Purchased Sony x9000H , what to check on delivery

Just spoke to sony customer care and they confirm that the TV should have the protective layer and it should not be removed as it provides protection against scratches and liquid.
Plz share your views.
@lightgamer @Love4sound @IonHawk @Donivlapog
As far as I know a new tv will have a protective screen installed in the display. My c9 didn’t have and it turned out to be a display unit. Good thing in LG Oled you can verify the usage hours.

The protective plastic sticker was mainly on the bezels, plus the plastic blurb type thingy stuck to the corner of the screen. There was also plastic on the back which also has to be peeled off. But there wouldn't be any plastic covering the entire screen. At least, wasn't in case of my X9000h.
@IonHawk @Love4sound its becoming very confusing. What to do?

Samsung QLED comes with a protective screen layer. Not sure about Sony LCD. Checking the usage hours is one of the first few things that should be on your list. Also, inspect the way the unit is packed. The factory-sealed units are pretty solid, and it's a bit difficult to repack a demo unit with such pristine order.

Edit:-

Last edited:
If there is no way to check the usage hours just check with other owners if it comes with protective film. Customer care gives many wrong information and won’t have product knowledge. Probably the support who spoke to you googled and replied. Also check for unboxing videos in YouTube.

There's no protective film that I can discern on my TV. Not sure what the customer support is on about. OLEDs apparently have this on the whole screen but not the FALD or regular LED tvs. This is what I found from Google as well. As someone else said, the real test is to check the panel hours which can only be done once it's installed, but you still have recourse at the time, although it will involve fighting with Amazon or whoever sold you the tv.

There is no protective film on the x9000H that I had bought recently.

Do check the usage hours from the reddit post, remember, you might have to try it 3-4 times before actually reaching that screening.

Thanks everyone for the help. From youtube videos also it looks like there is no protection layer.
I will surely try to check the usage hours.

Thanks everyone for the help. From youtube videos also it looks like there is no protection layer.
I will surely try to check the usage hours.
I bought mine just few weeks ago and the screen didn't have any protection film. the bazels were covered and so was the back where its written Bravia... the first thing i did post installation was check the usage hours... this is my 4th TV in the last 10 years and never have i seen a film protection for the screen. I think it comes mainly on OLED , LG CX surely does come with it...

I bought mine just few weeks ago and the screen didn't have any protection film. the bazels were covered and so was the back where its written Bravia... the first thing i did post installation was check the usage hours... this is my 4th TV in the last 10 years and never have i seen a film protection for the screen. I think it comes mainly on OLED , LG CX surely does come with it...
Did you use the method mentioned in the reditt post to check usage hours. Can you elaborate this method

So what does the general readout be in such cases, a few hours or 0 exactly? Is it not like the few km on a new car, some hours from the testing?

2nd order was delivered today and this also did not have the protective layer on screen. However everywhere else it was covered.
One doubt though on the box it looked like it was tampered
Plz look at the attached images and advise.

Attachments

• IMG-20210817-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210817-WA0003.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-20210817-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210817-WA0002.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 48
Yes, its obvious the original seal has been removed and its been re sealed.
If the cosmetic condition is intact and the TV is operating fine, I would not stress about the state of the box. It could have been opened for a variety of reasons.
You have nothing to worry about. The TV has a warranty with Sony (I assume they honor online purchases from other websites). If anything is wrong, call them up to inspect, replace or fix it.
My X7500 did not come with any protective layer on the screen. It had the usual plastic cling film like covering on the plastic borders of the screen (as reported by others), over the brand name and over the top ventilation covers at the back and right behind it. All the associated accessories such as stand, cables, were all intact and in their original packaging which is a sealed bag. There were no marks on the screw holes either which would generally indicate if it has been mounted on a wall mount.

Good choice on the TV make and model.

Last edited:
2nd order was delivered today and this also did not have the protective layer on screen. However everywhere else it was covered.
One doubt though on the box it looked like it was tampered
Plz look at the attached images and advise.
If it's an imported unit, it's possible that the seal was broken during the customs inspection.

You are worrying too much, my friend. When they unbox the unit for installation, keep an eye on the plastic laminates over the Bazzle, they may not be intact in case of a re-pack (highly unlikely, though). Verify the run-time hours, and that's all, enjoy the TV.

No they don't. Must be assembly from kits.
I am surprised by that Made in India label. They pulled out of manufacturing in India two decades ago as it was cheaper to manufacture and import from Malaysia. Says a lot about our import tariff and duties.
The last time I saw a Sony that was Made in India was the old Trinitron. That was also assembled from imported kits.

No they don't. Must be assembly from kits.
I am surprised by that Made in India label. They pulled out of manufacturing in India two decades ago as it was cheaper to manufacture and import from Malaysia. Says a lot about our import tariff and duties.
The last time I saw a Sony that was Made in India was the old Trinitron. That was also assembled from imported kits.
They indeed make in India, many listings like X80AJ on Amazon, claim so in bold letters too. Of course some chips or components might have been procured externally but isn't that the case most of the time, assembly lines are called as manufacture maybe.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back