field listening.

After 8 years, I have finally cleared the mess my av room was. Earlier I used to place everything on the carpet. Now this have gone into racks made of slotted angles. The second rack is too good, boltless, extremely sturdy and very easy to assemble. The shelf support weight of around 100 Kg and so it wasn't a problem supporting my 60 kg plasma tv. The one on the left was a little tiresome to assemble. Too many bolts and the supplied spanner metal wasn't good and gave way and started slipping while tightenting. But I have my gedore spanners and so it wasn't an issue. The first one costed Rs 3206 and the second one on the right costed me Rs 4375.
IMG_20211215_224030.jpeg
IMG_20211215_221809 (1).jpeg
IMG_20211215_224622.jpg

Last edited:
After 8 years, I have finally cleared the mess my av room was. Earlier I used to place everything on the carpet. Now this have gone into racks made of slotted angles. The second rack is too good, boltless, extremely sturdy and very easy to assemble. The shelf support weight of around 100 Kg and so it wasn't a problem supporting my 60 kg plasma tv. The one on the left was a little tiresome to assemble. Too many bolts and the supplied spanner metal wasn't good and gave way and started slipping while tightenting. But I have my gedore spanners and so it wasn't an issue. The first one costed Rs 3206 and the second one on the right costed me Rs 4375.
View attachment 65255
Neat! I hope you have your equipment covered when not in use to prevent dust.

how do they sound ?
I was eyeing this, maybe replace the height channels with these or use for near field listening.
They keep shocking me since i find it difficult to believe that such sound is possible from such a small cabinet. Generally I have found them to be good across all genre- however they can be quirky at times. For example, Hotel California sounded like it has never sounded even on my Monitor Audio floorstanders (my ex- speakers). The amount of low end push along with crystal clear vocals surprised me. However when I switched to Gimme Gimme (ABBA) which has an equal emphasis on vocals with percussion in the background, the vocals sounded recessed. Again when I switched to Jagjit Singh to check vocals (Kabhi Yun Bhi To Ho) he sounded like he was in the room :). Jodha Akbar (Jashn e bahara) sound better on my Wharfedales but again for the price you can always buy them just for the fun of it.

These are very heavy speakers so think before you mount them anywhere. Nearfield they will be fabulous and you will be able to get away with a smaller amp as well. Otherwise they are quite inefficient (I think 83 db sensitivity).
People like Zeos went to the extent of saying that dump your Elacs and buy these. He says that if you walk blind into the room where these speakers are playing you will mistake them for much much much more expensive speakers.

Here's an interesting link:

View attachment 65255
View attachment 65256
View attachment 65257
Very Neat looking Racks for that price. Where did you buy it from.

Very Neat looking Racks for that price. Where did you buy it from.
From amazon. Search for Milnil racks. They ship through blue dart. To my surprise the boltess ones are the sturdy ones. The ones with the bolts will move a bit if you use force. The boltess ones are unshakeable and all angles stay at 90 degrees.

However when I switched to Gimme Gimme (ABBA) which has an equal emphasis on vocals with percussion in the background, the vocals sounded recessed.
I am not sure if Abba is a great recording to use, to evaluate vocals. I'd use something else, like Tracy Chapman's Fast Car which is pretty good and well recorded.

I am not sure if Abba is a great recording to use, to evaluate vocals. I'd use something else, like Tracy Chapman's Fast Car which is pretty good and well recorded.
For vocals i usually stick to Jagjit but Abba was just to try a mix of different genre.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back