Region-Feee Blu-Ray Player Options

soamz

Hi, I currently have a Panasonic 220 Blu-Ray player.
It was bought from USA and only works with Region FREE or USA Blu-Ray discs.

Since the firmware info website is closed, so no meaning keeping this player anymore.

I will sell it off and now looking for a region free player, which supports all regions and can play USB , and select subtitle file too for USB movies.

Any recommendations ?

Do you have or plan to buy a lot of blurays discs which are region locked to B or C? I too have a region A locked BDP but I found that most of the discs available are region A compatible.

I already have a huge collection and most of them were bought from Amazon UK.

So, mostly dont play.

Since the firmware info website is closed, so no meaning keeping this player anymore.

I will sell it off and now looking for a region free player, which supports all regions and can play USB , and select subtitle file too for USB movies.

Any recommendations ?

Sorry but... I'm not able to understand your statement... "Since the firmware info website is closed, so no meaning keeping this player anymore."

Once you have the firmware upgraded and made it region free, whats the hickup? even if the firmwareinfo site has closed. How does that affect you or your player in anyway.

Even I've the same player bought from the US and have made it RF and it will remain for lifetime.

I mean mine is not a hacked firmware

Okay got it.

Well there is another company selling the same region free firmware but its expensive. The CD provided contains the enhanced region free firmware and is priced at GBP 60.00. Link below for your information.

TPS

Okay got it.

Well there is another company selling the same region free firmware but its expensive. The CD provided contains the enhanced region free firmware and is priced at GBP 60.00. Link below for your information.

TPS

I guess, its better to find a new player, which plays USB movies with subtitles, because this Panasonic one doesnt do that.

It doesnt let you select the subtitle for downloaded files.

So, it doesnt make sense spending 6000 INR on this.

Do you know any new players in market, which meets my need ?

I guess, its better to find a new player, which plays USB movies with subtitles, because this Panasonic one doesnt do that.

It doesnt let you select the subtitle for downloaded files.

So, it doesnt make sense spending 6000 INR on this.

Do you know any new players in market, which meets my need ?

You can try blu ray players from Pioneer, I believe that these can be made region free by firmware upgrade freely available.

Hey, I just checked with the player and its plays video files with subtitles on usb. It does not play .srt files but you have to convert the .srt to .ssa.

You can use a tool called "Convert SRT To SSA by Macallan (freeware)". It does batch convert processing too, saves lot of time. There are a few customs functions which you can set before conversion, like font, font size, colour, etc.
You can have both the .srt as well as .ssa files for other players which are compatible.

Once converted, its show time.

Hey, I just checked with the player and its plays video files with subtitles on usb. It does not play .srt files but you have to convert the .srt to .ssa.

You can use a tool called "Convert SRT To SSA by Macallan (freeware)". It does batch convert processing too, saves lot of time. There are a few customs functions which you can set before conversion, like font, font size, colour, etc.
You can have both the .srt as well as .ssa files for other players which are compatible.

Once converted, its show time.

Hi, is this information regarding the Pioneer blue ray players of Panasonic one that OP has?

Any recommendations ?

If you are really planning to sell it off, is it a 3D BR player?

Thanks, what is the expected sale price.. I have a normal BR player, and currently looking for an add on to experience just 3D. Hope it will help

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back