Region Problem with Lenovo DVD Drive

Hey guys,I want a little clarification here. I thought computer based DVD Players will be easier to use as compared to regular DVDPs. After all the DVD player by itself is a raw unit, and most of the control is through software. So then why all this hulla bulla about region code restriction and that you can change only 5 times and all? Does the 5 times restriction exist even for regular DVD Players?

I have used Dell, IBM, and Toshiba laptops, and I have never encountered this issue. So I am curious. Sometime ago I used to watch a lot of movies on my laptop with headphones on.

Cheers

Hi Venkat

Some manufacturers implement region code some don't. sony typically does for example.

Regards

Is your lap under warentee??
Call service center - and see if any solution is there
International warentee is honoured in India at lease i have excellent expereince of HP/Compaq
Also my friewnd had region issues on his philips HTIB - he called service guy - I exp[lained him what is region lock ( he is not hi fi buff) the service guy arrived in absence and sorted the problem!!

Is your lap under warentee??
Call service center - and see if any solution is there
International warentee is honoured in India at lease i have excellent expereince of HP/Compaq
Also my friewnd had region issues on his philips HTIB - he called service guy - I exp[lained him what is region lock ( he is not hi fi buff) the service guy arrived in absence and sorted the problem!!

Warrantee is over now .:sad:

Back