Purchase of 32" Full HD LCD TV - Confused between Samsung or LG

Hi there,
Sanket here..
I had visited ezone today. Had almost finalised the samsung 32 inch c530 when I realised what you have mentioned above that a 42 inch plasma can be bought for just few thousand more. I was very excited by the thought of owning such a large screen but the salesperson advised me against it. His view was that plasma being an older tech was prone to heating up, not full HD, high power consumption and prone to other problems like image burn etc.
However after reading your post I am considering it again.
So please help me figure out the best choice amongst the following With the following criteria in mind.
1) Good PQ.
2) USB playback supprting a wide range of formats with ease.
3) durability with excellent after sales service.
4) VFM
5) Viewing distance of 8-10 foot so am afraid that a 42 inch screen would be overkill.
My options are:
1) Samsung 32 C530
2) samsung 6 series
3) Lg 32LD650(200 hz refresh rate which the salesperson said is very useful)
4) Samsung 42c450 plasma.

Waiting earnestly for the reply.

thanks in advance!

Firstly let me tell you that all that your salesman is saying is total complete bullshit. The fact is that most salesmen dont have much idea of what they are taking about a plasma / lcd. The thing is that you are short on research about the plasma tv's. If you try to research in detail about plasma's you will find that all these problems with plasmas are the thing of the past. Most present plasma tv's do not suffer from problems of overheating / high power consumption / image retention(to some extent but not a deal breaker). Also that these refresh rate etc are mostly just marketing gimmicks with only marginal benefits. You can easily forgo this feature.

As for full hd, it would only matter if your viewing distance increases. I can easily suggest you to go for a hd ready tv instead of the full hd. You will not be disappointed.

And finally if you are too concerned about the prices, one thing I can tell you is that all these big chains like Croma / Vijay Sales / Ezone always charge much higher amounts compared to other independent dealers. I am totally against buying from these chains.
I cannot really help you here because you are in Mumbai. I could have suggested you a few dealers in Delhi who could offer decent prices but not for Mumbai. You should try to look out for some other dealers like Samsung Plaza outlets or some other smaller retail outlets. Another fellow hifivision member (oracle 1974) has got a 50 inch Samsung 50c450 for a very good price of 54.5k from a dealer in Mumbai. Maybe you could contact him from where he has purchased.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/10090-brought-home-samsung-ps50c450-but.html

Just make sure that you research a lot from some of the dealers in Mumbai if you want to get the best price. The best price I am getting for the 42c450 here in Delhi is around 38-40k mark. I believe this is what you should also be able to get in Mumbai. :)

How does the pq compare on a c450 plasma and c530 lcd ?

Dont think there is a lot of difference between the pq of both sets. 530 being an lcd is definitely more brighter. But then again the c450 would have less of motion lag. It depends what is more important to you. Even if you are not short on budget I can still suggest the c450 over 530.

Hi there,
Sanket here..
I had visited ezone today. Had almost finalised the samsung 32 inch c530 when I realised what you have mentioned above that a 42 inch plasma can be bought for just few thousand more. I was very excited by the thought of owning such a large screen but the salesperson advised me against it. His view was that plasma being an older tech was prone to heating up, not full HD, high power consumption and prone to other problems like image burn etc.
However after reading your post I am considering it again.
So please help me figure out the best choice amongst the following With the following criteria in mind.
1) Good PQ.
2) USB playback supprting a wide range of formats with ease.
3) durability with excellent after sales service.
4) VFM
5) Viewing distance of 8-10 foot so am afraid that a 42 inch screen would be overkill.
My options are:
1) Samsung 32 C530
2) samsung 6 series

Waiting earnestly for the reply.

thanks in advance!

Replying in RED to your Questions..

1) Good PQ. --> This is must... in 32" found it to be better for LG TV... saw some 15 different video files.
2) USB playback supprting a wide range of formats with ease.--> Both LG & Samsung support most common formats. LG can't decode DTS audio... known issue.
3) durability with excellent after sales service. --> LG has edge here
4) VFM
5) Viewing distance of 8-10 foot so am afraid that a 42 inch screen would be overkill. --> That's why even though I could have got 42" by paying just few grand more... it is too big unless you have bunglaow in Mumbai... which sadly I don't have
My options are:
1) Samsung 32 C530
2) samsung 6 series

The refresh rate was not making that much difference (atleast in few video files which we ran with Refresh Rate set at Low / Med / High for LG 32LD650...but in any case the PQ was better in LG compared to Samsung 32 C530

Plasma... didn't check as screen of 32" is sufficient. Hope this helps

Last edited:
dude right LG and SAMSUNG are just huge brand names.. but we should compare all the LCD's and not the brand when we buy.. i found from all VU 32V88P and Toshiba 32AV700 is the best of all the LCD's where i took my personal Yanni DVD and and saw it with Sony DVD player DVPNS728 which is worth to buy an option for both the LCDS. The images were perfect and clear with details on both the LCD's

:) cheers.

hey guys but what about the VU and Toshiba product i find in one forum that Sony and Samsung doesn't give the exact detail which Toshiba gives, which is much more similar to VU.

hey guys but what about the VU and Toshiba product i find in one forum that Sony and Samsung doesn't give the exact detail which Toshiba gives, which is much more similar to VU.

ya toshiba is a big japanese brand and offers good vfm. i am too looking for a 32 inch lcd for my room mostly for my xbox and watching movies.i will not watch tv that much.i will definitely have a look at the toshiba and the vu which you have suggested.however i want some reviews of these two.will they be good for xbox and movies?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back