Rethm Bhaava or something else under 2L

Anshul_J

I recently heard the Rethm Bhaava and really liked them, so was thinking of upgrading to them. Was wondering what other options I have strictly within this budget and I can audition in Delhi/Ncr. I would really appreciate inputs from people who have heard the Bhaavas.
Will be using my Marantz for the time being, and upgarde to DIY Class A amp when possible in a few months(budget constraints), would such an amp be good enough for speakers like the Bhaava?

Current gear : Kef Q150, Marantz 6005, Allo digione player
Mostly hindi, new and old bollywood, ghazals, Indian classical

I did hear Bhavaas at the creator's place and had a discussion with him to drive it with my Class A F5 build, which didnt had any issues. Moreover he was driving it with a single watt tube amp

Marantz is a pretty good amp.. Should work great with the Rethms which have their own amp for the lower frequencies...
Thanks panditji, any views on the speakers?

I did hear Bhavaas at the creator's place and had a discussion with him to drive it with my Class A F5 build, which didnt had any issues. Moreover he was driving it with a single watt tube amp
Can you please elaborate on which amp you are referring to, also what are your views on the speakers when compared to other similar priced speakers?

Thanks panditji, any views on the speakers?

I liked them very much at Manav's place and this was in the first couple of weeks of their arrival without the EAR 912 pre amp...At their price, they are superb speakers where you can even control the amount of bass. Can't think of anything else which does all of that at that price..

I liked them very much at Manav's place and this was in the first couple of weeks of their arrival without the EAR 912 pre amp...At their price, they are superb speakers where you can even control the amount of bass. Can't think of anything else which does all of that at that price..
Thanks

Can you please elaborate on which amp you are referring to, also what are your views on the speakers when compared to other similar priced speakers?
It was LTA microZOTL amp if I recall, and the speakers was wonderful and I liked it

@jmascreen, can you share more details about your Class A F5 build.

I am using the following one

I have heard a few speakers in the 2L ballpark... but none that play like the Bhaava V2's...

Dear all ,
I have Onkyo TX-RZ730 9.2 Channel 4k Network A/V Receiver Black as my home theater atmos system.
I have recently purchased Rethm Bhaava speakers as front speakers.

We they be compatible with each other ?

Receiver: 7.2-channel network AV receiver with seven output stages each with 175 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0%, 1-channel controlled, IEC) delivers THX-certified cinema-like film and sound experience. Dynamic audio amplification with 5 Hz-100 kHz playback

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all ,
I have Onkyo TX-RZ730 9.2 Channel 4k Network A/V Receiver Black as my home theater atmos system.

Receiver: 7.2-channel network AV receiver with seven output stages each with 175 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0%, 1-channel controlled, IEC) delivers THX-certified cinema-like film and sound experience. Dynamic audio amplification with 5 Hz-100 kHz playback

There is no issue of compatibility with the receiver and it will have more than enough power to drive .

What you need to check is the center speaker and surrounds and what their sensitivity is. Bhava is very sensitive ie needs very little power. But if the center speaker does not match the same , you will find that the center speaker will not be at the same loudness as the Bhavas when volume is changed ( same for surround)
As ROC has mentioned above, they are mostly stereo speakers hence if used for an HT you will need matched speakers to go with them for the experience.

Last edited:
There is no issue of compatibility with the receiver and it will have more than enough power to drive .

What you need to check is the center speaker and surrounds and what their sensitivity is. Bhava is very sensitive ie needs very little power. But if the center speaker does not match the same , you will find that the center speaker will not be at the same loudness as the Bhavas when volume is changed ( same for surround)
As ROC has mentioned above, they are mostly stereo speakers hence if used for an HT you will need matched speakers to go with them for the experience.

Very true & can happen if the sensitivities of the speakers don't match.
In that case the center and surround speaker's loudness could be matched accordingly to the fronts from the avr by increasing the individual volume level setting.

Dear all ,

Congrats on your Bhaavas. I too have them, consider upgrading to a proper 2 channel tube amp like Lyrita, that will do justice to bring out their true potential, the sort of imaging they create, you don't miss the centre channel speaker at all. I am using both for music and ht, a 2.1 setup with sub, optical output from TV.

Dear all ,

Congrats on your Bhaavas. I too have them, consider upgrading to a proper 2 channel tube amp like Lyrita, that will do justice to bring out their true potential, the sort of imaging they create, you don't miss the centre channel speaker at all. I am using both for music and ht, a 2.1 setup with sub, optical output from TV.

Thanks for you response.

I was thinking that I will do sound IQ check in the amp. Which will calibrate the sound with each speakers.

Or Can I add some audio equipment to lower the wattage of my Onkyo amp.

I have lyrita pre power amp but I use them for my separate stereo system with Saadhna speakers.

I love sound of my Saadhanas. So though of replacing my atmos home theater tower speakers with Bhaawas.

Mr Viren say it will work. But I m still unsure I will get the sound as per stereo system.

Maybe you can try adjusting the db values in the AVR ..at leas the center should match. There is no issue of it working well just how it will integrate with your existing center speaker

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back