Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Pardon me. But did I understand you correctly? Your neighbours are complaining about your sound/ your singing?

Got on the Dynaudio Bandwagon with the Dynaudio c1 mk II. @Nikhil 🤣 it's paired excellently with my naim supernait 3 chord qutest combo. Now I have 2 chains.

Qutest -> naim sn3 > Dynaudio c1
ad1862 -> yogibear 6bg6 hashimoto tamura 7w SET > Jamo Concert 8.

Attachments

• 20231114_132924.jpg
    20231114_132924.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 20231114_140024.jpg
    20231114_140024.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 20231114_150942.jpg
    20231114_150942.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 20231114_150556.jpg
    20231114_150556.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 20231114_150527.jpg
    20231114_150527.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 20231114_150457.jpg
    20231114_150457.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 146
Got on the Dynaudio Bandwagon with the Dynaudio c1 mk II. @Nikhil 🤣 it's paired excellently with my naim supernait 3 chord qutest combo. Now I have 2 chains.

Qutest -> naim sn3 > Dynaudio c1
ad1862 -> yogibear 6bg6 hashimoto tamura 7w SET > Jamo Concert 8.

Congratulations @corElement! The C1 is a fantastic speaker.

I really liked them a lot when I was looking several years ago.
Even now I have to admit being a little partial to Dynaudio whenever I hear a pair.

Couple of additions to my setup:

KEF R8A: Installed as surround speakers. These are replacing my KEF Q150 pair which I have been using as surrounds for almost 2 years now.
Super happy with the R8A — significant improvement in sound quality and sound signature is now perfectly in sync with my R3 & R2C.

SVS subwoofer cable for my REL T9X. I have been using DAC before this from 2019!
I didnt expect I will notice much with this change, I was wrong! The bass is more tighter and no more boomy feel!

Super happy with these upgrades.

Next upgrades will be to replace my Polk RC60I Atmos speakers with KEF ceiling speakers!

Attachments

• IMG_9273.jpeg
    IMG_9273.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9266.jpeg
    IMG_9266.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9265.jpeg
    IMG_9265.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 77
I got a Sony UBP-X700 last week and watched 4K version of "The Matrix". Though the audio was not in Atmos, the sound and picture clarity from a disk is an order of magnitude grater than streaming in Netflix or AmazonPrime.
For example in the scene where "Anderson" gets scolded by his boss, there is a screeching sound of the glass panes being cleaned from the outside which distracts Anderson. I have never heard that sound before. THen there is the wind noise when he steps outside the window on to the ledge.
Happy with the purchase

Hi Did u compare s90c with others like Sony x90L and lg qned 80 in this range ? What were ur primary reasons to pick up Samsung ?
I think, have to compare sc90C with Sony A series for OLED. Even the A80 was priced higher than Samsung and at least in showroom settings, the samsung was brighter than LG G3. A95L was very good, but no 77". Even otherwise the 65" itself is very highly priced. So the samsung it is, due to price and brightness. Its been a month around now, happy with the purchase. But need to see its longevity. the sony HX 850 purchased 10 years back is working fine still, except for white band in the edges.

Thought I'd share two worth while additions in the past one month that delivered :

1) Audioquest Niagra 3000 : I recently added a Audioquest Niagara 3000 to power only the sources in the system. Have the power amps still direct to wall. Was'nt expecting any sonic improvements, but wanted some protection for the gear, as I've had some nasty blows in the past. My trusty PS Audio P1200 regenerator stepped in several times with fuse blows to save my kit, till it finally gave up the ghost in one last battle but still saved the kit :D

