Query: Looking for LP rack from pepperfry.com

omishra

Guys,

I am looking for a rack which could store atleast 1000 LPs each. I sorted out few things -

Sheesham Wood Tall Book Rack | Racks & Book Cases | Book Racks | Pepperfry Product
12 Shelf Display Unit In Sheesham Wood | Racks & Book Cases | Shelves | Pepperfry Product
Sheesham Wood Contemporary Book Shelf | Racks & Book Cases | Book Racks | Pepperfry Product
Sophisticated Sheesham Wood Book Shelf | Racks & Book Cases | Book Racks | Pepperfry Product

I am interested in first one.

But I read so much bad about this above site, I am hesitant to try it out.
Does anybody has any experience with this site?

I was having a crude idea of buying shoe racks sold at furniture bazaar or reliance mart and use them for storing vinyls. It is sold 3.5 or 4.5K.

We can also attempt to cut a small portion of the door and replace it with glass, so that record covers will be visible through it.

But then I could manage some space from existing furniture

Guys,

I am looking for a rack which could store atleast 1000 LPs each. I sorted out few things -

Sheesham Wood Tall Book Rack | Racks & Book Cases | Book Racks | Pepperfry Product
12 Shelf Display Unit In Sheesham Wood | Racks & Book Cases | Shelves | Pepperfry Product
Sheesham Wood Contemporary Book Shelf | Racks & Book Cases | Book Racks | Pepperfry Product
Sophisticated Sheesham Wood Book Shelf | Racks & Book Cases | Book Racks | Pepperfry Product

I am interested in first one.

I was looking for a good rack for my components and this site has some good racks that interest me. Can you tell me the problems that you read about this site?

I was looking for a good rack for my components and this site has some good racks that interest me. Can you tell me the problems that you read about this site?
I read that they don't have any customer care, and proven true as Whenever i tried to contact neither get any chat session working nor anybody ever picked up phone.
Same sentiments on mouthshut reviews. 70% people do not recommend it. Not sure where my money will go though I can get reversal from credit card.

I bought a couple of items from them. Last one was a sheesham coffee table. Shipping was prompt for both of them. But the coffee table packaging was very bad and the icing on the cake was missing hex socket head countersunk screws to assemble the table. It was shipped from some manufacturer in Rajasthan.
Initially the customer care told to buy the screws locally and they would pay for them. The nuts were embedded in the wood. This meant I had to carry the whole big & heavy wood and run around shops to buy the matching screws (as if hex socket head countersunk screws with the matching thread was something you would find anywhere and everywhere). When explained about this, they said "saar it's a hassle for us to send you just some screws....please try at your end". Only on shouting at them they agreed to ship the screws. It took more than a months time to go back and forth with the customer care to get the screws and finally assemble it.
So, no points for guessing.....it was the last item I shopped from them.

why dont you guys just buy sheets of marine plywood and get a carpenter to make a good rack??? I did that and it worked out quite swell!

why dont you guys just buy sheets of marine plywood and get a carpenter to make a good rack??? I did that and it worked out quite swell!

My trusted carpenter is spending his holidays in Rajasthan. and my wife is bugging me for all around scattered records. So I am in hurry. But it seems late is best than never. I have to wait.

You could also try FabFurnish.com
There are lots of solid wood furniture factories in Pune who work with modern wood working machines (not the neighborhood carpenter type). You could try visiting them. If they don't have any, you provide any design and they will replicate it. One such example is Rawat Furniture. There are some in Kondhwa. One such factory is nearby my place.

Finally got it made from local carpenter. Look like this.
Sample record is kept inside. Cubes are 13" X 13" X 13" inside. Made from 18mm commercial ply and laminated from all sides including bottom and top too. Cost: 10.5K

image766t.jpg

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back