Pre order new LP records for manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Srinivasan

Pl request Rajesh if he could provide a list of the original analogue masters that Saregama still has in good condition. That will help us as a starting point to shortlist the titles we need

Once he provides us with a list, will reconfirm with Saregama about their availability.

Last edited:
I volunteer. But I don't know what my role would be. I can be obedient worker if given instructions. And I can guide for jacket printing. Do we have the numbers to carry this forward ?

My whole intention is after doing this and developing sufficient market; in future I want to hear very high resolution recordings pressed very well in vinyl format. So bringing out first kickstarter vinyl is just an effort in that direction. If we can do it I will be very happy. Even more than music companies. :lol:

Old Master Tapes : While this is good news in fact very very good news quality needs to be checked. Also where would the vinyl be pressed. If any one has bought recent digital releases they can advice which co. SaReGaMa, Tips, T Series, Venus etc. has brought out good quality pressings. Also lets wait for information about titles on Master Tapes.

45RPM : While I agree with 180 gm vinyl and 45 rpm have advantage of less innergroove distortion and high frequency fidelity. If it is not possible On 33.3 rpm we can shift some tracks to inner side depending on song content.

Cheap two Movies on one LP : Intention of two movies is not to save cost and compromise on quality. We are very small community. So far I see only 20 to 30 buyers. We need 300. We need buyers who will buy outside the forum. Hit songs in one vinyl makes the vinyl a good buy (without compromising quality). We all have our favourit. I am OK with ANY title ANY songs. My suggestion was only to make the product popular amongst the masses. This makes companies realize there is market for this medium. And may bring out audiophile quality title. Everything depends on Money. I doubt if initially companies will bring out comparatively expensive product with limited buyers. If within reach of my investment capabilities I am also OK with if small bunch of enthusiasts come together and privately bring a title.

As for this thread related title I would suggest target of Rs. 800/1000 M.R.P. (all included). And you all decide on titles and other things. I am OK with it.

Regards.

Last edited:
Great Hiten.

Lets shortlist a few titles which Srinivasan can check with Rajesh.

1 Kashmir Ki Kali
2 Mere Samam
3 Evening in Paris
4 Mirza Ghalib Jagjit
5 Sajda Jagjit Lata
6 Dil Padosi Hai Asha
7 Ijazat
8 Ravi Shankar 3 Ragas and any other early albums of 60s
9 Shivkumar Sharma 60s and early 70s titles

Let's maybe send this list to Rajesh and he can get back as to which albums have original analigue masters in good condition. Sajda would be a digital recording. Not sure about Mirza Ghalib

I have stuck to popular titles only. In classical I have only stuck to instrumental since it has a much larger marker via a vis vocal. In ghazals have only taken Jagjit since he is the biggest seller.

I spoke to a few dealers. Here are the ones that are likely to sell 300 numbers

Hare Rama Hare Krishna
Bobby mono lp
Best of Sajda Jagjit Lata
Aashiqui 2
Best of Ilayraja
Best of Arijit

Classical will not sell 300 copies according to the dealers I spoke to. Also rare titles like Ijazat and Dil Padosi Hai will not sell. These kind of titles are more collector items

For collector items maybe we could look at a higher price. Also for classical?

Naturelover, that's a good idea. Maybe we press 100 copies at 2000 a copy.

Have created this Google Doc

Please go ahead and edit - there are 2 options

1. for the above titles please put in your HIFIv Handle. Email (optional) and the number of copies of the above title
2. IF there is any other title of interested please put in the last column. we can evaluate critical mass later. eg if we get only potentially 100 titles then price will be 3X here

LINK
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NZ9TahTjeCxoiqsFHh7PkTLbF_NPC_o-mRgsLGprDUE/edit?usp=sharing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PM me if this is not working..trying for the first time

Any idea how satyam audio brought the hits of yesudas Malayalam LP from digital/analog?

I was out for a vacation and missed the conversation, hence the late entry. I have filled the google docs. Yaadon Ki Baarat (Mono) LP and Aap Ki Kasam (Mono) LP, Namak Haram (Mono) may add value.

There are a few record sellers in Kolkata who may bring some business interest in this initiative. I can push this to them.

Request your counsel.

Thanks,
Sourav

Even I am just back from my Karnataka holidays. Willing to participate. Let me know if any help needed.
Regards,
shafic

Last edited:
Great Shafic. Pl put in your requirements in the google spreadsheet posted by Arj

Navinsinha, Hiten, would any of you guys like to join Srinivasan, Arjun and me in forming a smaller group to look into all modalities including title selection

Prem,
I am mostly out of town, I may not be able to devote much time for this work. But I can underwrite 25 LPs.

No sweat Navinainha. Pl fill in your requirements in the google sheet:)

Triple ace, you can put in your name in the list and add Jo Jeeta in the last column and leave all other columns blank in case you don't want any of the lps mentioned in that sheet

Thanks Srinivasn, Arjun and Prem for initiating this. What is the price range we are talking about ? Shouldn't we wait for Master Tape List that SaReGaMa people will soon provide ? I presume we will be going for title which gets maximum response right ? So when that is finalized we again have to take in members who had not voted for that title (if they are interested). As of now I will vote for Bobby Mono LP. Not that I like the songs but just to participate. You can move my selection to your favourite title. But please do tell price range. Lets move this forward to good outcome. :)

Aashiqui 1 has very good songs but record sound quality is worst. See if it can be remastered. Since Aashiqui 2 is a hit we can get more people to buy.
Regards

Hiten, price will be between 740 to 800 inclusive of taxes. Delivery cost will be extra

The list has been put up basis feedback of a couple of dealers. More importantly it will give us an idea of what response we are likely to get on the forum. So basis that we will know whether to proceed or drop the project. We will give a 2 week window for requirements to come in

Last edited:
Thats great !!! Thanks Prem. Thanks everyone for the effort.
Everyone please do join in as this is our hobby related. Spread the word around. Don't hesitate even if title is not to your liking. This is stepping stone to next level.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back