So some sort of protection was an absolute must with the crappy power that I have. So plugged it in with fingers crossed, hoping that the sonic degradation if any would be endurable. But what a pleasant surprise it was. The biggest improvement was the elimination of bass drone that I was having. I had a nasty bass boom in what felt like the 50 hz region. As per REW, my room simulation showed bass peaks at 48 hz, so I assumed this was the main culprit. But turns out it was the 50HZ frequency hum on the mains getting into the source chain. Eliminating this has almost removed that nasty bass boom. And I can also sense a darker back ground as a result. On the negative side, I lost a little sweet lushness on female vocals and strings. Guess some harmonics are being eliminated by the conditioner. But all in all, I would call it a sensible upgrade. Will be adding audioquest NRG power cables next to see if that brings any benefits as claimed by audioquest. Wish audioquest had a grounding system like Shunyata or Puritan, so that the power chain would be complete. Maybe something for the future :)

2) SOTM DCBL CAT-7 Ethernet cable : I plugged it between a cheap and very old TP-Link router ( Powered by a 12V LPSU ), and my lumin streamer. And immediately noticed an improvement in how organic and natural everything sounds. Plus what can be described as the elimination of some haze in the music. And another slight reduction in back ground noise. Iam convinced that network switches with fiber will be the way forward to optimise streaming in the long run. But Iam happy for now :)

Last edited:
I recently added a Audioquest Niagara 3000 to power only the sources in the system. Have the power amps still direct to wall. Was'nt expecting any sonic improvements, but wanted some protection for the gear, as I've had some nasty blows in the past. My trusty PS Audio P1200 regenerator stepped in several times with fuse blows to save my kit, till it finally gave up the ghost in one last battle but still saved the kit :D

So some sort of protection was an absolute must with the crappy power that I have. So plugged it in with fingers crossed, hoping that the sonic degradation if any would be endurable. But what a pleasant surprise it was. The biggest improvement was the elimination of bass drone that I was having. I had a nasty bass boom in what felt like the 50 hz region. As per REW, my room simulation showed bass peaks at 48 hz, so I assumed this was the main culprit. But turns out it was the 50HZ frequency hum on the mains getting into the source chain. Eliminating this has almost removed that nasty bass boom. And I can also sense a darker back ground as a result. On the negative side, I lost a little sweet lushness on female vocals and strings. Guess some harmonics are being eliminated by the conditioner. But all in all, I would call it a sensible upgrade. Will be adding audioquest NRG power cables next to see if that brings any benefits as claimed by audioquest. Wish audioquest had a grounding system like Shunyata or Puritan, so that the power chain would be complete. Maybe something for the future :)
I recently added a Puritan Audio Ground master City plugged in to one of the sockets in the power distributton box from where all the audio equipment are powered. After several hours of testing (with and without the ground master City), perceiv a slightly quieter back ground, widening and separation of sound stage and overall clearer presentation. A good track where this change was noticeable is “Laughing by David Crosby.
I have not installed a separate earthing pipe for this as I believe it could be risky (channelling dangerous power accidents elsewhere in the house if this was the path of least resistance?) but the wire contact is touching the floor. I don’t know enough to explain how or why these changes are noticeable. Puritan audio says “ When it is not possible to install an external ground rod much of the benefit associated with a full GroundMaster installation can be achieved by using a GroundMaster CITY which simply plugs into a spare wall socket.”

A specially formulated core absorbs interference frequencies converting them them to harmless heat.

I did start this experiment with some skepticism as this device is the least expensive of Puritan Audio’s offerings, but am now wondering if there would be more benefit with a Puritan Audio PSM 156. This could also add some protection from voltage fluctuations that we all are worried about.

Last edited:
Thought I'd share two worth while additions in the past one month that delivered :

1) Audioquest Niagra 3000 : I recently added a Audioquest Niagara 3000 to power only the sources in the system. Have the power amps still direct to wall. Was'nt expecting any sonic improvements, but wanted some protection for the gear, as I've had some nasty blows in the past. My trusty PS Audio P1200 regenerator stepped in several times with fuse blows to save my kit, till it finally gave up the ghost in one last battle but still saved the kit :D

