6 Sockets from Schneider ( germany) - Copper based 16Amp rated
Custom wood casing with damping

size is not small
a 6 pc box will measure about 6 inches by 14inches

the components weigh
1.4 kgs

dunno how much the box will end up weighing though
probably rikhav is correct in his estimation

This should be a good option. Zephyr is bigger than my bookshelves.

shivam-albums-system-picture568-audire-zephyr-power-conditioner-ap-bookshelf-speaker-speaker-stand-magma.jpg

Great going Ali. Do you have any estimates on the pricing?

I'd be up for a distribution box. I would require the wire length to be around 15 feet, exact measure will send later. Connectors I have a mix of US/Singapore/UK/Chinese/Indian. Most are US/Singapore connectors, so even if they can only accommodate US+Singapore type that will do. No of sockets 6.

I agree with the suggestion on the finish. It would be an added bonus if you can make the casing look decent.

hi ranjee

i am in the process of sourcing some german copper based sockets that will accommodate most plugs
and still provide a tight fit on all plugs especially the flat pins and Euro pins

i will know pricing in a weeks time
sir

Please note : the price will be a NOT be in line with a multi utility extension box that one can indigeniously DIY or build here using modular switch sockets from crabtree etc

the main reason is the pricing of the sockets that i will be using which are not really inexpensive + the presence of a surge protector and EMI RFI filter + the Lapp cabling

P.S My extension box will not come with a Mains cable
it will come only with an IEC to which you connect your mains cable

the reason is that i do not know what differnt customers have in their wallwarts
6A sockets
16amp sockets
Euros
US
???

However i can provide the LAPP cable with an IEC at one end if one wishes
The customer can terminate the other end according to his master plug socket
Which i strongly advice is at least rated 16A if not 30

Please note : the price will be a NOT be in line with a multi utility extension box that one can indigeniously DIY or build here using modular switch sockets from crabtree etc

the main reason is the pricing of the sockets that i will be using which are not really inexpensive + the presence of a surge protector and EMI RFI filter + the Lapp cabling

Pretty logical, high quality components would come for a price. This wouldn't be a big worry I guess.

P.S My extension box will not come with a Mains cable
it will come only with an IEC to which you connect your mains cable

the reason is that i do not know what differnt customers have in their wallwarts

May be you need to work out the pricing in a modular fashion. Such as a base board with 4 outlets Rs xxxx. Add Rs xxx for each additional outlet. Power lead extra on a per foot basis, and so on.

The reason behind my suggestion is that many FMs would want this, but each will have a slightly different requirement. So pricing it in this way will make it an easier decision for everyone.

Personally I would want to eliminate the IEC connector in your distribution box, connecting it directly to the point right after the MCB near the meter. That way I avoid one joint, one possible point of loss. However, that depends on the cost of wires you are getting.

Pretty logical, high quality components would come for a price. This wouldn't be a big worry I guess.

thank you
i wish everyone thought like this

May be you need to work out the pricing in a modular fashion. Such as a base board with 4 outlets Rs xxxx. Add Rs xxx for each additional outlet. Power lead extra on a per foot basis, and so on.

The reason behind my suggestion is that many FMs would want this, but each will have a slightly different requirement. So pricing it in this way will make it an easier decision for everyone.

unfortunately i cant do this
to reduce costs i have to standardize one casing
so i have decided on a 6 socket casing with the surge protector and RFI emi filter

Personally I would want to eliminate the IEC connector in your distribution box, connecting it directly to the point right after the MCB near the meter. That way I avoid one joint, one possible point of loss. However, that depends on the cost of wires you are getting.

i would love to do this as well

unfortunately different guys will want different lengths and terminations at the the other end ( indian 6A or 16amp or 30 Amp )
that means i have to wait for an order
then terminate
i can keep anything in ready stock

Also some guys may want to use their existing DIY cables or may find my LAPP cable mains lead expensive

Anyway
im quite close to the final product now
i hope to release next week

thank you all for your support and for your help

Last edited:
i would love to do this as well

unfortunately different guys will want different lengths and terminations at the the other end ( indian 6A or 16amp or 30 Amp )
that means i have to wait for an order
then terminate
i can keep anything in ready stock

Also some guys may want to use their existing DIY cables or may find my LAPP cable mains lead expensive

Anyway
im quite close to the final product now
i hope to release next week

thank you all for your support and for your help

Keep us posted.

