pre-owned vinyl available in Bangalore

Yup, I know shah...he sells only to foriegners and that too at 1000 rs per record. But I dont believe him a bit.

Great collection vinyl man. How do you manage them. how far can you listen to them. Does this mean you got no cassettes and CDs.

Yup, I know shah...he sells only to foriegners and that too at 1000 rs per record. But I dont believe him a bit.

I went to his shop and he gave me an impression that everything he has is gold. And yet I have seen him at one of the vinyl sellers in bangalore telling the seller disgustingly that "this time I have only purchased records that are not worthy..."
I couldnt help thinking that these "not so worthy" records will be sold 1K + to others...so why the grimace :)
Most of the dealers I know in Bangalore dont do any business with him anymore. they address him as "delhi thug" :D

Great collection vinyl man. How do you manage them. how far can you listen to them. Does this mean you got no cassettes and CDs.

No..I am making a Vinyl Library .. well i do have cassettes and CDs too.. I have 200+ record players

Last edited:
Anyone looking for Hindi LPs in Bangalore... visited balaji's yesterday and found that he got 200+ titles in very good condition.

I know a guy who works with you faily well...Pushkaraj. Mind if I visit sometime and check it out?

I believe he mentioned to you that I had a spare copy of the Graduate OST:)

hey all,
visited Balaji's on saturday last week. didnt pick up much coz i was in a hurry, but spotted Elvis Live and The Beatles Live albums, for Rs. 500 each, probably sold by now though.

cheers
rahul

Looks like Balaji has gone upmarket :) 500 bucks for an LP is steep. his pricing was usually below 100. I hope he has them organized now and cleaned them up a bit. cleaning up LPs from Balaji's is quite a task.
Cheers,
Amar

i guess the higher price is just for the rarer albums and more well-known artistes. he still charged me below 100 for the two Neil Diamond records that i picked up that day. and storage hasnt improved much i suppose, atleast in the last 6 months that i've been going there.

Hi all,
I'm a vinyl buff in Bombay, and am always on the look-out for jazz/rock/folk/ blues LPs. Was a bit surprised at prices at Balaji's in Bangalore. 500 bucks for non-rarities like Santana seems a bit stiff. That said, I'm still looking forward to a trip to Bangalore to check out the stash at Balaji's. Out here, the supply seems to be drying out these days, at least in Chor Bazaar and at Razak's near VT. Anyone here knows of any other sources in Bombay??
Cheers!
Eddie

in mumbai they r getting smarter by the day. i want to know what u want. i can suggest accordingly.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I do have 11700 records. I already have a Vinyl House in Pune.

Every Beatles Album and then the Fab four as individuals too.

I do have around 149 record players/ turntables.

I also learnt repairs of the same over the last few years.

;))

Hey Guys, I do have 11700 records. I already have a Vinyl House in Pune.

Every Beatles Album and then the Fab four as individuals too.

I do have around 149 record players/ turntables.

I also learnt repairs of the same over the last few years.

;))

Hi Vinyl man.
Do you sell records??? an record players. WHere in Pune? Even I am from Pune. Interestedgood old classic rock stuff.

I am now in Mumbai but i do come down on weekends. I can part with a record player if u want. Pl pm me yr name and phone no.

Vinyl man i'm looking for a good working condition pre-owned record player to just get into the analog domain. Would be really glad to meet you when you are in Bangalore next. I'd be really glad if you could audition my setup too :).

Bangalore...Man I just come to Pune on weekends. I was in Bangalore last week, but i wont come there for a long time. Tell me yr setup plz.

in mumbai they r getting smarter by the day. i want to know what u want. i can suggest accordingly.

Hi,
my want list is too numerous to list here. Mainly looking for the gaps in my classic rock collection and 50's/60s jazz on the Prestige/Riverside/Blue Note/Contemporary labels, among others. Brit-folk if I can find any. Blues albums rarely come out on to the market, in my experience.
Am fascinated by your 'Vinyl House' and your TT collection.
btw, are you the same Shahrukh whom i'd had an email exchange with a few months ago about a Thorens TD160 player?
Cheers!
Eddie

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back