Pune HFV Meet 2011

Is anyone from 'sobo' going ? I do not want to travel from home to Palm Beach alone;; If I get someone to travel with, I could get to 'denom' & then we could travel together...

@ Shanti... early morning there would be hardly any traffic, you could reach here in flat 45 min. Try to make it even if there is no company :)

@ Sono... google doc is empty, so it is not clear which are the gear available for audition!

@ Shanti... early morning there would be hardly any traffic, you could reach here in flat 45 min. Try to make it even if there is no company :)

@ Sono... google doc is empty, so it is not clear which are the gear available for audition!

Yes, I can confirm that the googlendocmis gone!!!

Does anyone - Sono? - have a copy saved anywhere? If not, please update again - Sono could you rebuild the basic sheet?

Denom - see my post re location on my earlier post - google earth.

Shanti - its Sunday, 6th, and I think Monday is prolly a holiday too, so do make that 45 min run to Denom's on Sun am, would be great to have you here.

Viki

Saturday it is - I believe.

I could get my DAC along - but it needs dual AES [digital] inputs.
Will any one have a transport that will give to me a XLR - Digital [110ohm] output ? Besides, the DAC is pure balanced - so the out too is on XLR - no RCA at all.

:)

My amp has XLR inputs, and is a dual mono balanced config. But I have neither the xlr source, nor any xlr cables. Can someone else chime in with these? Would be great to hear a fully balanced setup.

Viki

Sure Sridhar, I'd appreciate that. kindly email the same. I hope you have CD of same... do bring it to the meet.

Regards,
Sonosphere

Have sent u 3 emails. Yes I have the original cds & can bring them.

regards

Sridhar

Guys,
Google doc opened! But is that all of you are going to bring all listed items?

I can bring any one or two, if anyone can advise which one to bring, I can plan accordingly.

Viki, what is the area of the hall where we will play? Is it your living room?
What about neighbours, did you hint them that this Sunday will be Sounday? :D

What about neighbours, did you hint them that this Sunday will be Sounday? :D
Good Point.

Bros,
Never never never take chances with Puneites.

marathi_puneri+patya_1.jpg
pic16290.jpg

But if you will be playing Indian Classical Music you will not only be welcome, but some may even join you :D
Regards

My amp has XLR inputs, and is a dual mono balanced config. But I have neither the xlr source, nor any xlr cables. Can someone else chime in with these? Would be great to hear a fully balanced setup.

Viki

Hi Viki,

I have a pair of decent XLR interconencts that i use in my system. You can use mine for your set up.

I also have a pair of long and cheap (sourced from a local musical instrument shop) XLR cable that may be used if needed. I will bring it along.

Thanks,
Mubeen

Good Point.

Bros,
Never never never take chances with Puneites.

marathi_puneri+patya_1.jpg
pic16290.jpg

But if you will be playing Indian Classical Music you will not only be welcome, but some may even join you :D
Regards
You gotto see that place in person. Mr. V.D. Bhat is a very famous astrologer and has oodles of folks visiting him all the time. The typical Indian rule of removing one's footwear outside applies there and the next door neighbor suffers eventually. Being a typical passive-aggressive Puneit that's the only thing the poor neighbor can do :p

You gotto see that place in person. Mr. V.D. Bhat is a very famous astrologer and has oodles of folks visiting him all the time. The typical Indian rule of removing one's footwear outside applies there and the next door neighbor suffers eventually. Being a typical passive-aggressive Puneit that's the only thing the poor neighbor can do :p
Pics were just good hearted fun. I like Pune people and the way they work. Sonosphere's last Pune meet's detailed system reviews and listening impression information posted in our forum is a high standard example by itself.
All the best for the meet bros. looking forward to the reviews.
Regards :)

Last edited:
So far hemant & santy only confirmed in accompanying me. Mumbai HFV members not interested in joining us???

... Sonosphere's last Pune meet's detailed system reviews and listening impression information posted in our forum is a high standard example by itself. ..

Hi Hiten,
Those photos were good fun. I take above comment, as compliment... thanks.

An amusing incident happened 15 yrs back at work (I was working as Architect in Delhi then)... I evaluated a tender involving many graphics workstations and prepared a comparison chart on their graphics capabilities. When one of the workstation-vendors saw the comparison-chart during negotiations, he paused for a while and then asked me... are you originally from Pune?
(...at that time, I had no clue what Pune had to do with the comparison chart...:confused: I got to know when I migrated to Pune)

Regds,
Sonosphere

Hi Hiten,
Those photos were good fun. I take above comment, as compliment... thanks.

An amusing incident happened 15 yrs back at work (I was working as Architect in Delhi then)... I evaluated a tender involving many graphics workstations and prepared a comparison chart on their graphics capabilities. When one of the workstation-vendors saw the comparison-chart during negotiations, he paused for a while and then asked me... are you originally from Pune?
(...at that time, I had no clue what Pune had to do with the comparison chart...:confused: I got to know when I migrated to Pune)

Regds,
Sonosphere

I so wish there was a "LIke" button on our forum :)

@Hiten: I love Pune humor, just wanted to share that I've been to the place with this "Puneri Pati".

I am still waiting in 'limbo' !
If I get some one to travel with, from 'sobo' to navi mumbai, I would love to come to Pune.
I have slotted the day - just for this.
Lots of gear & cd's are ready too.
Just need the 'company' !

Now for the food :D:

Got a discount coupon of 20% off from Dominos
Coupon code (from upto75.com) : UP27520

20% off on online orders of Rs.350 or more 2) Garlic Bread & Dip free on a min bill of Rs.400 3) Choco Lava Cake free on a min bill of Rs.350

I think it is applicable for online ordering.

If that dosen't work I have a Discover Insignia card which also gives 20% discount from Dominos. I have not checked the coupon validity but I suppose the card is enough. I need to know which will be the nearest to Viki's home:

Baner, Bhavdhan, Munjeri, Sassoon Rd, Hingane Kurd, Tal-Mulshi, Kothrud, Hadapsar, Nagar Rd, Hinjawadi, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Pimple Saudagar, Senapati Bapat Marg and Wanawadi

We will start at 0900. Neighbours are already informed. From 2 to 4 pm is quiet time, si I suggest all AVR video reviews in this period. Can continue till around 9 pm, loud, and softly after that :)

Can't wait !

Viki

Hi Viki,

I have a pair of decent XLR interconencts that i use in my system. You can use mine for your set up.

I also have a pair of long and cheap (sourced from a local musical instrument shop) XLR cable that may be used if needed. I will bring it along.

Thanks,
Mubeen

Awesome! Thanks, buddy. Look fwd to meeting you.
Now, can someone bring a CDP with XLR outputs?

Viki

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back