Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Nice simple yet elegant setup,
Do let us know your views and from what did you upgrade.

I have owned similar setup until I upgraded to 7000a
Hi Amrut,

I was using DD Power Amp from Aniket along with Acoustic Portrait Swara Preamp and Acoustic Portrait streamer connected to Indiq Audio Universal Mishra speakers.

DD Power Amp was giving me issues from the beginning (2020- I got the amp) and since then it was on continuous repair mode. If I have to write about the whole story it will become another "complaint" post, which I don't want to.

Because of the power amp issues, one of my Indiq Audio xover board has gone and Amit has helped and rectified the issue very promptly. (Customer service- I think all should learn from him- 5 Stars).

During this time I thought of buying an amp as DD amp was with Aniket and it was taking endlessly to rectify the issue.

I already have Audiolab 8000A Power Pre combo- but because of the age of the amp, it is not performing well. Since I am familiar with Audiolab sound signature, I ended up in Audiolab 6000A. (During this time I also demoed Rethm Aarka and I wanted to buy it, but home dept. didn't approve the budget and so I was left with Audiolab as an option).

When I bought Audiolab, a desire for a new speaker came. And wherever I search I was getting Audiolab + W Linton as a good combo.
I started pressurizing the home ministry and as I told them that this is my final set up, got approval for W Lintons.

After that, I bought an MI Box 4k and was using it as my source, as I wanted to use Audiolab's Dac as it is better than AP streamer DAC.

And finally I bought WiiM Mini and it has brought in very good changes to the system, the sound has opened up very much.

Now since, the entire system has changed, the sound signature has also changed. I like the combo very much.

Thanks,
Sreejith

Congrats!

How does it compare to the 6000a ? I always had this doubt why would one need so much power.
I think you can answer it better.
Hi Amrut,

With 8300 the Lintons performance have improved a lot.

I was under the impression that with power increase only the low frequencies will improve, but that’s not the case. It has brought in more clarity, especially in mid to high frequency range.

Thanks,
Sreejith

Hi,
Hope you can share your impressions with the Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC.
I absolutely love it !!! i've had very limited exposure to standalone dac's . Had an MSB platinum V before this which was stellar too. Really love the soundstage the tambaqui throws up and i love the lushness of the sound ( pardon me for my layman terms, not a very a technical guy). Ii could hear the minutest of details and i can't get over how good well mastered recordings sound. Now i have addep lupe to the analogue chain too and it give you so much of conrtols to play with on the fly when you are listening to vinyls. Its just incredible.
Cheers!
Anand

I absolutely love it !!! i've had very limited exposure to standalone dac's . Had an MSB platinum V before this which was stellar too. Really love the soundstage the tambaqui throws up and i love the lushness of the sound ( pardon me for my layman terms, not a very a technical guy). Ii could hear the minutest of details and i can't get over how good well mastered recordings sound. Now i have addep lupe to the analogue chain too and it give you so much of conrtols to play with on the fly when you are listening to vinyls. Its just incredible.
Cheers!
Anand
Thank you. Sounds like you have a thoughtfully put together set up suited to your preferred SQ, tone and presentation. Have fun!

Cheers!
Anand
Sounds indeed like an excellent dac, would be end game for me :D

If you dont mind me asking, I can see that you use a roon setup with a Nucleus probably as a roon core. And the Tambaqui has roon end point functionality. And you have a lot of SOTM components in the chain. I can understand the SOTM switch and ISO Cat 6 cable. But are you using the rest of the SOTM chain to feed the Tambaqui. And are you finding this combination better than using the Tambaqui as the direct end point.

The reason why Iam curious is because iam considering a streaming dac for my next upgrade. And was considering selling my current streamer if the dac's inbuilt streaming board was good enough. Hence curious to know your findings. Thanks :)

Sounds indeed like an excellent dac, would be end game for me :D

If you dont mind me asking, I can see that you use a roon setup with a Nucleus probably as a roon core. And the Tambaqui has roon end point functionality. And you have a lot of SOTM components in the chain. I can understand the SOTM switch and ISO Cat 6 cable. But are you using the rest of the SOTM chain to feed the Tambaqui. And are you finding this combination better than using the Tambaqui as the direct end point.

The reason why Iam curious is because iam considering a streaming dac for my next upgrade. And was considering selling my current streamer if the dac's inbuilt streaming board was good enough. Hence curious to know your findings. Thanks :)
Hi yes i did feel that there was a difference in the SQ when i did an A to B comparison, But then that is what i felt. As for having the SoTM stack i already had the setup before i bought the Tambaqui. I just added the tx - USB ultra later. i honestly got the Tambaqui just for using it as a DAC and not a roon endpoint.
Cheers!

Hi yes i did feel that there was a difference in the SQ when i did an A to B comparison, But then that is what i felt. As for having the SoTM stack i already had the setup before i bought the Tambaqui. I just added the tx - USB ultra later. i honestly got the Tambaqui just for using it as a DAC and not a roon endpoint.
Cheers!
Thanks for sharing :)

I guessed as much that there might still be benefits with an external optimised digital streamer. I will hold onto my streamer till the dac is here. Dont want seller's remorse later :D

Happy wife/partner is the last and final ingredient for the end game Audio appreciation-enjoyment. No reviewer has highlighted this 😎
No reviewer has highlighted it for good reason :p My wife would want speakers in turquoise colour with shades of emerald blue and a matching dupatta in place of the speaker grills :eek:

Back