Renovating my Home Theater Room - Need your guidance

Here are a few pictures:

80385_full.jpg

80481_full.jpg

80377_full.jpg

80383_full.jpg

Thanks,

Man! This is looking like a million $$$ home theater. I hope you spent lesser :)

hey - is the projector screen a manual pull down or motorized? I am planning to move back to my house in faridabad and main wall of the house in living room is planned to host the screen. I am thinking of a good wooden pelmet to house the top part of the screen. But frequent manual pulling down will leave track marks on backwall. Also a little worried about airflow causing the screen to flutter.
Any advices?

Hi Anm,

The screen is manual pull down with controlled retraction and auto-lock at any point during pull down. I was looking for a fixed screen but a 10 feet wide fixed screen was costing in lakhs of rupees! Where as I spent just about 17K on this one.

The frequent manual pulling down should not leave any track marks on the back wall as the screen actually remains an inch or two away from the wall. I cannot confirm 100% as I have paneling and fabric behind the screen so I wont know even if it touches once in a while.

I do not have any fan in the room. Just a split AC. I have never seen the screen moving. I guess it might if you use a ceiling fan.

Thanks

Last edited:
yes, I have a ceiling fan and since delhi ncr is extremely hot, single 2 ton split AC that I plan to put may not suffice.

yes, I have a ceiling fan and since delhi ncr is extremely hot, single 2 ton split AC that I plan to put may not suffice.

Hi Anm,

Do you have a drop ceiling? That helps a lot in insulation, otherwise the fan just keeps circulating the hot air that accumulates at the top.

Thanks,

Hi Waveking,

I am looking forward to meeting you tomorrow evening.
Please check PM for more details.

Thanks,

Waveking,
I had a great time with students in your campus. It would have been really nice to meet you (and promote HiFi culture among students:eek:hyeah:).
Missed you this time. Let us try to meet up in December.

Thanks,

Waveking,
I had a great time with students in your campus. It would have been really nice to meet you (and promote HiFi culture among students:eek:hyeah:).
Missed you this time. Let us try to meet up in December.

Thanks,

Was it a guest lecture about HiFi among students? hmmmm:eek:hyeah:

what's a drop ceiling? False ceiling? No I don't but there is a room about the living room. However, sun shines on a wall for a very long time and that heats up the house like an oven. I am thinking of some exterior curtain kind of solution that can keep the heat out. Saw some synthetic cloth in home town couple of years back that can cut off a lot of heat.
Shifting back to my house this weekend!

Hi Anm,

Do you have a drop ceiling? That helps a lot in insulation, otherwise the fan just keeps circulating the hot air that accumulates at the top.

Thanks,

I think one should go for a motorized screen if we are using a higher spend on other items of the home theatre otherwise manual pull down is fine. If there is a dedicated room with no windows and fan, then the pull down screen can often remain open. The screen ideally should be about half a feet from the wall so there will be no issue of screen touching the wall. If the distance between screen and fan is about 8 feet then flutter issue is likely not to surface provided the fan is not kept at high speed. There will be other ways to check on this.

V.

I am thinking of a good wooden pelmet to house the top part of the screen. But frequent manual pulling down will leave track marks on backwall. Also a little worried about airflow causing the screen to flutter.
Any advices?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back