Projector screen

jimlynvd

Hello! I'm brand new to this forum and I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. My wife and I just bought a new home this summer and it has a great theater room. The projector is a Mitsubishi HC 1600, and I just installed Dish Network HD to it with a high end HDMI cable. It works great! It is projecting on the wall which is textured but painted white. My question is: Should I invest in a screen? I honestly don't see how the picture could be much better, but I'm pretty easily pleased. I don't want to spend a lot; maybe a couple hundred. What do you suggest? Thanks, Jim

Hi

Welcome to the forum Jim. If total picture quality is good just leave it as it is and if possible try and paint a black border or a black frame to make it more authentic.

Regards

Sub

Agree with Sub's suggestion that if you and the wife are pleased with the picture quality, then leave it as it. Typically its just not any paint that can be put on the wall, there are specific ones for the projection and I assume that is what is on the wall at your new home.

Further maintaining a projector is a pain as you have to install it and have it static or have a motorised one that can be pulled up/down.

I would not invest more if I was happy at this point.

Its good to finally see advisers in forum who insist on having people make their own judgment with regards to their needs!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back