Rare Find - Pioneer PL-15 TT & Pioneer CS-15 Spks

Sorry for the delayed post but the story behind these speakers and the turntable is amazing!!

All the very best Santhosh, I'm in the process of realizing my dream Technics speakers as well, wanted to have the SB7000 or SB A 53 speakers but unfortunately, the A 53 available for our fellow forum member, though in immaculate condition, is way beyond my budget. I'm settling for its younger sibling, the A33. Thanks to another forum member who has been very kind and transparent.

Btw, I've recall seeing a similar looking set of speakers paired with a reel to reel, when I was a kid. I recall admiring them for a long long time, till my dad returned the magazine to the library. I still remember him telling me that each speaker had a 5 watt rating. I recall a number of those models even today. My next avtaar would probably be to complete my rack with a good reel to reel.
Thanks reubensm.

All the very best for completion of your dream setup. I can relate to how you feel as I too am like that. With respect to automobiles, I have managed to buy a LHD Willys Jeep and a Yamaha RD350 that I was so fond of since my childhood. So I can relate to how you feel about putting together a system just like you had in your childhood. I still have vivid memories of sound signatures of various systems from my childhood to teenage. Gives me goosepimples when I hear something similar today:):
  • Our Philips Radiogram
  • Tube Radio at my grandmom's place
  • My neighbour's Technic's system
  • Sansui system at the cassette recording shop
  • First car system(SQ not SPL) that I got me into ICE
  • etc

Dear Santhosh, see that you use a Marantz CD63SE. My CD63SE has stopped reading all discs. Guess the laser transport requires a change. Going to order one from Singapore, online.
Srinisundar in Chennai got the transport of his CD63SE replaced recently and found finding original transports for this model has become very difficult offlate. So, we may want to search on eBay and stock up.

Thanks Captain for your support, you were one of those few people whom I had discussed this plan with.

About audiophiling the entire house..LOL. Yes, I have one too many systems, need to streamline now.

Hey Santhosh,

Fabulous find buddy. The missionary zeal with which you go about 'audiophiling' your house is truly inspirational.

All the best.

Rajesh

Now what he needs a true multi-room amp that can drive 6 pairs of speakers in different rooms ... :eek:hyeah: Walk out of one room to be enveloped in the sound of the same music in the next room ... and the next ... in a smooth continuity of sound :licklips:

--G0bble

Santhosh,

Congrats on this wonderful piece of acquisition. The TT looks really good.

Cheers.
Thanks Anil for your kind words.

Now what he needs a true multi-room amp that can drive 6 pairs of speakers in different rooms ... :eek:hyeah: Walk out of one room to be enveloped in the sound of the same music in the next room ... and the next ... in a smooth continuity of sound :licklips:

--G0bble
LOL.....That would be our version of Bose Stereo Everywhere :D
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/popup/tech_details/pop_stereo_every_spkrs.jsp

Update: As advised by Sachin(sachu888) and Manav (malvai), I have ordered the replacement stylus from JICO, Japan. Both claim they sound better(sonically) than the original stylus. Cost me Rs.1660 inclusive of shipping. Expect the Stylus to reach me by end of this month.

Phonograph Stylus : Pioneer > PN10

Will be ordering the belt along with Hiten as he needs a spare belt for his Pioneer PL-12D too.

Thanks cmsajith, you should take the plunge into the Vinyl world. How are the ATC's doing?

Captain,
Will keep my eyes and ears open for a sweet TT deal for you:).

Captain,
Will keep my eyes and ears open for a sweet TT deal for you:).

Hey Santhosh, so nice of you for such a generous offer. You seem to have all the luck:eek:hyeah:; if you do that, I'd be rubbed with some of the luck I hope and guess what, I'll have my time basking in the reflected glory. :clapping:

Santhosh,
Bro, just out of curiosity I measured the actual belt length with thread it comes out to be approx 25.2 (total circumference) so I think 23.6 belt should be enough. Actually little more would be better little less will be tight and transmit motor noise easily. what say ???

Santhosh,
Bro, just out of curiosity I measured the actual belt length with thread it comes out to be approx 25.2 (total circumference) so I think 23.6 belt should be enough. Actually little more would be better little less will be tight and transmit motor noise easily. what say ???

Hi Hiten,
If you confused about belt length,try Kabusa.com(KAB).You can find belt for your TT
KAB Electro Acoustics http://www.kabusa.com
You can ask KAvin,he is really helpful and will guide you.

Rregards,
Sachin

Santhosh,
Hmmm Hiten, instead can we not go for a 23.2 belt and stretch it a bit (4/10th of an inch) as required:).

When in doubt, wait for the TT gurus:).

So TT Gurus, the problem that Hitenbhai and I are facing is that some sites say the belt measure size is 23.2 while other sites say it is 23.6. When Hiten measured the length of his Pioneer PL-12D belt with a thread, it shows 25.2 approximately. So we are undecided on our next steps. HELP!!

PS: In my experience, I have learnt(the hard way) that measurements by different tape measures to vary.

Hmmm Hiten, instead can we not go for a 23.2 belt and stretch it a bit (4/10th of an inch) as required:).

When in doubt, wait for the TT gurus:).

So TT Gurus, the problem that Hitenbhai and I are facing is that some sites say the belt measure size is 23.2 while other sites say it is 23.6. When Hiten measured the length of his Pioneer PL-12D belt with a thread, it shows 25.2 approximately. So we are undecided on our next steps. HELP!!

PS: In my experience, I have learnt(the hard way) that measurements by different tape measures to vary.

Hi Santhosh,
You can contact Kavin at Kabusa.com for correct belt size of your TT.Please find this link for correct measurement of belt.
KAB Electro Acoustics http://www.kabusa.com
Regards,
Sachin

Thanks sachin for the link.
Santhosh here is an interesting link.
How to determine the size of worn or lost belts for replacement
so accordingly belt for turntable should be 3% to 5% LESS than measured length. So for this TT with length of 25.2 inches (less 5% is 1.3") comes to about 23.9 so I guess it should be OK. If it is little tight we can use secret recipe :D.
Also please measure total length (turntable to pulley) of your TT. will purchase the belts tomorrow.
Regards

Thanks reubensm.

All the very best for completion of your dream setup. I can relate to how you feel as I too am like that. With respect to automobiles, I have managed to buy a LHD Willys Jeep and a Yamaha RD350 that I was so fond of since my childhood. So I can relate to how you feel about putting together a system just like you had in your childhood. I still have vivid memories of sound signatures of various systems from my childhood to teenage. Gives me goosepimples when I hear something similar today:):
  • Our Philips Radiogram
  • Tube Radio at my grandmom's place
  • My neighbour's Technic's system
  • Sansui system at the cassette recording shop
  • First car system(SQ not SPL) that I got me into ICE
  • etc

Srinisundar in Chennai got the transport of his CD63SE replaced recently and found finding original transports for this model has become very difficult offlate. So, we may want to search on eBay and stock up.

RD350...legendary!!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back