pre-owned vinyl available in Bangalore

I'm not entirely sure. I'll check on it today and shall let you know by EoD.

PS: Balaji has sorted out the LPs from his new stock and has arranged them for our convenience. man, i think i should move into a bigger house to be able to accommodate all the stuff that i'm buying these days...

man, i think i should move into a bigger house to be able to accommodate all the stuff that i'm buying these days...

Tell me about it :p
My wife is not very pleased when I add more LPs to my collection.. she think that I should do something for their storage first.. I have around 2k LPs, 200 EPs... 500 78 rpms, 4 TTs, and 4 gramophones :D.. and my stuff is scattered all over the house...
Ah forgot to mention.. plus Poly covers for LPS/slip covers.. and hell lotta wires and other "junk" hahahaah

Last edited:
this reminds me of the famous line from the movie Matrix - "Welcome to the real world neo..."

If possible, sometime before I leave India again, I should visit your place Arvind, and perhaps take some pointers.

This weekend, I'll definitely pick up some of the covers you were mentioning about. The onces that I have are too old and dusty, wouldn't want to damage the discs.

YOU GOT GRAMOPHONES TOO????:eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool:

Nice job mate...As soon as I move in to another place, I know I'm going to keep a room dedicated for music for sure...that will hoard all our stuff!

This weekend, I'll definitely pick up some of the covers you were mentioning about. The onces that I have are too old and dusty, wouldn't want to damage the discs.

as I mentioned earlier, I can fetch the covers for you.
And to collect them from me, you have to work on the logistics :).
I work very near to Safina Plaza.. and if vinyl collectors' meet happens on sat, as u have mentioned in your other thread, I will bring em along.

Done deal mate. If you could please pick it up, I'll collect them from you on Saturday. I guess 1 kg would be good enough for me at the moment.

Thanks a bunch for offering to help, really appreciate it.

Balaji got 1000 more LPs... so the total number of LPs now is 6k+
and I was lucky to find Queen this time:D:D

hey all,
visited Balaji's today. picked up some Neil Diamond, Grand Funk Railroad, Status Quo, Men At Work and Jackson Browne. 6 in all. not much of rock in the new stash.

cheers,
Rahul

anyone interested in Santana LPs?? Balaji got 2 of em in very good condition.. Abraxas and Santana self titled one. he is asking 500/- each... I already have both the albums, hence the opportunity for others :)

oh! a new lot of around 300 hindi Lps also with him...

Last edited:
Thanks buddy.

Anyone know the best and most reliable vinyl sources in Mumbai?

I know generally, like near VT stn or Chor Bazaar but any information that's more specific will be appreciated. PM me if you like.

I did the same too, and got the same number.

I'll speak to them. Also, there is a British brand - Gerrard LP Player available including the pre-amp. Quoted price is about 7K. I'm also seeing if I could buy that as well. It would come handy as I was thinking of giving one to my father, he is a die hard retro fan.

thanks as always Arvind.

Hey, I spoke to Prithvi, a really nice gentleman. He informed me that they sell covers for LPs. they are anti-static ones made of rice paper - rough cost - 150/pc.

Thought i'll put it l up in the forum as we have a good growing size of vinyl lovers who care for the records... :)

Needless to add the importance of keeping vinyls in clean conditions especially in Indian conditions. There is another cheaper source of antistatic sleeves. There is a company called "Cir-Q-Tech"- office in Banashankari. They specialize in antistatic products for industry, their regular business is not to make such sleeves. I requested for some sleeves through one of my friends and they delivered good sleeves at unbelievable price
;). If we all press, they may be willing to make & sell for all of us. Try your (our ) luck

Brilliant!! Thanks for the information, belsarer.
Could you please share their address/phone with us. Also, how much they charge and do they charge sleeves in kilo or per piece. Pardon my inquisitiveness.. You can PM me if you like.
Its a good idea to pool in and order in bulk...

I know a guy who purchased a big roll of anti-static poly bags that are used in Food World and Monday to Sunday (in vegetable sections). They are also of good quality and are of perfect size. I will inquire about it as well..

Last edited:
Mr. Satish (997 2142 768), LP lover himself, has helped me get the covers from Cir-Q-Tech. He can help you all too. Do not forget to mention exact sleeve size because the paper covers of LP /EPs will be confortable with only specific size of plastic sleeve.
If you do not have paper covers of records, ask for extra size to well protect the records.

Hello vinyl Lovers,
I am Hiten I live Near Mumbai. As a record collector I surf internet for info, and thanks to hifi vision I stumbled upon this forum.
Its nice to meet you guys. for lps I search internet and I have bulk purchased from guys who advertised in rediffmail classifieds, Click india classified and quikr websites. you should try them also. I think there is a guy in Bangalore who advertises in quikr.com
Infact right now I have about 250-300 lps for sale mostly oldie stuff like James last (too many), John denvor, Elton John Bee Gees, Cat stevens, Kenny Rogers, Stevie Wonder, ventures, carpenters etc. if interested contact me on [email protected]
Please bear with me as I have never participated in discussion forum Thanks & keep in touch

For Bangalore dwellers, Blossom Book store on Church Street has a small pre-owned collection. If you are an ELVIS fan, there are plenty of records. The records are quite clean, unlike Balaji which is a bit of a mess.

Hi All,
I am from mumbai. Just for your info, I have 11,500 vinyl with me.Most of these are in 331/3 and collections include Beatles, Elvis , Hard Rock, Jazz and Western. Separately I have 3500 plus 45 rpm records, most of them Beatles singles and EPs. I have around 2000 odd 78 rmp shellac's most of them being western and Indian classical.

To be honest, I dont know why most of these pre owned dealers in Mumbai, Pune, Calcutta and Banglore insist on selling stuff to westerners. Infact I have a lot many of these dealers coming to me and offering money to buy my collection. I deny as I know that they would sell it to the guys abroad.

Some of you may recall that I have been carried in Times of India several times for the vinyl collection I have.

Guys, you are free to catch up with me when in Mumbai. My stuff is in Pune and I have just around 500 in mumbai for active listening.

Rgds
Vinyl_Man

Hi All,
...I have 11,500 vinyl with me.Most of these are in 331/3 and collections include Beatles, Elvis , Hard Rock, Jazz and Western. Separately I have 3500 plus 45 rpm records, most of them Beatles singles and EPs. I have around 2000 odd 78 rmp shellac's most of them being western and Indian classical.

Good lord! how do you manage your collection? I have around 2000 LPs + 78rpm and EPs. I am struggling to store them in my small 2 bedroom apartment.

I don??t know whether the LPs are sold to foreigners or not. However, I do know that a lot of "dealers" visit bangalore to sniff around and they buy LPs in bulk. Akbar Shah (from delhi) is one of them. Though he proclaims that he is a collector, he is a one of the biggest dealer/seller of LPs in India (and he sells his collection abroad as well).
So not all the dealers/sellers here in bangalore sell LPs directly to foreigners.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back