Recommendation for budget speakers around 6k

yashaskm11

Looking to purchase my first pair of speakers on a tight budget of around 6-7k INR, so far I've shortlisted JBL 104BT and Edifier R1080BT. Edifier 1280DBs are at 11k INR more than 50% costlier, is it worth saving for 5-6 months and buying them?

Looking to purchase my first pair of speakers on a tight budget of around 6-7k INR, so far I've shortlisted JBL 104BT and Edifier R1080BT. Edifier 1280DBs are at 11k INR more than 50% costlier, is it worth saving for 5-6 months and buying them?
Absolutely not. Returned it faster than i could say "return". Bluetooth connectivity is also atrocious and requires a separate Bluetooth receiver to sound half decent.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, they don't ship to my location :-(
I doubt if they ship to any location. Just try any major cities pincode and they will not deliver. These are methods followed as when person searches in google their website gets prominence. Same as Amazon india. They will show product but when clicked they say 'currently not available'

here is one speaker amplifier link. Based in Thane.
https://www.doogesound.com/
products are chinese. There are kits, drivers, and ready amps and speaker products within budget.
No affiliation to seller and purchase at your own risk.

regards.

I checked the products at doogesound. So a little correction is required. The amps they have are made in Mumbai. 'some' models looks like well made if one can tolerate the aesthetics. The dealer seems to have real shop at Thane.
https://www.indiamart.com/abg-traders/
regds

so far I've shortlisted JBL 104BT and Edifier R1080BT
Between these two, its the JBL, eyes and ears closed.
Edifier do have nice sounding speakers. Its a no contest here though.
Do note that I have no experience with this particular JBL. However; I do have a JBL Horizon and get between decent to average sound for what is essentially a clock radio. I am 200% sure they do a way better job with reference monitors.

IMHO at that range, you could go with either, would recommend JBL for the brand. Amazon prime day sale is coming up and you may see discounts on these and other speakers.

Have you considered buying creative or Logitech speakers along with a fiio btr3 Bluetooth receiver? The combo might come within your budget and would sound good for the price.

You could even consider getting an Amazon echo dot along with a 2.1 creative/Logitech speakers. I am personally using such a combo and it sounds quite good.

MaSh

Thanks for the responses, I've narrowed down on JBL 104 BT since I'm looking for desktop speakers and don't have enough room for a 2.1 setup. Hope they are discounted during the sale 🤞.

in that price range if you can get your hands on some insignia NS-B2111 used ones. after breakin, excellent for that price range.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back