PS3 Game - Burnout Paradise - Help

senthilsss

I am playing "Burnout Paradise" now and have a small issue. Whenever I try to do anything online, the game asks me to update to the latest version. I am fine with that but the update file size is 398MB :sad:

It also does not resume the download if it gets cut anywhere. And, it would take at least 10 hours in my internet connection to download a file of that size.

Do we have any option to download in PC and later transfer to PS3 and update the game?

Please let me know.

I am particularly interested in this update only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On April 23, 2008 it was announced that motorbikes and night-day cycles would appear in the Bikes Pack (originally codenamed the "Davis" update), along with tailored locations, challenges and game modes.[14] Criterion Games announced on August 5, 2008 that the update would also feature a new dynamic weather system, two starter bikes in the player's junkyard, 70 new bike-only challenges, and special "Midnight Rides" challenges that appear only at night.[15] The Bikes pack was released on September 18, 2008 on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think we've the option to do this, You're only option is to upgrade the broadband speed.

I have Burnout Paradise for PC (not PS3), and had to download the whole update too, using the EA download manager.

Failed a few times and, like you, it would start from the beginning again. Couldn't find a standalone downloadable patch either. Finally worked, though.

I am playing "Burnout Paradise" now and have a small issue. Whenever I try to do anything online, the game asks me to update to the latest version. I am fine with that but the update file size is 398MB :sad:

It also does not resume the download if it gets cut anywhere. And, it would take at least 10 hours in my internet connection to download a file of that size.

Do we have any option to download in PC and later transfer to PS3 and update the game?

Please let me know.

I am particularly interested in this update only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On April 23, 2008 it was announced that motorbikes and night-day cycles would appear in the Bikes Pack (originally codenamed the "Davis" update), along with tailored locations, challenges and game modes.[14] Criterion Games announced on August 5, 2008 that the update would also feature a new dynamic weather system, two starter bikes in the player's junkyard, 70 new bike-only challenges, and special "Midnight Rides" challenges that appear only at night.[15] The Bikes pack was released on September 18, 2008 on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it an update for the game or are you talking about updating the firmware of PS3. If it is the later, you can download the update file (current ver is 3.15) onto your PC and then update the PS3 through a USB pendrive.

Regds / Shailender

PS: Just saw your footnote. It is an update for the game. Sorry, I've no idea about gaming. Never tried a game.

Alright. Thanks everybody! :signthankspin:

My only problem is that PS3 may overheat if I keep it "ON" for 10 hours. And, the power cut is severe in my area now. I don't think I will be successful with this download any time now. :lol:

I would say, play it without the update unless the update is a must. I've played few games without even downloading the update. Well, I lost the trophies earned in UC though but anyway I don't much care about that;-)
BTW, change your broadband to 2mbps, then the update will happen in a jiffy. ;)

Well, actually, only the first download is 398MB. Then the system will download 4 more updates totaling to nearly 1GB.

This is the Cagney update for Burnout Paradise and it is quite essential. After the update you'll get bikes, new intro videos, a new game menu system and also a bigger city.

More about the update here in the official website -
Criterion Games - Cagney

Well, actually, only the first download is 398MB. Then the system will download 4 more updates totaling to nearly 1GB.

This is the Cagney update for Burnout Paradise and it is quite essential. After the update you'll get bikes, new intro videos, a new game menu system and also a bigger city.

More about the update here in the official website -
Criterion Games - Cagney

You are absolutely right! It took me several hours to get this update done. It downloaded almost 1.5GB of data.

And, I loved the new features added :)

Thanks folks!

Hey senthil u dont deserve to play online wit dat retatd internet connection damn i m the diamond club member in burnout wit all add ons n i m also good in a world ranking i live in mumbai whr do u live.
and nser to ur problem is a u have 2 have dat update cause its a version 1.9 n its not 398mb as u mentioned it will start wit 398 then thr will b a continuation of a 700mb data update following wit the first one it all together is a 1gb update.lol add me on psn my id same as blog name.
note: thoz r 'L' llllxxGOWxxllll check out my awesome platinums n my huge collection of games.

SEE U AT THE ISLAND

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back