I am okay with separate power lead option as well. Had a word with a Finolex dealer. Looks like a thin gauge Finolex can serve well as a interim solution from meter to this distribution box.

One question. Will having EMI/RFI rejection filter in this box hurt in case the line is already coming from a EMI/RFI rejection filter equipped servo stabilizer or isolation transformer? Are there any known side-effects of these filters such as do they induce some distortion etc?

This should be a good option. Zephyr is bigger than my bookshelves.

shivam-albums-system-picture568-audire-zephyr-power-conditioner-ap-bookshelf-speaker-speaker-stand-magma.jpg

Hello Shivam,

AFAIK the Zephyr you have is a balanced power conditioner. It splits the current in two halves. Both live & neutral output current with floating earth.

Regards

Vasu

Hello Shivam,

AFAIK the Zephyr you have is a balanced power conditioner. It splits the current in two halves. Both live & neutral output current with floating earth.

Regards

Vasu

I have no idea how it works though I do recollect some words to this effect that had crossed me when I was finalizing my order. I was recently told by a forum member that Audire no longer makes it.
I am also eager to see what magma comes up with.

Keep us posted.

I am okay with separate power lead option as well. Had a word with a Finolex dealer. Looks like a thin gauge Finolex can serve well as a interim solution from meter to this distribution box.

One question. Will having EMI/RFI rejection filter in this box hurt in case the line is already coming from a EMI/RFI rejection filter equipped servo stabilizer or isolation transformer? Are there any known side-effects of these filters such as do they induce some distortion etc?

I second ranjeet regarding the existing line filters?

Any inputs.

if you already have an existing filter its no point having another one is it

why to let current pass yet another joinery

About the power lead from the Box
with the box a Budget cable will be launched

The barracuda cable uses a double shielded (copper) Lapp ( germany ) with cryo'ed gold contacts

I will see if i can get hold of a cheaper alternative
from Lapp and probably water down the connectors

the Boxs are ready
they will be posted on tuesday

The box module will have Copper contacts ( as opposed to steel, brass and other alloys )
I think its one of the only modules that supports an american 3 pin as well as a 2 pin shuko in a tight fit together with the UK, and Indian option

its the only one i have seen that allows the flat fins in such tight contact

they will probably be an option of white and graphite grey
Modules

Many thanks to all memebers from their inputs

P.S
ranjeee

did you say from meter to BOX

that means you are planning new cabling
will you be doing civil work as well in your house too then ?

please use at least a 16Amp plug point for the box in that case
If you can get your hands on L&T that would be brilliant
otherwise ABB would be a close second

then would be crabtree and northwest

However if you are really gonna to civil work nothing better than this
from Bahl
http://www.internationalconfig.com/icc6.asp?item=70310

The Baracuda Family
Launched at last

Barracuda Distribution Box
Sockets
US 3 pin (Pure copper ) - sourced from SINE 15A - very close to Oyaide
Euro Schuko - mennekens Germany 16A
US EURO UK Indian SIngapore (inpendant tight fit for each unlike any modular sockets availble )

Specs :
Lapp cable fully point to point wiring using 3mm sqaure OFC
20A surge protection unit or 30 A surge protection
EMI RFI filter
Elcom/Neutrik ( SWISS) power con IEC
pure copper lugs from Mennekans ( Germany)
6 Sockets - german - Copper based 16Amp rated - the only copper based internatinal socket
Custom Made acoustically neutral Pine case with internal damping and melamine polish

Above custom ordered Boxs have spikes
However the commercial version will have a flat elastomer base
The 6 socket Box is the one planned for commercial production

Cables
1. The Barracuda MK2 cable
The no compromise cable with the oyaide equivalent gold plated plug and IEC termination

2. The Pelican Lite Cable
This is another cable whose base cable is from Lapp Germany ( however different from the Barracuda)
connectors are 3 pin Indian ( brass Pic) and Brass IEC socket

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back