pre-owned vinyl available in Bangalore

Bangalore...Man I just come to Pune on weekends. I was in Bangalore last week, but i wont come there for a long time. Tell me yr setup plz.

Ah misunderstood your post earlier. My current setup is an Usher Be-718 + matching RWS-729 stand, McCormack DNA-125 power amp, a highly modified Lyrita Audio tube preamp with vintage 1945 Sylvania 6SN7 driver tubes, Audiozone DAC-1 non oversampling DAC and a computer transport based around an EMU 1212M sound card. Cables are a mix of Usher Rapport, Audio Art, Goertz Alphacore and shall soon be getting some transparent audio music link+ cables too. Upgrade plans are a nice turntable to start off with a good tonearm and cartridge.

Cheers!

visited balaji's today afternoon... the LPs mentioned by vinyl_man are still there...

Last edited:
Hi..
No buddy I dont know who Shahrukh is ..My name is Isar. I work for Tata Aig Mumbai.
I think you should not spend too much on buying records. I have learnt the trick. I buy lots. In a 100, i do find 10 that i require. But this 100 or 1000 lot comes to me cheap.

Rgds
Isar
Call me at 9819728710

Ah misunderstood your post earlier. My current setup is an Usher Be-718 + matching RWS-729 stand, McCormack DNA-125 power amp, a highly modified Lyrita Audio tube preamp with vintage 1945 Sylvania 6SN7 driver tubes, Audiozone DAC-1 non oversampling DAC and a computer transport based around an EMU 1212M sound card. Cables are a mix of Usher Rapport, Audio Art, Goertz Alphacore and shall soon be getting some transparent audio music link+ cables too. Upgrade plans are a nice turntable to start off with a good tonearm and cartridge.

Cheers!

I procured a B&O 1700 recently. http://www.beoworld.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=24

Suresh Babu,
I will keep my eyes open for Malayalam LPs.. if available in Bangalore, I will inform you. I have seen Tamil, Kannada and Telgu LPs here.. so I think its not impossible to get em here... I am visiting Balaji's today evening and will ask him about them.
----------------------------------------------------------
A couple of days back I visited Balaji's and met father and son duo sifting LPs there.. I forgot the name of the gentleman.. he is also a member here... apologies for not remembering your name, mate.
Ah! on that particular day I manged to find Doors and Eagles.. good find...

hello all,
visited Balaji's twice in these past few days. Picked up Doors, Fleetwood Mac, Beatles and a few others. a friend of mine bought a Philips Hi-Q International tuner-amplifier from Balaji's. Arvind, heard it was yours. thanks from the friend man :D
Which album of the Eagles did u buy?

cheers
rahul

I am glad, voodoochild, that your friend picked up the tuner. I am happy that a fellow collector picked it up and will take good care of it. I wouldn't have departed from it if I were having enough space at home. It delivers very warm and rich sound. Its balance Knob is slightly tight thats the only one issue with it.. I have spare ICs (4 nos) which I will give em to you. Just make sure that the speaker cables are not "short circuited" as it will blow out the ICs.

From balaji's I picked
1) Police -- Zenyatta Mondatta
2) MJ -- Thriller (for my collection's sake as I dont listen to michael jackson)
3) Eagles Live Double LP set
4) Eagles -- The long Run
5) Doors -- The Soft Parade
6) Amjad Ali Khan
7) Pandit Jasraj
8) Bismillah Khan (2 nos.)

As my collection is expanding I am getting picky day by day:)

Last edited:
voodoochild, would you like to exchange the Doors with Eagles. .. Just wondering. I am totally into them.

Last edited:
Suresh Babu,
I will keep my eyes open for Malayalam LPs.. if available in Bangalore, I will inform you. I have seen Tamil, Kannada and Telgu LPs here.. so I think its not impossible to get em here... I am visiting Balaji's today evening and will ask him about them.
----------------------------------------------------------
A couple of days back I visited Balaji's and met father and son duo sifting LPs there.. I forgot the name of the gentleman.. he is also a member here... apologies for not remembering your name, mate.
Ah! on that particular day I manged to find Doors and Eagles.. good find...

Thanks Mr. Redlag,

I am looking forward to the response from Mr. Balaji.

Best wishes,

Suresh Babu

Aah, that explains it. There was very little stuff at Seetaphone.
In Bombay, you can get LPs at a footpath vendor near VT station on DN Road.
Delhi has a lot of collectors with some great stuff..unfortunately as a result its expensive.

Dear Mr. Abhijitnath,

Could you please let me know exactly where he is located. My office is at Ballard Estate.

Regards,
Suresh Babu
[email protected]

redlag,
yes, the Hi-Q is in excellent hands now. we've got the Balance knob lubed, and some small service, cleaning etc is going on. getting new speaker cables and radio aerial. will source good speakers too in a while, and will get in touch about the ICs too. thank you again.

from the LPs you listed, i've got numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, and lots of Bismillah Khan, Pt. Jasraj and quite a few other Hindustani classical records from my dad and grandads. i too recently picked up the Thriller album in almost mint condition just for the collection sake :D
Hope to meet you at Balaji's this coming sunday (22nd feb) afternoon.

cheers
rahul

thought i'd bump into someone from the forum this sunday at balaji's. nobody turned up. spent almost 4 hours there happily getting my hands dusty! got an old country compilation album that i used to have on cassette and didnt find on cd so finding it on lp was the highlight! anyone interested in ccr? :) there's one lurking in one of the corners utterly bad cover barely hanging on but the lp itself might be ok ;)

thought i'd bump into someone from the forum this sunday at balaji's. nobody turned up. spent almost 4 hours there happily getting my hands dusty! got an old country compilation album that i used to have on cassette and didnt find on cd so finding it on lp was the highlight! anyone interested in ccr? :) there's one lurking in one of the corners utterly bad cover barely hanging on but the lp itself might be ok ;)

I was planning to visit balaji yesterday.. however I spend my afternoon in a long queue to get my voter's id card (in vain though). Hence I visited him this afternoon and purchased some Elvis and Beatles LPs.
Perhaps I will meet someone next sat or sunday...

the elvis's he had were in pretty good shape! even the covers. price a little prohibitive for someone who's not a complete elvis fan hence didnt pick any up. also had a few elvis records so...

Hi,
I'll be in Bangalore for a couple of days next week. Would you help me with directions to find Balaji's? Any landmarks? What time does he open/close? I'm not too familiar with the city, but I'll have someone with me who would know the general directions. I'll be staying at St.Mark's Road, I think.
Thanks in advance.

hi g401fan,

by the way is the 401 fan referring to the garrard 401?

balajis - take an auto to avenue road. most likely they'll drop you at avenue road circle. bangalore autos being law unto themselves and deciding for you where you ought to go :) from the circle, take a right up avenue road (in the direction of the traffic which is one way). on your left you'll see a red raymond's shop. bang opp is a small entrance balaji silks. first floor his place.

or take an auto, go to corporation circle. left hand side of circle lots of bus stops, right hand side across the road a small police station at the beginning of a road leading off from the circle. take the narrow road up the police station till you come to the end. get off. take a left you'll be walking against traffic and you'll come to balaji's on the same side of the road. red raymond's shop sign board will be on right hand side.

closes round 7.30 i think...

when are you here? i'm heading there myself one of these evenings

regards

forgot to add don't take your friend's car go by auto. parking there is nigh impossible. you'd waste time.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back