PQ of media player Vs PQ of DVD player w.r.t. DivX

shredder

Hi all

I have a Pioneer 220 (HDMI) DVD player. Recently I am considering going in for a media player. Most of the movies I watch are going to be in normal DivX format which any DVD player with USB port can play. My question is regarding whether the media player (being more expensive with better technology) will give me a better Picture Quality than the DVD player I am now using.
Also, do media players have an inbuilt option to adjust PQ like brightness, contrast, etc....
Thanks in advance.

Hi all

I have a Pioneer 220 (HDMI) DVD player. Recently I am considering going in for a media player. Most of the movies I watch are going to be in normal DivX format which any DVD player with USB port can play. My question is regarding whether the media player (being more expensive with better technology) will give me a better Picture Quality than the DVD player I am now using.
Also, do media players have an inbuilt option to adjust PQ like brightness, contrast, etc....
Thanks in advance.

PQ settings are related to TV so I dont think mediaplayers will have control on them. Lot of the media players support diff formats of audio and video so the quality will be same as the source downloaded. I dont think they will improve them further.. I am using a POHD for almost a year now and absolutely worth it.... Watched tons of movies without spending toomuch money in multiplexes :p .

PQ settings are related to TV so I dont think mediaplayers will have control on them. Lot of the media players support diff formats of audio and video so the quality will be same as the source downloaded. I dont think they will improve them further.. I am using a POHD for almost a year now and absolutely worth it.... Watched tons of movies without spending toomuch money in multiplexes :p .

Can they upscale? eg: from 480p to 1080p like upscaling DVD players do?
Also does your POHD have internal control settings to adjust picture brightness, contrast, etc?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back