Power Conditioner for HT

sunith

All:

I am in the final stages of my HT setup, and need to look at power conditioning options.. I might look at a separate MCB, and an inverter to cover power cuts.
Anything else which I should be looking at ?

Why do you need a power conditionaer ? If the answer isnt "theres a lot of lightning in my area or power outs " you dont need one. It makes zero difference to the sound,.

It would be a waste of money.

surge protection is best (Type 2 SPD) at the circuit board level along with plugin Type 3 SPD for each critical equipment

Have a separate online UPS for your projector and a stabilizer for your subwoofer (check the current rating)

Since HT receiver have transformer inside you don't need power conditioner.

Regarding inverter, word of caution many cheap inverters are square wave type have lots of bad harmonics also they don't have voltage regulation.

Buy a good quality voltage stabilizer (ideally servo type with RF/EMI filters). For the projector if you are passing it through the stab, then use a regular UPS, if you are passing it direct, then use a online UPS.

I bought a Vertex Stabilizer for the same. Planning a regular UPS for the projector.

I use Power conditioner from Mr.Murthy. Did make good difference to sound to my devialet 120 amp. His charges are nominal and great quality, it weight more then 30 kgs, it took me big effort to carry it to 2nd floor where I live.

Also power cables from his Awesome. when I was in USA, did try PS Audio P5 it did not make any difference, probity because power there was much clean compared to bangalore. Mr. Murthy 's charge hardly 5% of what PS Audio would cost me here, with Awesome result

Yes, he is more of audio passionate (audiophile), his main business is hardware. He sell cables, speaker stand, conditioner with on profit. I feel every audiophile bangalore need to visit his shop and speak to him, he has tons of inputs on everything related to audio.

Search for "Murthy" on the forum for his contact details and lots of information on him. He has been mentioned often here.

Mr Murthy : 9972268301

Normally he does not carry his cell phone, it will be left behind in his shop when he not around.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back