Pre order new LP records for manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmscbe1974

Hi

I happened to mail to SAREGAMA for pre-order or minimum purchase guarantee order for vinyl records.

Mr.Gautam Sarkar of SAREGAMA has reverted to a minimum order of 500 LP per title for new pressing/manufacture. He also said he will connect me to Jojie Mamen of SONY DADC their distribution associate for further details.

Would this be an option for us to get back titles from the 78 rpm era / vinyl and is this also a wise move to bring back vinyl to our listening rooms.

If this happens on positive note i invite members of this forum to participate and help in bringing vinyl resurgence. The titles i requested would be of our choice.
Regards Srinivasan

All that would be after SONY DADC reverts. This is just in the neo stages. If their response is positive I would keep every one updated. Myself still not aware of the details.
Regards
Srinivasan

We should get details such as cost, and source from where the recordings will be done.

Hi

I happened to mail to SAREGAMA for pre-order or minimum purchase guarantee order for vinyl records.

Mr.Gautam Sarkar of SAREGAMA has reverted to a minimum order of 500 LP per title for new pressing/manufacture. He also said he will connect me to Jojie Mamen of SONY DADC their distribution associate for further details.

Would this be an option for us to get back titles from the 78 rpm era / vinyl and is this also a wise move to bring back vinyl to our listening rooms.

If this happens on positive note i invite members of this forum to participate and help in bringing vinyl resurgence. The titles i requested would be of our choice.
Regards Srinivasan

Great initiative and Kudos on initiating this :clapping:
Would you be able to find out what is the master thy will use for this ? if they use their current digital recordings , it will be no better than their flac downloads..

Nice initiative

As far as possible stick to newer titles. At least you will be assured of a decent master. Old titles are a waste of time. Saregama do not have masters of those.

Look at titles like Dil Padosi Hai, Mirza Ghalib, Sajida, Saathiya, Kaho Na Pyaar Hai, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Hits from Mahesh Bhatt films like Murder, Gangster, Jism etc,

From Sony, you can look at Barfi, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Saawariya, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna

Most of the 70s titles that were released by Saregama on vinyl about 3 years back hardly sold more that 100 copies. So 300 copies of an older title is kind of impossible to sell. Only the newer titles have a possibility of selling 300 copies. Would expect pricing to be around 600

Last edited:
Good initiative Srinivasan.

Definitely I will buy few if it done from Master Tapes. Personally I would like to see some compilation LP's of Illayaraja from those films released in 1970's which music earlier released in EP's.

Selvin, you have to restrict yourself to only titles from Saregama or at most from Sony. I am assuming Sony too would be ok to a minimum press of 300

if it is possible, would want t try if we can get Ijaazat made from the master tape. Not available on LP and even if so its 2K plus

Even if each of us orders 2 copies each its still worth it.

Hi,

The Initiative is great and can work if we can finalise atleast 10-20 titles so that company believes us and in future can start pressing of records

I would be interested in
Ghazal records of Jagjit and Chitra Singh
Bhajan albums of Jagjit singh
movies from Eighties , nineties and from 2000
I dont know how do we start but if Saregama with their experience or Sony with their's can suggest a few album names we can vote and we can buy the same and they can release the same commercially also

I hope we can even discuss with Tseries as they have some of the blockbuster albums in recent years including Aashiqui 2

Count me in, I had not have a record player. But will be buying one, if I can get good LP records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back