Pre order new LP records for manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Srinivasan, Aashiqui 2 is from T Series. Sony will not be able to press that. In case that title is selected, I will speak to T Series and get it done. On the other 5 titles pl send list to Sony and check with them if original analogue masters are there for Hare Rama, Bobby mono and Best of Ilairaja

Mahiruha, I like your suggestion of Namak Haram and Manzil on one lp. You can add Parichay and Khushboo too on one lp.

Hi Prem,
those two movies has very good songs but LP never released. Have tried many copies of the EP but it is very difficult almost impossible to get a mint EP since never had inner sleeve. Khusboo and Parichay is another great choice to have in a LP.
Thanks.

I missed adding Ilayaraja's Thalapathi in google DOCs. I think that there was no LP released, but, it is definitely a colossal work of IR in 90s. Although, it is in Tamil, the album might appeal to everyone considering the quality of the music and variety. It would be a great addition to have; but the audio rights are owned by Lahiri music per wikipedia. Not sure if we would manage to get that.

Just added my entry too...

As mentioned umpteen times in the thread...great initiative.

Could the first post be edited to include the spreadsheet link?

Have created this Google Doc

Please go ahead and edit - there are 2 options

1. for the above titles please put in your HIFIv Handle. Email (optional) and the number of copies of the above title
2. IF there is any other title of interested please put in the last column. we can evaluate critical mass later. eg if we get only potentially 100 titles then price will be 3X here

LINK
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NZ9TahTjeCxoiqsFHh7PkTLbF_NPC_o-mRgsLGprDUE/edit?usp=sharing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PM me if this is not working..trying for the first time

Reposting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see a lot of requests for mono LPs for old Hindi movies. Even I promised to buy some, for the sake of curiosity. I already have the originals for almost all of them. I am just wondering why people believe that the new pressings would be better than the original. The only reason I could think of would be that hopefully we may use 100% virgin vinyl this time, while most of the originals had about 50% recycled vinyl powder. Any insights from the experts?

The mono lps I think are for ones which were electronically processed stereo. Bobby was released only in EPS. For mono one has to buy eps where songs get edited.

The mono lps I think are for ones which were electronically processed stereo. Bobby was released only in EPS. For mono one has to buy eps where songs get edited.

Thanks that explains the stereo/mono aspect.

It may be better to buy the original 45RPM pressings of Ghar, Masoom, Hum Dono, etc. Even the recent Maachis release was pretty good.

Yes. It always makes sense to buy the first presses. The vinyls would have been pressed from pristine masters. Also the music composer would be involved in approval of the lacquer cut from the master. So you will hear it the way the composer intended it to. Which is why original first presses are normally expensive. Especially titles on the Angel label

Hello Guys / Gentleman,

I just joined the platform. I am all go for older labels by HMV / EMI / Odeon / Angel.. by whatever name they are called. This is not correct that HMV's numbers that they released few years ago are not selling and only 100 pcs per title are sold. I am trying to source them but not getting a single copy. So with due regards to all members, the fact is that 300 LP's per title as offered by Sony DADC are a great idea and the MRP idea is approx INR 1,299 per title and the cost to the orderer will be approx 65% of 1,299 - say INR 850. So 1 record deal may cost INR 850 by 300 = INR 255,000. Pre orders can be taken from members and accordingly money pooled.

If such a team is formed, I would like to be an active member and will contribute money as well to be a part of 300 LP's order.

Sanjeev Aggarwal. New Delhi.

Hi Sanjeev44, welcome to the forum. Pl fill in your requirements in the google spread sheet in Post No 108 or 130

Based on the reply mail from Mr.Rajesh of Sony i feel they want the numbers to be fulfilled and are ready to release any title in pure analogue format without digital remastering from available Masters at DUM DUM. I shall request with him if i could share his mail and contact numbers to our forum members and also get information on available masters for vinyl press.

Regards
Srinivasan.M

Welcome sanjeev44. Great thought and would be great to get some ideas on how to achieve critical mass. The idea behind putting the excel was to get an indication of the HFV demand

I have just updated the excel and put the totals of these titles in Row 2. The nos run to between 16 ( for best of Rehman )To 26 for Ashiqui2. Hence just from the past few days this is simply not enough as going by the above calculation given , at 26 nos this gives us 9K per head. Even if we look at a say Rs 1500 as affordability, we get a min number of 170 to reach within ourselves which does not appear probable

Hence the option would be to see what can be done to reach a max of 300. ( or in multiples of 300..am being very optimistic here !!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back