quality of indian branded speakers

Hi,

Try Acoustic portrait (Corrson). I am using their speakers since 2004 and they are of very high quality.

rgds,
Venu

Dear friends,
Here in Chennai one Mr.Mark is manufacturing different varieties of speakers under the brand name Craftel and his enterprise goes by the name Audio Craft.I once had a chance of an audition of his speakers and the sound effect is pleasing to the ears though technically I cannot speak much as I am only a novice..I am going for his speakers once I have completed my work on the music cabinet I am planning to work.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

hi
venkatcr wanted to audition high end craftek spks and give us a review some time back.I still am waiting for it.

hi
venkatcr wanted to audition high end craftek spks and give us a review some time back.I still am waiting for it.

I have called Mark a few times for the products. I have yet to receive anything from him. I will call him again on Monday and see what he says.

Cheers

I would add Laya Aoucstics in Bangalore to that list of Indian brand speakers..quality stuff.drivers produced in house as well excluding tweeters.

Audire Technologies in Coimbatore makes good single driver speakers.

Surprised nobody remembered them ... :)

Cheers

With so many Indian manufacturers out there, I fail to see why a majority of them don't have decent websites to attract attention. Specially the speakers manufacturers. Why can't Craftel and others spend a little time and imagination to come up with a basic website that showcases models and their prices? Is it that very difficult in India, where web developers are in abundance?

With so many Indian manufacturers out there, I fail to see why a majority of them don't have decent websites to attract attention. Specially the speakers manufacturers. Why can't Craftel and others spend a little time and imagination to come up with a basic website that showcases models and their prices? Is it that very difficult in India, where web developers are in abundance?

Good point!
It is only because of this 'laid back' attitude why people go to foreign brands- audition them, share experiences, write reviews and thus the brand gains popularity, builds there value, credibility, brand name and ultimatelly ends in a sale.

--
Bryston + B&W

actually what i am talking about is that most of the parts are imported from like denmark etc..will the indian speakers be any good then...i also doubt research work here in india....

If our automobile engineers got hold of Ferrari & Lamborghini engines and tried to design a world class sports car around them, its unlikely they easily can without years of R&D to develop the rest of the car to its optimum level. Likewise for speakers, getting the best drivers is a good start but cannot easily ensure that the outcome will be the best. To develop loudspeakers that match with the performance of the top brands, requires very high expertise, resources, equipment and experience. Thats the reason there are many who try and few who succeed. The top brands design the driver, crossover, enclosure and all parts of the loudspeaker system for each other to work together optimally which gives the high performance they offer

After reading this thread my interest has sparked. I w was looking for a subwoofer to complement my audioengine a5.
I am now considering the Acoustic Potrait Monitor Series MS - S01 sub woofer.
Acoustic Portrait

Anybody have any experience with this subwoofer, anybody know the price ?

Hi,
I am thinking of purchasing Indian Brand speakers for my Marantz 8002, 125X7 W RMS. I have read that Front and center speakers must be matched and same for good sound. I had purchased once from Norge, Mumbai- a stereo ampli, a pair of bookshelf. They are having good floor standers but donot manufacture centre speakers. Otherwise the speaker is good. I am trying to audition Acostic portrait once, may be in Mumbai. Does any one know, who stocks them in Mumbai? Thanks.:)

We heard another Indian brand in Mumbai meet & sounded good too-
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/35226-shoot-out-navi-mumbai-mumbai-meet-2013-a-23.html

2013-02-10102059_zpsa992ef97.jpg

2013-02-10101301_zps55dbb787.jpg

Very interesting subject.Would like to extend the topic are to why we are unaware about Indian brands despite we have so many.
I think we should all promote Made in India audio industry to help get them world class and that would also save us lot of money and get better after sales service. I found some issue with existing manufacturers:
- Design. They have to go up from box piece to fluid designs.
- Cater to noise and hums in electronics.
- Cater to all and not just Indian music.
- proper marketing in all major audio magazines and media.
- Conduct shows / events to spread awareness.
- Tie-ups with Public addressing projects so as to generate money for R&D.
- Have DIY kits for ppl to make them familiarize with audio components and generate interest in Indian brands.
- Sponsor Audio related courses in famous institutes so as to generate knowledge and awareness.
- Have more flexible demo plans for customers like what SVS / HSU and other internet direct companies have in US.
- Give clear description of their products everywhere.
- Have proper demo rooms in their cities.
- Make complete packages and sell as Indian customers are too lazy at times(not all are) to do any research.
- Work more on soundproofing that blends well into Indian households as we do not have much real estate unlike US and other European nations. SO design should be clever.
- Rather than pulling other Indian counterparts .. work with them to create world-class hub as most developed nations right now are going in saturation phase while Indian market is opening up.
- using low quality products dents the image of Indian products in long run. The inspiration has to from top manufactures but at same time should be well within Indian mentality / imagination / tolerance and fresh appeal. Too much quirky design like some European brands in name of fashion might be too risky / costly.
- Cost should be not too cheap but not very costly either.
- Proper brands name / logos. This is the first impression that customer gets and most Indian brands screw it up royally.
- Show references . People in India always trust brands more that have better repute with the customers.
- Generate Media noise of all form.

Hope forum members would add more points so that Indian companies reading this keep all points as bookmarks and work on it.

Just my more than $0.2 cents.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back