Re-mastering in India, has it gone pathetic??

KonfuSed

Two recent incidents,
1. Michael Jackson's Indian Collection( his most popular songs in India). These discs sounds really harsh and the low frequencies were missing or messed up very badly and the high frequencies seemed to be pumped up. I compared the songs to that of History and both have very different sound signatures. By Sony BMG.
2. Don Williams: Very best of.. There is a very much audible hiss in the tracks. It sounds as if being recorded from a cassette. I was thinking it probably sounds like that only but today when I listened to the same song at Vector it was heaven and earth different. By MusicIndia.

So is there a big difference between indian manufactured CD's and that of imported ones? Or this trend has just recently started? I don't know about other CD's as they are sounding quite ok for me taster except these two, so might be just a one off case? I was only thinking that these issues are plagued mostly in DVD's but even Audio CD's too :-(

Two recent incidents,
1. Michael Jackson's Indian Collection( his most popular songs in India). These discs sounds really harsh and the low frequencies were missing or messed up very badly and the high frequencies seemed to be pumped up. I compared the songs to that of History and both have very different sound signatures. By Sony BMG.
2. Don Williams: Very best of.. There is a very much audible hiss in the tracks. It sounds as if being recorded from a cassette. I was thinking it probably sounds like that only but today when I listened to the same song at Vector it was heaven and earth different. By MusicIndia.

So is there a big difference between indian manufactured CD's and that of imported ones? Or this trend has just recently started? I don't know about other CD's as they are sounding quite ok for me taster except these two, so might be just a one off case? I was only thinking that these issues are plagued mostly in DVD's but even Audio CD's too :-(

Hi konfuSed, the same story in the "Duke Ellington's Centenary edition"
Jazz album. The imported edition is superb. But in the Indian edition, only
60% of the former.
Regards.

It is not just the remastering.. the pressings suck too and i think it was always bad...my cds way back from 97 really suck,. in fact other than japanese almost every other asian pressing sucks :(
Ive tried Singapore, malaysian, Indonasian... all bad.

I think if we are all spending so much on our hifi gear, we must take care to only import CDs then. This will teach the record companies a lesson and they will come begging to us on their knees, maybe offer a free CDP with every purchase of 1000/- or above in desperation maybe? ;):D:eek:hyeah:

Cheers

Hmmm a correction I need to make. I've downloaded Gypsy Woman flac just to check if this might be a recording problem and that also has the hiss. That was supposed to be a US release CD, although can't confirm it anyway.

Not that all indian versions are bad, I for instance love the CD Lounge Safari, all the songs sounds so good.

Problem is that not many people are bothered about the quality of pressings.
The 'music systems'/mp3-players etc in which they listen to their music aren't resolving enough for them to discern a poor recording.

Cheap is good and cheap is what music companies deliver.
Cant blame them. They are already fighting a losing battle against piracy..

Well ..there ends my rant.

Cheap is good and cheap is what music companies deliver.
Cant blame them. They are already fighting a losing battle against piracy.
You can never fight piracy with just cheap. After all it's hard to be cheaper than free. The only way to fight piracy is with quality at a reasonable price (not necesarily cheap). But quality is something that is totally alien to Indian companies and which is why they will always be fighting a losing battle against piracy.

Anthology - 2 disc set of Bryan Adams' hits compilation. I am so disappointed with the quality of sound. I understand that Bryan has that signature husk in his voice. But this is sheer bad quality recording. Don't remember the brand, cd kept in another room and me on my sleeping bed already! :lol:
(sent from mobile device)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back