Protouch Universal remote UR-501L

The only issue I am seeing is I cannot power off the xtreamer..powering on works fine ..strangly- anybody else seen this

Do you need 2 diff buttons to power off and on on original remote?

~Vince

Do you need 2 diff buttons to power off and on on original remote

Xtreamer original remote has a sigle button to on/off...and I have used the learn mode for this button.hence so surprised .

Last edited:
Xtreamer original remote has a sigle button to on/off...and I have used the learn mode for this button.hence so surprised .

That's what am surprised abt. Re record the power key again and see what happens

~Vince

That's what am surprised abt. Re record the power key again and see what happens

Mine is working fine with one button only. It can turn on and off as well. Try to do it again. Because ON and OFF is same code.

Last edited:
I got the remote from homeshop18 and it reached today. Its my first universal remote experience and I am happy with this.

I could configure TV,DVD, Pioneer AVR VSX-520, Airtel STB and ASUS OPLAY all 5 equipments(max 5) in less than 30mts.

I have used all 3 modes of setting the remote, i.e., Code Based, Search Based and Learning Method Based.

Some keys look very soft (particularly up/down/left/right and OK keys). Need to wait and see about the durability.

BTW, bought it for Rs.599/- (699 - 100) with free shipping. Used Rs.100 gift coupon code given by google.

I got the remote from homeshop18 and it reached today. Its my first universal remote experience and I am happy with this.

I could configure TV,DVD, Pioneer AVR VSX-520, Airtel STB and ASUS OPLAY all 5 equipments(max 5) in less than 30mts.

I have used all 3 modes of setting the remote, i.e., Code Based, Search Based and Learning Method Based.

Some keys look very soft (particularly up/down/left/right and OK keys). Need to wait and see about the durability.

BTW, bought it for Rs.599/- (699 - 100) with free shipping. Used Rs.100 gift coupon code given by google.

hi can you tell me how you got success with oplay. I too got one for 450 from homeshop18. working fine with aoc tvmonitor 24v and relience digital stb. unable to do search of oplay mini and edifier speaker. any help is usefull.

Hi,

Rajesh we have Universal Remote Protouch UR 501, if you are looking for the same please call me on 09141071191 or email me at [email protected]. we will offer you good price and good quality.

lokesh

Protouch 501 is not available on Ebay. Anybody knows trusted site where i can find it in same price.

Protouch 501 is not available on Ebay. Anybody knows trusted site where i can find it in same price.

I found that Protouch UR-401 is a similar remote from the same manufacturer (marketing company rather) and the features are comparable. It is available for Rs.555 from homeshop18

Protouch UR-401 4 in One Universal Remote . Buy Best Protouch UR-401 4 in One Universal Remote at Lowest Price Online

Here is the product detail from manufacturer website:
Universal Remote
Universal Remote Model UR-501L
Features:

A single control device for TV, DVD players, VCRs, Set-top boxes and audio devices.
Works with more than 800 brands available in the market.
Different unique codes have been set for different brands which makes the operation easy.
Key Magic - A special feature which enables the programming of extra functions on the UR-501 remote.
Learning facility - Any function from your original remote control can be learned/copied into same keys.
Red, green, yellow, blue keys - These keys allow you to access the fastest functions of your television.
Reliable & easy configuration.
LED indication feature.

Technical Specifications :

Functions: Channel up/down, volume up/down, power, mute, text, fastext, digits, menu, guide, directional keys, 16:9, colour/brightness, transport keys, input selection, key magic
Special: Includes macro function to program a series of command on a single key
Batteries: 2 x AA (not included)
Battery life: Over 12 months
Number of keys: 44
IR range: ~15 mtrs
IR frequency: 0-455khz

Applications:

A one stop solution for houses where different brands of TV, DVD Players, VCRs or DTH can be controlled with a single remote control

Universal Remote Model UR-401
Features:

A single control device for TV, DVD players, VCRs, Set-top box.
Works with more than 800 brands available in the market.
Different unique codes have been set for different brands which making operation easy.
Key Magic - A special feature, which enables the programming of extra functions on the UR-401remote.
Red, green, yellow, blue keys - These keys allow you to access the fastest functions of your television.
Reliable & easy configuration.
LED indication feature.
Technical Specifications

Functions: Channel up/down, volume up/down, power, mute, text, fastext, digits, menu, guide, directional keys, 16:9, colour/brightness, transport keys, input selection, key magic
Special: Includes macro function to program a series of commands on a single key
Batteries: 2 x AAA (not included)
Battery life: Over 12 months
Number of keys: 42
IR range: ~15 mtrs
IR frequency: 0-455khz

Applications:

A one stop solution for houses where different brands of TV, DVD Players, VCRs or DTH can be controlled with a single remote control.

BTW, I am using my Protouch UR501 for over a year now and it is working flawlessly. I observed one behavior though (which led to a google seach and subsequently this post). In SAT mode, the remote would stop working after a few key presses and would go to TV mode after a few blinks of the red LED. From the looks, it looked like the remote is 'resetting' (since I think the TV mode is the default mode). Didn't suspect the battery since it was EVEREADY Alkaline and was measuring 1.46V each. The manual didn't help either. Took a chance and replaced with older battery (normal ones measuring 1.3V each) and surprisingly it works fine now. Not sure what the deal is!?

Hi,

I have both Protel UR 501 and Harmony 650 remote. Bought Protel before I got Harmony 650. Protel seems to be much more easier and user friendly to use than Harmony. I am still not able to get the Harmony to work with Airtel HD STB. I had to use the learning method for that and Harmony always requires it to connect to the computer to update anything. Only advantage with Harmony is that it can start and stop multiple devices with single button.

Yes I did( the learning function), and it works very well. For changing from dvd to bd to sat , tuner ,etc I used the nos 1 to 5 on the protouch and it works like a charm. Cofigured other buttons like menu, vol, etc, no problems. Have not reached the limit of this remote's memory yet....

Hi...I have gone through the full length of the discussion but couldnt figure how to configure the remote to control denon avr...you did this by the learning method...can you pls elaborate it a little more and also pls provide the code to configure the remote, if there is any. I have Denon AVR-1509.
Tried googling for the code but couldnt the find any.

Thanks

Folks,
Bought a Pioneer tuner. Trying to get the Protouch remote to control the tuner. Have lost the manual, did dig up some codes for pioneer on the net, but I don't know how to enter the codes in the Protouch remote. Would appreciate some help from fellow hfv members who own this remote. Anyone with the user manual would be a great help.
Cheers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back