Pune HFV Meet 2010

I would like to join the event and am from Pune. This happens to be my first post.
My set up includes
Harmon Kardon AVR 133
JBL SCS 200.5

But i hve a problem bringing my stuff as i owing to transportation problems as i dont have 4 wheeler wid me.. :mad:

I am interested to join the event for sure... :)
I can speak to sound factor (JBL Dealer Camp) if they can showcase their stuff.. Will keep you people updated on the same..

Hi Sonosphere,

I'll certainly bring it in for a demo. For some reason I thought demo was supposed to be for the best of the equipment. It's great to see that demos can also be for a range of equipment. Pace amplifier does have certain strengths which I have appreciated for several years. Others can let me know if they also think the same.

Thanks for this initiative.

Hi askii2,
I believe the "Pace" in your signature is an Indian amp. Why not demo the same? Often members have queried in this forum reg SQ of indian amps compared to MNC amps. Your demo can clarify that matter. I believe sombebody will also bring in a Norge.

Great!
Can you highlight what music sounds best on your setup? We should demo the gear using the music they are good at reproducing.

Hi Sonosphere,

I'll certainly bring it in for a demo. For some reason I thought demo was supposed to be for the best of the equipment. It's great to see that demos can also be for a range of equipment. Pace amplifier does have certain strengths which I have appreciated for several years. Others can let me know if they also think the same.

Thanks for this initiative.

Dear participants,
In line with my post regarding best sounding music above, I have made a small ammendment in the data-file of Meet here >> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...2h5cThPS3hhazN3cUEtTEE&hl=en&authkey=CPGm0ZQB

minorrevision161110.jpg

See red text in image above. "Sounds best with following >>" has been added to "Music /software" heading. The corresponding inputs will help us in shortlisting songs /music for demo. We should explore feasibility of common songs during demo to arrive at better comparison.

So Meet-participants, please update this heading as per your choice.
Regds,

Hi,
Many members have asked me about the event-date. Sorry about ambiguity there presently.

The date and venue is not fixed yet. As I am trying to get 3 grades of gear collected. When that is done, I will see how many people are involved and what is the size of venue reqd.

However one has to set a target somewhere, so going by present rate of interest shown, it is proposed as 11th or 12th Dec (Sat/Sun). Guys, please chip in with your comments /confirmations to this date.

Regds,
Sonosphere

Hi Hubballi,
Yes, the Alpha B1 and the 5i subwoofer (I hope your signature is updated)
would be a worthwhile addition to this meet. Please try to get them along with xtreamer.

surely will get the B1s and the Sub. My Friend has Xtreamer Pro. I can borrow that too if someone wants to explore it.

I have added one column for 11th/12th Dec. Members can confirm there.
Thanks.

Hi,
Many members have asked me about the event-date. Sorry about ambiguity there presently.

The date and venue is not fixed yet. As I am trying to get 3 grades of gear collected. When that is done, I will see how many people are involved and what is the size of venue reqd.

However one has to set a target somewhere, so going by present rate of interest shown, it is proposed as 11th or 12th Dec (Sat/Sun). Guys, please chip in with your comments /confirmations to this date.

Regds,
Sonosphere

We have the First Turntable entry in gear list !!! Its a Denon DP-29F, from Jaggervm.

Now we can taste the magic of TT :yahoo:. Thanks Jaggervm!!

Jag /fellow participants, please get some good sounding vinyls along now.

Hi!

I would very much like to attend. 11th/12th Dec is ok with me. I assume it will be an all day event.

I am currently in the process of acquiring a good AV system. First step will be a LCD TV. Currently I am using a locally made STK chip based pure amp (25Wx2 RMS). The chip catalouge claims it is class A. The distortion curve shows 0.03% THD @ 10W. Total cost is under Rs. 3000. I am using a pair of Phillips single paper cone full range driver speakers. :D

The performance of these is very good and the main reason I am not plonking down money for higher end speakers as I am not seeing any substantial advantage.

I could get the amp & speakers along so that you have a benchmark for a cheap but good local system. PLs let me know.

Eager to listen to all the high end systems.

Sridhar

Dear sridhar-v,
If we get the 3 grades of gear, as mentioned in my previous post, it may very well turnout to be full day event.

Do get your amp and speakers along. I wouldn't be surprised if these full-rangers end up sounding better than systems costing twice/thrice its price. What is an HFV meet without a few pleasant surprises!

Do enter the details of your participation in the data-sheet here >> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...PS3hhazN3cUEtTEE&hl=en&authkey=CPGm0ZQB#gid=0

Regds,
Sonosphere

Hi!

I would very much like to attend. 11th/12th Dec is ok with me. I assume it will be an all day event.
I could get the amp & speakers along so that you have a benchmark for a cheap but good local system. PLs let me know.

Eager to listen to all the high end systems.

Sridhar

Pune has the maker of exotic sounding speakers by the name Mickey Registrar.
I can PM his mob No. if you guys are interested. My suggestion, why don't you guys request for auditioning his speakers?

Hi everybody,
Updated Data-sheet screenshot with member-names of those who have confirmed participation:

hfvpunemeet18nov10.jpg

The entries for the names in blue have been updated by me, based on their interest shown in earlier post.

Guys, who have not confirmed reg the suggested date, please do so at earliest so everyone can plan accordingly.

Regarding music, those who haven't... pls make enter the details of "best sounding music with your gear" in the data sheets.

Regds,
Sonosphere

Last edited:
Sure Capt.,
Please PM me his no. This may turn out to be another "Pleasant surprise" speaker.

Pune has the maker of exotic sounding speakers by the name Mickey Registrar.
I can PM his mob No. if you guys are interested. My suggestion, why don't you guys request for auditioning his speakers?

Unfortunately Ive to travel on 11th and 12th Dec:sad: Any way if everybody is ready for this date lets have this on same date. My bad luck!!

Hi Swapnil,
Thanks for participation. Most of your gear is "Hifi-fi-classic"! I would prefer if you can get most of it... namely:
- Beresford Caiman (we will see how this compares with a good CDP!)
- Marantz PM7001
- Quad 11L
- cables /adapters etc. too.

Do fill in the data-sheet with your enty here >> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...PS3hhazN3cUEtTEE&hl=en&authkey=CPGm0ZQB#gid=0

Regds,
Shailesh /Sonosphere

I can get any gear that is in my signature and also a Fostex T50RP Ortho. Headphone.

~Swapnil

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back