Purchased Sony x9000H , what to check on delivery

No they don't. Must be assembly from kits.
I am surprised by that Made in India label. They pulled out of manufacturing in India two decades ago as it was cheaper to manufacture and import from Malaysia. Says a lot about our import tariff and duties.
The last time I saw a Sony that was Made in India was the old Trinitron. That was also assembled from imported kits.
To get the 'Made in India' certification, you just need 30% local sourcing(depends on the product) in India. You can import the rest 70%. For a TV, that would be the SoC and panel imported, while you can have the chassis, speakers, I/O, PSU and assembly in India. Labour is cheaper in India and this allows for a reduction in the massive import duty.

Most of the electronics are 'Made in India' except for some brands like Apple who won't lose sales despite horrendous pricing.

To get the 'Made in India' certification, you just need 30% local sourcing(depends on the product) in India. You can import the rest 70%. For a TV, that would be the SoC and panel imported, while you can have the chassis, speakers, I/O, PSU and assembly in India. Labour is cheaper in India and this allows for a reduction in the massive import duty.

Most of the electronics are 'Made in India' except for some brands like Apple who won't lose sales despite horrendous pricing.
Thanks for the clarification. Installation is planned for today . I will verify screen up time as suggested by all members.

2nd order was delivered today and this also did not have the protective layer on screen. However everywhere else it was covered.
One doubt though on the box it looked like it was tampered
Plz look at the attached images and advise.
dont worry too much over it , let them install. just check the usage hours and ensure its Zero , ZERO and nothing else... mine was completely Zero...

Waris, when the installation technician installs it, just ensure there is no dead pixels or a bump in the chasis and if all ports of connectivity functions. Also ask him to show the hours of usage. Don't be bothered about the tampered external packaging. In customs or interstate point of entry some TV sets are required to be unpacked and repacked.

Thanks everyone for the support. So TV is installed . Tested a few things on you tube. Installation person didn't know how to check usage hours.
I tried the steps mentioned in the link but it didn't work. How can I check usage hours?

After disabling the AVR ARC I tried again and could reach this menu.
Here are the numbers.
00004 00004 00004
So does it mean TV was on for 4 Hrs and power cycled 4 times and panel also 4 hrs.
That's little strange.

Here are the numbers.
00004 00004 00004
So does it mean TV was on for 4 Hrs and power cycled 4 times and panel also 4 hrs.
That's little strange.
It's quite a low number so maybe its fine, as long as there's no dirty screen or visible vertical banding on some of the youtube tests. As long as the warranty is valid you should be good. Hope you enjoy the new TV

Do you know where the assembly or manufacturing plant is for Sony India? I am just curious as I could not find any information on their website.
I just checked Amazon again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210818-082738_Amazon.jpg
    Screenshot_20210818-082738_Amazon.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 35
Here are the numbers.
00004 00004 00004
That's little strange.
If the TV has no issues keep it. You are fretting too much over it. Do all the tests the fm's recommend and ensure no issues with panel. It's a model from last year it will be increasingly hard to get and also do remember one thing for amazon, if you return and replace an unboxed item 90% of the times they will replace it with an unboxed item itself.

If the TV has no issues keep it. You are fretting too much over it. Do all the tests the fm's recommend and ensure no issues with panel. It's a model from last year it will be increasingly hard to get and also do remember one thing for amazon, if you return and replace an unboxed item 90% of the times they will replace it with an unboxed item itself.
Yes, I will be running the suggested tests. I powered off the TV from mains , after switching ON now the count is 5 so it seems to be ok
Picture quality is amazing on 2k and 4K content . 1080 content depending upon source are from ok to good.
I have not tried 720P videos .

Yes, I will be running the suggested tests. I powered off the TV from mains , after switching ON now the count is 5 so it seems to be ok
Picture quality is amazing on 2k and 4K content . 1080 content depending upon source are from ok to good.
I have not tried 720P videos .
First, post some pictures. Congrats again.

Ok. So here goes my impression of the TV.
4k HDR, DOLBY VISION looks great. 1080P videos are also upscaled well. Blooming is same as that shown in rtings videos.
Here are the links to the pics I took.Please note that these pics are taken using Samsung S20 FE phone, so color reproduction is not great in these pics.
1080P videos
4K HDR PICS
4K HDR VIDEO
Blooming test

4k HDR, DOLBY VISION looks great. 1080P videos are also upscaled well. Blooming is same as that shown in rtings videos.
Here are the links to the pics I took.Please note that these pics are taken using Samsung S20 FE phone, so color reproduction is not great in these pics.
1080P videos
4K HDR PICS
4K HDR VIDEO
Blooming test
The 4k photos aren't very sharp. Maybe the camera phone isn't able to capture it in all its glory. Use a iPhone if possible. It reproduces details better than Samsung.
How much did it cost you ?
Put in a bit more and buy a oled if returnable.
If you keep the tv , enjoy . Sony picture quality will keep you happy for a long time.

The 4k photos aren't very sharp. Maybe the camera phone isn't able to capture it in all its glory. Use a iPhone if possible. It reproduces details better than Samsung.
How much did it cost you ?
Put in a bit more and buy a oled if returnable.
If you keep the tv , enjoy . Sony picture quality will keep you happy for a long time.
I will try again to add better pics. I don't have access to an iPhone though.
It cost me 1.37 after cashback. I have not gone for OLED because of concerns related to burn-in as it will be used by kids . Also LG BX right now is 1.85Lacs after 15k cashback.

1080P videos
4K HDR PICS
4K HDR VIDEO
Blooming test
Awesome, I'm really enjoying the TV, glad you are too. Cheers mate!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back