Join the party: Mumbai HFV Meet 2011!

Many congratulations for the successful meet.

As a gesture if i get an opportunity to host a lunch for the 3 organizers and Spirivous i will be happy. Please advice.

V.

Thanks Vinay... We would love to meet you at your place... :)

I guess this was not posted before:

Our event was covered in Times of India (Mumbai central/western suburbs, Navi Mumbai and Thane editions of local times).

HiFiVisionMumbaiMeetTOICoverage10Dec20111.jpg

Our event was covered in Times of India (Mumbai central/western suburbs, Navi Mumbai and Thane editions of local times).

The lady in pic gives impression of being the organiser of the event... that explains the large attendance at Mumbai HFV meet ;)

Santy,

Please work out the meet date and let me know keeping in mind that i will be travelling on 6th Jan.

V.

That makes us glad.Thanks to 3 of you & Thanks to HFV too.:clapping:

Fantastic news and organisation Mumbai team. This is great news and a publicity boose for the forum for the services it provides to the all members. Great job.

^ the 'cross-talk' could not let it happen ....... :cool::indifferent14::p

'electronic' ?
OR
'people' ?

I do accept - listening environment - sure was not conducive;

We should have had a 'different' room - only for demo - with a dedicated group of 2 or 3 persons that visited it. That way a set up could have been 'maximised' and every person could have 'listened' to the 'component' in the correct manner...

Just imaging what demo can a person on the 4th row have who is sitting on the extreme left or extreme right ?? He will either hear only 1 speaker or listen to defreacted sound from the 3 rows in front of him [people heads - I mean] !! So, we were far far away from ideal listening conditions - thisis not how I do my listening ---:indifferent14:

A meet is a super place to catch up - talk to others - share ideas etc.
Demo needs to be done in a 'controlled' atmosphere.

Basically if any audio component is not set up correctly & the result achieved is what was desired - the person that is taking the demo will walk away with a faulty impression of / about the product.....that may not be good for that particular product....

Hence, I truly believe - any audio meet should have 2 places;
a] Place to meet / talk etc. so that people can get to know each other...
b] Demo area where gear can be set up & auditions can be done.
This has to be a 100 % silent zone - pure music only....no talk !

Space [a] we had - it was perfect.
Space was required.

I am sure - next meet the organizers will take this into account.
1 set up with 3 chairs - 1 behind the other - power supply 'controlled' [no power strips] & appropriate stands & racks & music choice left to the 'listener' !!

My humble suggestions...

We did try to keep the ambience silent; We even mentioned in the ID card to respect the system that is played and not to disturb others. Unfortunately it was not followed. :eek:

There were indeed more than two places in the hotel. For 'listening' to music, the hall we booked was sufficient. For 'talking' there were many other places within the hotel. Like the lobby, terrace, restaurant, bars etc.. ;)

And I guess it is quite difficult to give the sweet spot position to multiple listeners. The only solution to bhagwan's suggestion is to book individual rooms in a hotel and set up various combinations in each room, almost like exhibition stalls :D It does make sense.

There will be only 4 seats maximum in a room - people just listen and move to the next room. All systems will be playing continously :D This way we will not be able to audition many systems though - may be 10 maximum in a day. There won't be any fixed tracks to be played. Its a different issue that the room with the best system will always be crowded!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back