Qobuz sounds better than Tidal Hifi on my set up

With Roon Qobuz sounds much better than using Qobuz directly. Try it
So, in effect Roon software processes incoming signal to make it sound better (or different)?
I will try the free trial offered by Roon and see if I like it enough to subscribe.
First I have to find out if my streamer- DAC allows. There seem to be terms like “Roon enabled “ and “Roon Ready” which are different.

So, in effect Roon software processes incoming signal to make it sound better (or different)?
I will try the free trial offered by Roon and see if I like it enough to subscribe.
First I have to find out if my streamer- DAC allows. There seem to be terms like “Roon enabled “ and “Roon Ready” which are different.
U need you to have a Roon enabled (Roon endpoint) in your streamer and then u need a Roon Core (I use an old Mac Mini) and my Dac is a 18bit/96khz. Roon handles it

U need you to have a Roon enabled (Roon endpoint) in your streamer and then u need a Roon Core (I use an old Mac Mini) and my Dac is a 18bit/96khz. Roon handles it
Thank you. I need to think this through as I do not have a computer in the chain to use as a Core.
I too use Lindemann Limetree (Network + DAC), so the…”Roon end point” part is ok(?)

Thank you. I need to think this through as I do not have a computer in the chain to use as a Core.
I too use Lindemann Limetree (Network + DAC), so the…”Roon end point” part is ok(?)
i bought an old Mac Mini for 21k on OlX for this purpose. Does the job some times is slow but much cheaper than a roon core. You could also try installing roon core on an old laptop or desktop

i bought an old Mac Mini for 21k on OlX for this purpose. Does the job some times is slow but much cheaper than a roon core. You could also try installing roon core on an old laptop or desktop
Thanks. Will consider this.
Have been trying to simplify the chain (Integrated amp, DAC +Streamer in one unit…)

Guys one question to you all using Qobuz, is the library same as Tidal or better?
What about Indian or bollywood content?

Tidal + roon playlists are shit, I 90% time use roon radio feature, search song and let it play related songs.

OT:
Do you have a sub with LS50W-II?
Cheers,
Raghu
I did try to pair them with my REL, but after a few days, I abandoned that idea. I found the native bass is pretty good for a moderate size room, so I decided to run it without a sub.

Guys one question to you all using Qobuz, is the library same as Tidal or better?
What about Indian or bollywood content?

Tidal + roon playlists are shit, I 90% time use roon radio feature, search song and let it play related songs.
Libraries are pretty comparable but the playlist is better in Qobuz.

I was curious to find out for myself which streaming service sounded better and so I got a Qobuz subscription a week before the Tidal subscription ended recently so I could listen and discover. As per my brief inter web search Qobuz streams lossless (FLAC mostly, sometimes MP3 @320kbps) Tidal seems to stream less in FLAC.

Sharing a personal preference after listening to a few songs from a few albums by the following artists (same albums/recordings as far as I could tell)

Arooj Aftab- Vulture Prince
Beck - Morning Phase
Dire straits- Brothers in Arms
Ben Harper - Diamonds on the inside
Ry Cooder - Chavez Ravine
Ali Farka Toure - Savane (2019 remaster)
Daniel Lanois - Shine

In my set up I played back around 20 songs from these albums (switching between Tidal and Qobuz was a bit tedious) Qobuz definitely sounded better. Tidal HiFi playback was non MQA. Perceptions may vary in different set ups and my listening choices were limited.

So, I felt the AQ was clearer, deeper and was more dynamic on Qobuz. Just saying….

Disclaimer: I have no financial links with these companies or derive any other benefits….blah blah

My set up: Streamer to Integrated Tube amp to stand mount speakers and a subwoofer; Room - 12’x15’, minimal treatment
Interesting!! never have got a qobuz subscription to compare.

I was curious to find out for myself which streaming service sounded better and so I got a Qobuz subscription a week before the Tidal subscription ended recently so I could listen and discover. As per my brief inter web search Qobuz streams lossless (FLAC mostly, sometimes MP3 @320kbps) Tidal seems to stream less in FLAC.

Sharing a personal preference after listening to a few songs from a few albums by the following artists (same albums/recordings as far as I could tell)

Arooj Aftab- Vulture Prince
Beck - Morning Phase
Dire straits- Brothers in Arms
Ben Harper - Diamonds on the inside
Ry Cooder - Chavez Ravine
Ali Farka Toure - Savane (2019 remaster)
Daniel Lanois - Shine

In my set up I played back around 20 songs from these albums (switching between Tidal and Qobuz was a bit tedious) Qobuz definitely sounded better. Tidal HiFi playback was non MQA. Perceptions may vary in different set ups and my listening choices were limited.

So, I felt the AQ was clearer, deeper and was more dynamic on Qobuz. Just saying….

Disclaimer: I have no financial links with these companies or derive any other benefits….blah blah

My set up: Streamer to Integrated Tube amp to stand mount speakers and a subwoofer; Room - 12’x15’, minimal treatment
+1 even I felt so

And for some reason I am still yet to understand Radio paradise sounds even better than Qobuz.

This being a Radio station, it’s not possible to do A-B comparisons (takes time to search and select song on Qobuz)

But switching between them the difference is immediately apparent (on my set up)

Has anyone else noticed this?

Any explanation? Or theories?
I have noticed once the song " riders on the storm " sounded very dynamic on radio paradise compared to tidal /qobuz .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back