Pune HFV Meet 2010

All the best guys. Dont forget to take all possible /available cables, connectors and spike busters too for the meet.

Good Idea!
So to all those who are participating >>
pls get your fav music (don't hesitate if its mp3:)). + your cables, power-adapter if any along. Santy thanx for highlighting.

I believe that your fav music was definately a factor in your choice of gear. So in effect your music selection and gear must be heard together to know when it sounds the best. It would act as reference for others to know which gear is best for which kind of music.

Apart from audio gear one brings, could we also include Music? Everyone should bring their fav collection of music across genre that would help us to have a great audition.

Last edited:
guys, am in pune over the next weekend.

if u r meeting i will request the privilege of joining in......

will get a few CDs. the rest of my stuff is pretty heavy (just cables MAY not do, so), mostly pune stuff actually!

would love to join in!

Dont have a "setup" as yet, nonetheless, will carry my current "setup".....

Cowon S9 with Sennheiser CX680
will get my laptop along for everyone to load a track or two onto the Cowon and try it out!

Good initiative. I will join too if I am in Pune. Have we decided when and where?

I can get my Xtreamer media player, Marantz SR6003 AVR and cables. Worried about transportation damage to the PSB towers else I dont mind bringing them. I dont have the original packing.

Good initiative. I will join too if I am in Pune. Have we decided when and where?

I can get my Xtreamer media player, Marantz SR6003 AVR and cables. Worried about transportation damage to the PSB towers else I dont mind bringing them. I dont have the original packing.

Why dont you get the bookshelves in case you dont sort out a way??
Please do get the xtreamer media player.

Hi Ashok,
Welcome to party!
Though coming weekend seems too soon. I am waiting for more gear to come, then there is venue booking (thinking of booking a community-hall that many residential societies have) and getting a "majority convenient" event-date.

Regds,
Sonosphere

guys, am in pune over the next weekend.

if u r meeting i will request the privilege of joining in......

will get a few CDs. the rest of my stuff is pretty heavy (just cables MAY not do, so), mostly pune stuff actually!

Hi Hubballi,
Yes, the Alpha B1 and the 5i subwoofer (I hope your signature is updated)
would be a worthwhile addition to this meet. Please try to get them along with xtreamer.

Why dont you get the bookshelves in case you dont sort out a way??
Please do get the xtreamer media player.

Dear Pune members,
It would be ideal if we could have 3 grades of systems for demo as follows:
1. Entry level setups (costing upto 25k)
2. Medium level setups (costing bet'n 25k to 75k)
3. High level setups (sky is the limit!)

Right now (1) is taken care of, (2) is barely covered, and for (3) no gear so far:sad:

So all those fortunate ones out there, having grade (3) maal in Pune, please chip in !!!

Regds,
Sonosphere

Hi Sonosphere,

If possible why cant we ask a few dealers to demo their goods.
This would be advantageous to both the parties..

Hi guys,

To make it easier to track and also easier to update for participating members, i have created a shared excel sheet for our planned Pune meet. This is a public shared document, so any member can access the link and update the sheet. Here is the link -

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...2h5cThPS3hhazN3cUEtTEE&hl=en&authkey=CPGm0ZQB

This sheet will help to provide a centralized and current snapshot of state of things, such as participating members, components they bringing, any preferences such as transportation required etc. We can then take a look at the sheet in the end and plan accordingly.

Participating members - please feel free to update the sheet with the information. I have updated it for myself already.

Sonosphere - dont mean to hijack your thread. Just thought that this way we can manage more effectively. Hope you dont mind :)

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Hi Mubeen,
Thats great!! I appreciate the initiative :clapping:, by no means anybody would call it hijack. I Also appreciate Biyer's and Blue Floyd's ideas and efforts.

You may find it difficult to believe, but I had planned to invite* Mr. Beharam of Auqurius since we don't have any gear for grade (3) yet. Another instance of "great minds think alike":D

*I'll see if AV Xellence also agrees to be part of show. They have good collection of gear.

Regds,
Sonosphere

Hi guys,
To make it easier to track ...

Sonosphere - dont mean to hijack your thread. Just thought that this way we can manage more effectively. Hope you dont mind :)

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back