Power conditioner vs servo stabilizer

Saroj

Anyone can explain what is the difference between a conditioner and a stabilizer?

I stay in Hyderabad. We do have fluctuations here sometimes.

What is more reliable a stabilizer or conditioner to protect the equipment? Pls suggest. I am planning to buy a new reciever and might reduce my reciever budget (marantz 5014 to yamaha 685 or marantz 5014 from grey market) to add the stabilizer or conditioner.

Please suggest.

Anyone can explain what is the difference between a conditioner and a stabilizer?

What is more reliable a stabilizer or conditioner to protect the equipment? Pls suggest. I am planning to buy a new reciever and might reduce my reciever budget (marantz 5014 to yamaha 685 or marantz 5014 from grey market) to add the stabilizer or conditioner.

Please suggest.
For fluctuations you need a voltage Stabilizer. Go for a 2 or 3kv vertex

Vertex is the best and offers the best in terms of VFM and a lot of rear connections for the devices.
Only short coming is that their products/service is available only in certain regions of India which you may need to check with them.

I like the bits of information in his videos. But most of the time, it’s a subtle ad of one of PS audio products. ;) this is one of the nicest new age marketing in high end audio.

Very true indeed.

But due to the lacking Indian power industry standards, it's kinda hard to surely say what kind of unit suits our needs better..

Please suggest.

IMO power conditioners don't really do much for us, unless in like high-end setups where you need that last bit of performance out of the gear. I'm running a Marantz 6013, an svs pb-3000, my main workstation, and the rest of the HT setup off of a Vertex Servo. It costs about 15k for a 3kva model and is well worth it.

It properly shut itself off a couple of times last month during active listening when there were surges and very HEAVY drops (like 110v WTH) while some ceiling fans and water heaters gave out at the same time.

Very true indeed.

But due to the lacking Indian power industry standards, it's kinda hard to surely say what kind of unit suits our needs better..

IMO power conditioners don't really do much for us, unless in like high-end setups where you need that last bit of performance out of the gear. I'm running a Marantz 6013, an svs pb-3000, my main workstation, and the rest of the HT setup off of a Vertex Servo. It costs about 15k for a 3kva model and is well worth it.

It properly shut itself off a couple of times last month during active listening when there were surges and very HEAVY drops (like 110v WTH) while some ceiling fans and water heaters gave out at the same time.
Thanks I will buy this.

I'm also into this confusion of either a servo stabilizer or a power conditioner.
My problem is, am moving to a society where they keep switching between grid power and diesel generators. There are around 1000 apartments and am not sure how the diesel generator will handle when there is a huge load especially during summer.

So am worried about my equipment. As of now, I'm leaning towards power conditioner.

Presently the TV and AVR are behind an APC UPS which am pretty sure will only switch to battery when there is a voltage drop or fluctuations, but not sure how it would handle the diesel generator output. Also, the subs need protection too and as of now, they are connected via surge protection outlet from the UPS.

Vertex site has a model named "Constant Voltage Transformer". Any idea about this? Are they better suited for Audio equipments than Servo stabilizer?

I'm also into this confusion of either a servo stabilizer or a power conditioner.
My problem is, am moving to a society where they keep switching between grid power and diesel generators. There are around 1000 apartments and am not sure how the diesel generator will handle when there is a huge load especially during summer.

So am worried about my equipment. As of now, I'm leaning towards power conditioner.

Presently the TV and AVR are behind an APC UPS which am pretty sure will only switch to battery when there is a voltage drop or fluctuations, but not sure how it would handle the diesel generator output. Also, the subs need protection too and as of now, they are connected via surge protection outlet from the UPS.

I face a similar challenge , there is a constant switch between the main power and backup every time light comes and goes. I decided to splurge on an Online UPS mainly to protect against the switching on/off and also provides the necessary protection.

I reached out to SVS and what they have suggested is that UPS is not required, but a Power Conditioner is fine.
Also, I use an APC Back-UPS pro for TV and AVR. They suggested that a simple surge protector outlet from the UPS is fine too.

Can u connect step down transformer(connected to avr) to a vertex stabiliser ?
Does a 3kva servo stabiliser need a 15amp socket if all ur ht Stuff is connected to it?
Can u connect online UPS ( connected to PJ) to a servo stabiliser?
Are all above configurations recommended by avr / pj manufacturers?

What isemi RFI filter? I bought a vertex stabilizer but not sure what this filter is.
it removes noise in powerline caused by electro magnetic interface and radio frequencies.
vertex will add emi rfi filter at additional cost for audio applications.

Does a 3kva servo stabiliser need a 15amp socket if all ur ht Stuff is connected to it?
Hello Experts here .. can you help answer these queries?

Sounds like you need an Online UPS.

If you have an Online UPS, you don't need an stabilizer. The Online UPS will provide you the cleanest power supply irrespective of the input Mains.

Can u connect step down transformer(connected to avr) to a vertex stabiliser ? -YES (I am currently using)
Does a 3kva servo stabiliser need a 15amp socket if all ur ht Stuff is connected to it? -YES
Can u connect online UPS ( connected to PJ) to a servo stabiliser? -YES as long as UPS wattage is less than SERVO(for safe operation), eg: 500watt UPS can be connected to 1000watt
Are all above configurations recommended by avr / pj manufacturers? -as far as I know, NONE is recommended by commercial brands, IN FACT, they quote any of the above will VOID warranty, if ANY.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back