Power Cords - Source Components - Do they make a differance ??

I repeat, *both* those who believe the importance of power cables and those who do not, are correct as there is no specific research that has pointed out evidence in support or contrary to this specific point under discussion.

No offense meant to anyone :)

Audio being so subjective,emotional, personal, any research is not fully scientific and objective in nature.
That said, yes i became a convert to believing in power cords after a particular transparent audio power cable to my amplifier totally transformed my headphone rig to the better. Only now have i started to explore potential power cables for my source as well.It really puzzles me that when i switch taht same power cable to my source the dynamics are absolutely killed. The amplifier performs better with a upgraded cable while the source performs better (thus far) with the standard IEC cable. Verified this with another PS audio cable as well. Trying to find a cable upgarde to my source that will add to the system's potential.
Fun stuff.

Last edited:
Respectfully disagree with this...different types of power cords have different sounds as you are changing many attributes such as capacitance, impedance, dielectric strength, shielding etc.

I can make day and night differences with simple power cord changes in my system...

Sir,

It is not their fault;
They have not been exposed.
Therefore they say what they say.

We need to show them / rather get them to 'experiance' it.
Maybe then they shall start to believe....

Shanti, have you auditioned Jochen's power cord?
If yes, comments plz.
(Looking for a reasonably priced power cord for my CDP to startwith, hence the query)
Regards,
Kamal

If yes, comments plz.
(Looking for a reasonably priced power cord for my CDP to startwith, hence the query)
Regards,
Kamal

I am eagerly waiting for my cousin to ship the Jochen power cords over..can't wait to try them. I have one of the thicker gauge for the power amp and another with a smaller gauge for the DAC. I am really hoping one of these will work for the DAC.

If yes, comments plz.
Regards,
Kamal

Hello Kamal !

Sir,

I have not had the chance.
Jochen never sent it to me.

However lots of Bangalore Chapter members 'swear' by it.
abhi.pani et all.
I am sure it must be a good power cord. To them it beat a silencable - wizzard power cord & that too is a 1000 Euro power cord.
So, I am very confident the Power Cord from Germany - Einstein Audio - must be good !! No harm in giving it a 'try' !!
Go for it !!

At 7AWG and 450 individual conductors, this sure live up to the name atleast! The elder brother, although the naming convention is slightly off the mark, looks even monstrous at 5AWG and 600 individual conductors. This could probably even pull down the equipment by accident!

anaconda.jpg

i thought anaconda was a trade name owned by soundsgreat?

and, though the cable is named anaconda, there is a picture of a hooded cobra on the plug.

I repeat, *both* those who believe the importance of power cables and those who do not, are correct as there is no specific research that has pointed out evidence in support or contrary to this specific point under discussion.

No offense meant to anyone :)

No offense taken. Yet, I still disagree that both of these view points are correct. One is VERY much incorrect. Really, it is not a matter of belief but of fact clearly and audibly demonstrated by a cord change. ;)

However, please don't feel that I am trying to single you out on this. I just wanted to mention fact...and not a belief :)

I will gladly retract my opinion if needed :eek:
Not very fond of debating until absolutely necessary.

Have a nice one!

I think I know you. I recognise the tone, condescending and arrogant as usual.
I'm deleting the text of all my posts in this thread and asking a mod to remove them.

Cranky, don't worry about it dost. It's all a healthy discussion and NOT about my thoughts are better than yours etc. Just let the discussions and posts be. A person who reads them will ONLY have something to gain AND think about.

It's good to have opinions and thoughts....gives EVERYONE a little food for thought....the reason we join these forums.

I'm deleting the text of all my posts in this thread and asking a mod to remove them.

I am sorry, but I do not 'recognise' you !

Sir,
You are free to write or edit any of your posts;
Who am I or anyone [for that matter] to say otherwise...

Besides, if you or any other person 'listens' and there is a 'differance' - good - if there is 'no differance' - still good.
But, one can only say that a 1st class fligt is not comfortable after one has flown in it.
If we are to travel in 'cattle class' how can we say that a 1st class is not good ?
:clapping:

I just say - get 'exposed' & then write about it. There are people that will 'respect' an opinion that is 'substantiated' !! Audition / Test [listen] & then say if you like or dislike a product or a sound philosophy !!
just my 2 cents worh...
:licklips:

Aw, come on cranky. Nothing condescending there. Shanti's just stating an opinion. This was a lovely discussion going on. Especially yours, shaizada's and shanti's POVs. Why let egos come in the way?

If you used a bathroom scale to weigh a feather, you would conclude that the feather has Zero Weight.

To distinguish subtle differences, the measuring equipment must be capable of resolving the subtle differences.

In this case, the Equipment is a combination of the System ( Electronics + room + Content / Music) + The Listener !

If you used a bathroom scale to weigh a feather, you would conclude that the feather has Zero Weight.
:clapping:
To distinguish subtle differences, the measuring equipment must be capable of resolving the subtle differences.

In this case, the Equipment is a combination of the System ( Electronics + room + Content / Music) + The Listener :eek:hyeah:!

Sir,

Very Well said !

The example too was pertainant.

I concur 100 %

:)

This was a lovely discussion going on. Especially yours, shaizada's and shanti's POVs. Why let egos come in the way?

Exactly my point.
I do not even know this person...
Nor am I intending to 'insult' any person in any way.

I have just expressed my view.
I have used different power cords & currently 13 of them are in use & I DO HEAR a differance. So I am stating it on a forum.
I have no problem with any forum member :sad: & I do not get any pleasure in saying things that some person may not like to read.... :)

In this case, the Equipment is a combination of the System ( Electronics + room + Content / Music) + The Listener !
Wah,Wah !!!
Well said, IE.
Kamal

well, then, do power cords make a "night and day" difference as shaizada says, or do they make "featherlite" miniscule differences as indian ears says?

in other words, do we need bathroom scales or do we need nano-particle-weighing scales?:lol:

here are some others who have put in some effort -

Secrets Feature Article

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back