Rethm coming out with bookshelf speakers - Aarka

Here are some photos at my home. I am having it in my bed room - kindly excuse me of the rac- it's not meant for aarkas
The ones meant for aarkas are still in the process. I have just kept in it in my old rac

Since my new rack is still being made. I have just kept it in my old rack for the time being. I have kept Aarkas 1 feet from the wall. And trying verying distance from the wall, as to ascertain where it performs best.
Lovely speakers. Having moved to a more intimate Harbeth P3esr stand mounts from the larger Usher floorstanders in a nearer field setup since the last couple of years , I really don't miss my larger rig. The Aarkas look ideal for such a setup. Tidal, J River or Audirvana, a NOS DAC and the self powered Aarkas may be all you need in this small but cosy rig.

How do you connect more than one device in active mode?
It requires a pre-amp as bare minimum..? Or a source with volume control.

From looks of it, it can only accept one unbalanced connection

Level control is just for the woofer section

It requires a pre-amp as bare minimum..? Or a source with volume control.

From looks of it, it can only accept one unbalanced connection

Level control is just for the woofer section
Hi jenson

You can use like streamer - dac- preamp - aarka
Or just a source with volume control

you are right - it accepts one unbalanced connection

and it can be used as a passive speakers
You can use banana plugs - any integrated / power amp

Yes. And the choice between active/passive pre is subjective. I have the Sys and have tried bypassing the pre section of my integrated. But while that improves transparency and provides more insight into the sound, I lose the textured and relaxed play from the active pre which I prefer as I listen long hours.

Rethm are known to already provide good insight for the analytically minded, so I’d imagine pairing with an active pre, especially one with warmer tone, might be more common.

Now around 60 plus hours
Are you observing any change from your first impressions as they put on hours? Any further opening of the bass or smoothening of the treble as you go?

Also, on the placement - you found they gave best bass reinforcement with a foot’s separation from the wall, Any reason why during the Rethm demo they were placed 10 ft from the front wall? It’s unlikely that most users would have that kind of room space.

Are you observing any change from your first impressions as they put on hours? Any further opening of the bass or smoothening of the treble as you go?

Also, on the placement - you found they gave best bass reinforcement with a foot’s separation from the wall, Any reason why during the Rethm demo they were placed 10 ft from the front wall? It’s unlikely that most users would have that kind of room space.
After about 50 hours - the bass control is increased. The top end is Opening up.
initiall when I connected the tube power amp- I did not hear the top end shimmer of the female vocals. Now I can hear it - it’s very lively
About the second part- I had a detailed discussion with Jacob.
I had requested him also to try going closer to the wall. Waiting for his impression.

I had kept aarkas in my living room also - 32*16 feet.
It does not sound like a monitor - it can easily fill the room. But for such a large room - it sounded best around 2-3 feet
From the back wall

and the bass was just adequate
For the large room I supplemented with the rel sub it was superb.
the main driver is very capable- even at high spl it maintains the composure.

Did you get a chance to compare the Aarka with the Bhaava and is the bass better on the Aarka?
Hi I have heard bhaava, I did not do a a-b testing
But my observation is that bhaava-bass is there but a little diffuse.

Whereas in aarkas the bass is very directional - hence you can feel like a Palpable fast bass.

Hi I have heard bhaava, I did not do a a-b testing
But my observation is that bhaava-bass is there but a little diffuse.

Whereas in aarkas the bass is very directional - hence you can feel like a Palpable fast bass.
Do you feel like you may need to add a sub? not now, but later.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back