2) SOTM DCBL CAT-7 Ethernet cable : I plugged it between a cheap and very old TP-Link router ( Powered by a 12V LPSU ), and my lumin streamer. And immediately noticed an improvement in how organic and natural everything sounds. Plus what can be described as the elimination of some haze in the music. And another slight reduction in back ground noise. Iam convinced that network switches with fiber will be the way forward to optimise streaming in the long run. But Iam happy for now :)
I envy your hearing ability- you can notice the change caused by an ethernet cable change ! I can't hear changes unless they are really big such as a speaker change- LOL. Congratulations on the new additions

I recently added a Puritan Audio Ground master City plugged in to one of the sockets in the power distributton box from where all the audio equipment are powered. After several hours of testing (with and without the ground master City), perceiv a slightly quieter back ground, widening and separation of sound stage and overall clearer presentation. A good track where this change was noticeable is “Laughing by David Crosby.
I have not installed a separate earthing pipe for this as I believe it could be risky (channelling dangerous power accidents elsewhere in the house if this was the path of least resistance?) but the wire contact is touching the floor. I don’t know enough to explain how or why these changes are noticeable. Puritan audio says “ When it is not possible to install an external ground rod much of the benefit associated with a full GroundMaster installation can be achieved by using a GroundMaster CITY which simply plugs into a spare wall socket.”

A specially formulated core absorbs interference frequencies converting them them to harmless heat.

I did start this experiment with some skepticism as this device is the least expensive of Puritan Audio’s offerings, but am now wondering if there would be more benefit with a Puritan Audio PSM 156. This could also add some protection from voltage fluctuations that we all are worried about.
Thanks for sharing your findings :)

The ground master City is certianly intruiging, and will probably give it a try and see. Both Puritan and Shunyata also have their grounding boxes, where all the kit get grounded. This is claimed to reduce power noise further. But they work usually as a whole system from what I understand.

One of our own members @muralimmreddy has recently tried the puritan and bought it. Iam not sure about the model though. Fondly hope he will chip in with his experiences for the wider benefit of our forum's wallets :D

I envy your hearing ability- you can notice the change caused by an ethernet cable change ! I can't hear changes unless they are really big such as a speaker change- LOL. Congratulations on the new additions
Trust me I was in the same camp for almost a decade :)

I was so deaf I could'nt hear differences between dacs, forget cables :D

The break came when I treated my room. I wont talk about stuff like sound stage and imaging improvements which are obvious. The biggest benefit that is not usually acknowledged is a reduction in ambient noise levels. My room is eerily quiet now, irrespective of the time of the day. Being so quiet, the noise floor is so low, that even very minute / subtle changes are audible now. Guess these changes were always there, but they were buried under the ambient noise and were difficult to make out. I now believe that the room is 70% of the sound.

With the room being so very quiet, any noise reduction either through power or ethernet lines is very obvious now. And my ears and system have been the same for almost 6 years now without any major changes.

Thanks for sharing your findings :)

The ground master City is certianly intruiging, and will probably give it a try and see. Both Puritan and Shunyata also have their grounding boxes, where all the kit get grounded. This is claimed to reduce power noise further. But they work usually as a whole system from what I understand.

One of our own members @muralimmreddy has recently tried the puritan and bought it. Iam not sure about the model though. Fondly hope he will chip in with his experiences for the wider benefit of our

Trust me I was in the same camp for almost a decade :)

I was so deaf I could'nt hear differences between dacs, forget cables :D

The break came when I treated my room. I wont talk about stuff like sound stage and imaging improvements which are obvious. The biggest benefit that is not usually acknowledged is a reduction in ambient noise levels. My room is eerily quiet now, irrespective of the time of the day. Being so quiet, the noise floor is so low, that even very minute / subtle changes are audible now. Guess these changes were always there, but they were buried under the ambient noise and were difficult to make out. I now believe that the room is 70% of the sound.

With the room being so very quiet, any noise reduction either through power or ethernet lines is very obvious now. And my ears and system have been the same for almost 6 years now without any major changes.
And a set up that is resolving enough to perceive these small changes too?

💯% - one of the reasons, in addition to alcohol, why music sounds better at night/ winters. One of the biggest culprits in India is air-conditioning - it's never quiet enough.

what's the noise floor in your room currently?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back