Pune HFV Meet 2010

sonosphere

Dear friends,
For all those staying in and around Pune (incl Mumbai, Nashik etc.)... Let us meet with our audio-video gear and have fun for...
!!! First Hi Fi Vision Meet in Pune !!! :yahoo: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yahoo:
All those interested please chip in with your names (and the gear you would bring along for demo :eek:hyeah:) and we will plan from that point onwards regarding mutually convinient event-date /venue-selection reqd etc.

I am starting with my inputs...
Preferred date: 2nd or 4th Saturday/Sunday planned at least a week in advance
Demo Gear: LG DVDP + NAD C320 amp + Usher V-601 Bookshelves (<< amp & spkr are recent upgrades :cool: ....need to update my signature :rolleyes:)

Hoping to see lot of response...

Regds,
Sonosphere

Anyone going from Mumbai? Taking his vehicle?
Is it possible 4 mumbai /navi mumbai guys visit pune ..sharing fuel and travel costs?

BTW my availability too cannot be gurenteed.
Let us wait for date and vrenue.

Hi askii2,
I believe the "Pace" in your signature is an Indian amp. Why not demo the same? Often members have queried in this forum reg SQ of indian amps compared to MNC amps. Your demo can clarify that matter. I believe sombebody will also bring in a Norge.

Splendid idea. Count me in. Don't have anything much to demo, though.

Hi Blue Floyd,
That gear will do nicely. Though I didn't choose them, I found Paradigm 7 very enjoyable. So definately, get them along.

Let me know your preferred date /days so we can plan accordingly.

All I have is an AVR 3311 and Paradigm monitor 7 FS.
I can get the AVR and if the meet is towards the start of next month my WD TV live can also be brought along...

Good luck all you guys. Try to include affordable Indian brands for audition including DIY stuff like Linuxguru's amp based on LM 3886 etc to initiate those aspiring wannabes into audiophilia.

We are trying to kick start Chennai meet. Hope this would help in jump starting Chennai meet.

Last edited:
Hey Sonosphere,

Its a great idea! In fact, i was thinking of planning something similar and posting on forum, but then i saw this thread. Count me in. Lets decide one a date and suitable venue. It'd be great fun to meet fellow forum members and audition and discuss various components.

I can bring whatever is there in my signature.

Cheers!

Hi Mubeen,
You were thinking of something similar? well, great minds think alike :D

Your DAC is the first DAC entry for this Hifi meet. A very welcome addition! Rest of the equipment is also quite interesting... beyond the usual Marantz, Denons, CA etc.

It would be terriffic if this thread leads to a good collection of systems across price ranges and sonic-signatures. The subsequent reviews would generate a wealth of information for upgraders and new buyers.

Thanks for chipping in...

Regds,
Sonosphere

Hey Sonosphere,

Its a great idea! In fact, i was thinking of planning something similar and posting on forum, but then i saw this thread. Count me in. Lets decide one a date and suitable venue. It'd be great fun to meet fellow forum members and audition and discuss various components.

I can bring whatever is there in my signature.

Cheers!

Hi Biyer,
So the "VFM King combo" 9.2+Norge is here finally. I wonder why it took so long. Pune must be full of them. The Pune dealer of this combo told me recently, its the fastest moving item in his showroom.

I was foxed to realise that in some songs, 9.2+Norge sounded more "enjoyable" than my NAD+V-601 that costed twice! (for those who don't know, I had 9.2+Norge earlier. It has slightly coloured sound, yes, but immensly enjoyable on some songs, even with a humble LG dvd player as a source)

BTW definately get the Creative Xmod along. Another first for this meet, among unique gizmoes.

Regds,
Sonsosphere

Hi All,

Count me in too.
I have the good old Wharfedale diamond 9.2 speakers and norge 2060 amp..
I also have Creative Xmod wireless system which I use as the source
Creative X-Mod Wireless Dissected! by VR-Zone.com

Can get them along..

Ok guys, lets take stock of situation. Time for roll-call of those who have shown interest.

1. Sonosphere (demo: LG DVDP, NAD C320, Usher V-601)
2. Blue Floyd (demo: AVR 3311, Paradigm monitor 7 FS)
3. Hemantwaghe (demo: Not declared yet ...Hemant lets us have the best you've got!)
4. Askii2 (demo: Pace 2050 amp, ...get Sony BDP too, I am curious about it's audio prowess)
5. Mailalok (demo: N.A)
6. Mubeen (demo: ...Get the whole signature Man!!! >> http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/14042-pune-hfv-meet-2010-a-2.html#post194627)
7. Biyer (demo: Creative Xmod, Wharfe 9.2, Norge-2060)

Thanks guys!! but its far from over. We need more equipment !!!. Spidey where are you? wouldn't you like to bask in warmth of pride, while others drool over your equipment? BTW I will be discussing the event-date and venue after gettting a "reasonable" collection of gear.

I am sure there are lot of "in-closet audiophiiles" in Pune with wonderful gear. My message for them >> Buddy its time to come out in open, tell your wife that you are no longer a lone audio-freak, and that your tribe is growing and asserting itself. And while the law-of-the-land doesn't allow you to upgrade "this primary aquisition" freely, you are sure well within your rights to upgrade your gear on free will. And your first step starts from THIS MEET !!! :D :D :D
Amen.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I guess audiophile minds certainly think alike :)

I would be glad to bring over all of my kit for our meet. I am as much interested in listening to fellow member's systems as you might be in auditioning mine, so its my pleasure.

I really hope we get a good collection of equipment and good participation. You are organizing it really well dude, so am sure we'll get more chaps interested soon.

Apart from audio gear one brings, could we also include Music? Everyone should bring their fav collection of music across genre that would help us to have a great audition.

Looking forward to a great response from all Pune guys.

:thumbsup: :beer:

Hi Mubeen,
You were thinking of something similar? well, great minds think alike :D

Your DAC is the first DAC entry for this Hifi meet. A very welcome addition! Rest of the equipment is also quite interesting... beyond the usual Marantz, Denons, CA etc.

It would be terriffic if this thread leads to a good collection of systems across price ranges and sonic-signatures. The subsequent reviews would generate a wealth of information for upgraders and new buyers.

Thanks for chipping in...

Regds,
Sonosphere

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back