Purchased Sony x9000H , what to check on delivery

waris

Dear FMs,
I have purchased Sony x9000h from Amazon. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Can you please guide me regarding checks to follow at delivery ,Installation and post installation to insure I am getting a new TV with a good quality panel.
Thanks in advance

First of all, congrats! :)
Check if the box seems sealed, the tv itself has plastic stickers all across the bezels, and behind also. The installer will ask you if he should remove the stickers, I preferred to do it myself (feel this 50% of the fun of buying new tech :D)

I used this thread for getting the panel usage info by going into service menu. Mine was 0 indicating it was a new box piece:

Apart from that open YouTube and check for Dirty screen effect, vertical banding and they will help you check for dirty panel or any abnormal banding, issues with back lighting etc. If the above 2 tests are fine then you're good and we get into the good stuff.

Use https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900h/settings for doing picture calibration. Videos available for the same on YouTube as well if you prefer video.

Post all this, enjoy! :D

Last edited:
First of all, congrats! :)
Check if the box seems sealed, the tv itself has plastic stickers all across the bezels, and behind also. The installer will ask you if he should remove the stickers, I preferred to do it myself (feel this 50% of the fun of buying new tech :D)

I used this thread for getting the panel usage info by going into service menu. Mine was 0 indicating it was a new box piece:

Apart from that open YouTube and check for Dirty screen effect, colour banding and they will help you check for dirty panel or any abnormal banding, issues with back lighting etc. If the above 2 tests are fine then you're good and we get into the good stuff.

Use https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900h/settings for doing picture calibration. Videos available for the same on YouTube as well if you prefer video.

Post all this, enjoy! :D
Thank you dear.
Can you plz explain What is color banding and how to check it?
Also I read that packing should have cellophone tape?

Congrats and 9000h is a highly recommended tv set. So you will have good viewing pleasure. Installation guy will come seperately and will open the box and install. Check with him if there is no damage or pixel uniformity issues which he will ensure himself. Try different platforms. Try hdmis and volume settings. You make sure he hands you the yellow Sony warranty card which usually comes with Sony TV's.

Congrats and 9000h is a highly recommended tv set. So you will have good viewing pleasure. Installation guy will come seperately and will open the box and install. Check with him if there is no damage or pixel uniformity issues which he will ensure himself. Try different platforms. Try hdmis and volume settings. You make sure he hands you the yellow Sony warranty card which usually comes with Sony TV's.
@Donivlapog @IonHawk
Amazon has given the option of open box inspection at the time of delivery. So for physical damage I can not claim later.

No he meant the layer on TV front glass similar to that on smartphones.
Factory box out pieces will have them intact. Fag end of inventory supply chain cycles of slightly older model TVs, as I am observing in this forum are increasingly delivered with blemishes. Can't mind wondering if they are trying to push away rejects from other customers one last time before these TVs are taken back to their yards for spare parts mining and shredding the unusable remains. Disclaimers - Caveat emptor and my personal opinion is that - if minor and not so noticable difference is found by the buyer for a sugary deal he can accept and use it. But otherwise if sold for the normal market rates, you may well buy a latest model tv instead of accepting one in a soiled condition. When you buy a new electronic device, you know pretty well that it will be used eventually after unpacking, scratches are inevitable, it won't remain in the factory manufactured condition but, and it's a big but, it is human psychology to want to receive a blemish-less new product at first go. So catch 22.

2cents worth of advice: ignore Ratings settings & just use the Standrad mode for viewing. Picture quality is perfect out of the box.

No he meant the layer on TV front glass similar to that on smartphones.
The protective plastic sticker was mainly on the bezels, plus the plastic blurb type thingy stuck to the corner of the screen. There was also plastic on the back which also has to be peeled off. But there wouldn't be any plastic covering the entire screen. At least, wasn't in case of my X9000h.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back