Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

This came in for my Spotify setup...

IMG-20210806-203657.jpg

IMG-20210806-203512.jpg

Chain: Droid Tab (With Spotify App) + Auris Blume HD + Marantz PM5005 + MICCA MB42
33eb0cfd-96a2-4741-8e1d-d7b291ca6fbc.jpg

Hello
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Please let us know how do you feel after listening to music using Auries Blume HD.
Cheers

Hello Sir,

Thank-you so much!

The Auris Blume is definitely a lovely sounding device. Makes Spotify extremely enjoyable now. I actually have it connected to 2 separate setups:

Setup 1: Marantz (via RCA) + MICCA

Setup 2: Edifier S1000DB via Toslink.

What I particularly like is the rock solid signal strength of the Auris, it has never once dropped signal or disconnected from my Tablet. Setting it up was a breeze. Clean, clear sound output with no hiccups so far. If I compare it to my Khadas Tone Board which I use on my Audio PC then I think I would have to say the KTB sounds more brighter and more energetic but then honestly, and I realize I'm talking about Bluetooth here, the Auris is no slouch at all and I really mean that. The sheer ease of sitting back on your couch and just having a Tab in your hand streaming music to your speakers is heavenly! :)

Thanks for your detailed feedback. I am curious to know whether you have felt any difference in SQ in your first and second set up. Again have you played FLAC or WAV from your tab? If yes then what is your feeling?
Cheers

Hello Sir,

Thank-you so much!

The Auris Blume is definitely a lovely sounding device. Makes Spotify extremely enjoyable now. I actually have it connected to 2 separate setups:

What I particularly like is the rock solid signal strength of the Auris, it has never once dropped signal or disconnected from my Tablet. Setting it up was a breeze. Clean, clear sound output with no hiccups so far. If I compare it to my Khadas Tone Board which I use on my Audio PC then I think I would have to say the KTB sounds more brighter and more energetic but then honestly, and I realize I'm talking about Bluetooth here, the Auris is no slouch at all and I really mean that. The sheer ease of sitting back on your couch and just having a Tab in your hand streaming music to your speakers is heavenly! :)
Congratulations on your new acquisition, happy to see you are enjoying seamless streaming.

Recently joined this Group. Happy to share my new device. Zappiti pro 4k HDR Media player. Build looks amazing and is huge.

Attachments

• 4D09DA34-11C8-486C-85B7-73ADD4D3A1CB.jpeg
    4D09DA34-11C8-486C-85B7-73ADD4D3A1CB.jpeg
    758.8 KB · Views: 110
A small addition to my HT rig, set up in progress.
View attachment 62216
Congratulations,it's a very good sub. You will like it for music and movies. Better not to remove the scratch protection sheet from the top glass as it will inevitably attract scratches and dust.
Also during monsoon, periodically remove the front grill and check as fungus forms on the inside on the MDF area of the grill. Hence you may need to clean it. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
Better not to remove the scratch protection sheet from the top glass as it will inevitably attract scratches and dust.
I have a obsessive need to remove these plastic coverings on devices. It is so bad that I have even asked check in counter staff at airports why they had not removed the plastic cover on the bezels of TVs displaying flight info (the looks I received probably indicated something uncomplimentary)

I have removed such coverings in my close friends and relatives houses where I felt I would not be abused/assaulted for this. Yes, I have a problem. When I see a car which is a few years old with plastic covering the headrests and sunshades at a traffic stop I can barely control the urge.

But to the REL glass top under discussion … I feel the glass is harder than plastic is more resistant to scratches, is easier to clean and IMO looks better with no covering. (No, I don’t want to draw parallels with smart phones as they are handled differently)

I know this may become an issue that is as divisive as Covid vaccines, but I mean no offense in suggesting the packaging/covering meant to protect the equipment “from factory to home” all be removed once installation is complete.

It was designed to be just like that. Let the REL bask in its full glory and perform!
+1 to the fungus check and cleaning suggestions.

I have a obsessive need to remove these plastic coverings on devices. It is so bad that I have even asked check in counter staff at airports why they had not removed the plastic cover on the bezels of TVs displaying flight info (the looks I received probably indicated something uncomplimentary)

I have removed such coverings in my close friends and relatives houses where I felt I would not be abused/assaulted for this. Yes, I have a problem. When I see a car which is a few years old with plastic covering the headrests and sunshades at a traffic stop I can barely control the urge.

But to the REL glass top under discussion … I feel the glass is harder than plastic is more resistant to scratches, is easier to clean and IMO looks better with no covering. (No, I don’t want to draw parallels with smart phones as they are handled differently)

I know this may become an issue that is as divisive as Covid vaccines, but I mean no offense in suggesting the packaging/covering meant to protect the equipment “from factory to home” all be removed once installation is complete.

It was designed to be just like that. Let the REL bask in its full glory and perform!
+1 to the fungus check and cleaning suggestions.
I too dislike stickers and plastic. The first thing I did on unboxing was to remove that protective sheet on top of the glass. Although I take extreme care with the gear, yet within a few weeks those scratches appeared magically. Over time more will appear. The gorilla glass on the phone is definitely more scratch resistant than this glass. For my choice I would wish that glass on top was not there but Rel had its reasons for putting it though.

I too dislike stickers and plastic. The first thing I did on unboxing was to remove that protective sheet on top of the glass. Although I take extreme care with the gear, yet within a few weeks those scratches appeared magically. Over time more will appear. The gorilla glass on the phone is definitely more scratch resistant than this glass. For my choice I would wish that glass on top was not there but Rel had its reasons for putting it though.
Just cover up the equipment when not in use. I use old curtain cloth, blouse piece material and what not.
It helps in minimizing dust build up and scratches. Another thing AV equipment lovers need to have is an ostrich feather duster.
Cheers,
Raghu

Just cover up the equipment when not in use. I use old curtain cloth, blouse piece material and what not.
It helps in minimizing dust build up and scratches. Another thing AV equipment lovers need to have is an ostrich feather duster.
Cheers,
Raghu
All the components have covers since we have a playground in front which is dusty. For cleaning I use a micro fibre cloth and camera blower. My stereo/ HT usage is also minimal , maybe just once a week. Despite all this, the scratches and dust is inevitable. For the kind of sound that this sub gives, I don't mind overlooking the glass aspect :)

Regards,
Nitin

[/QUOTE]
Hi
Please tell us which of these two set ups you enjoy more...

All the components have covers since we have a playground in front which is dusty. For cleaning I use a micro fibre cloth and camera blower. My stereo/ HT usage is also minimal , maybe just once a week. Despite all this, the scratches and dust is inevitable. For the kind of sound that this sub gives, I don't mind overlooking the glass aspect :)

Regards,
Nitin
what kind of covers do you use? I am looking for a thin material made of flexible plastic that keeps most of the dust out. I use one for my printer ( available in Amazon) and found that to be effective. Please suggest on what you have been using.

what kind of covers do you use? I am looking for a thin material made of flexible plastic that keeps most of the dust out. I use one for my printer ( available in Amazon) and found that to be effective. Please suggest on what you have been using.
I have made cloth covers from curtain material which I have been using for years for all components and speakers. Printer cover material is also good. I'll try to send you a pic by night just to give an idea..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back