Review of Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton Eco-Inverter Air Conditioner

In Bangalore , the lowest quote that I am getting for the Sharp inverter 1.5 ton Ac PET model is 47k including stabiliser and installation, 51k for the PHT model. Is that a good deal for the PET model?

In Bangalore , the lowest quote that I am getting for the Sharp inverter 1.5 ton Ac PET model is 47k including stabiliser and installation, 51k for the PHT model. Is that a good deal for the PET model?

How much are they quoting for 1.1T? I am not aware of the 1.5T prices unfortunately but may gain some perspective from the 1.1T.

The Cromaretail prices quoted by susa are mouth-watering. However I am awaiting word from cromaretail whether the warranty will be honored by Sharp.

Today I bought the xp13pht model for 35990 including 4m copper pipe,free Odu stand and one free service from the dealer.

Installation charges 1000
Stablizer cost 5000

So totally damaged my 41990 Installation will be done on sunday

Today I bought the xp13pht model for 35990 including 4m copper pipe,free Odu stand and one free service from the dealer.

Installation charges 1000
Stablizer cost 5000

So totally damaged my 41990 Installation will be done on sunday

Stabilizer cost is too high. VG-400 from V-Guard, considered the most reliable by many in India, is Rs. 1,800 even though MRP is Rs. 2,500 odd.

4m copper pipe, etc. is free from Sharp.

ODU stand is Rs. 750.

4 services are free in first year from Sharp, though I doubt you need as many.

Installation charge is usually Rs. 1,200 to Rs. 1,500.

I think the dealer may have just moved the amount elsewhere. Don't worry too much and enjoy the summer as the amount you paid is in the ball-park. I paid Rs. 41K odd for my PHT.

However, this dealer is a slimy one, so beware in future.

Today I bought the xp13pht model.

I just wanted to say that I have the same AC that you have and over the past week or so I have wondered whether I paid too much to buy it.

But the fact is that I love this AC a lot and despite finding out that I may have paid maybe 5K more for it, I still love it and even though it goes against my conscience, I have to say that I am able to think this summer because of this AC.

The stabilizer which i am going for is actually VWR400 with the voltage range from (130-300) because of which the cost is high (MRP is 5500) and i am not concerned about the dealer as the price which i am getting is arranged by The person from Sharp,the ac is being arranged from Ghaziabad.

Luckily was able to convince the dealer For this price tag as Intially he was stuck at 38k but the Field officer from Sharp arranged this price tag for me

Can anyone provide me with the Things which i have to take care while the ac is being installed(As it will be installed on coming sunday) and what all are the things provided apart from the IDU AND ODU

and any other info which might be helpfull to me apart from this is their any free services coupns or stickers provided with the AC

Nowhat are you talking of SHARP 1.1 ton PHT model na i think you paid too much leave it how your ac is affecting your POwer bills as i am very much concerned about it and assuming it to cross 1500 from my monthly regular bill correct me if i am wrong

Nowhat are you talking of SHARP 1.1 ton PHT model na i think you paid too much leave it how your ac is affecting your POwer bills as i am very much concerned about it and assuming it to cross 1500 from my monthly regular bill correct me if i am wrong

In Bangalore, we use AC for hardly 3 months in a year. Rest of the time, it is so cold especially towards winter that I was seriously thinking of buying a Panasonic Hot & Cold AC this time. For about 3 months in winter, I cannot turn the fan on at all, even in 1 at noon, as it gets too cold.

I went through the stabilizer specs and I think you can save some money buying one on your own as the specs of the one you mention seem to be a bit of overkill. You also really don't want your AC working at 130V. Also bear in mind that these things sell for massive discount.

I spoke with Sharp in Bangalore and they are hand in glove with the dealers.

Relax about the install. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure there is at least 1m (3 ft) of piping and that it is otherwise as short as possible. The only problem is if the technician didn't do the seals properly which is when the free service could come in handy.

Regarding the electricity consumption, I haven't received my bill yet. But still it will be hard to know as I have a LG 1.5T that is also running right now.

Could you provide me with the details of the voltage stablizer(Range) you are using and post some pics of your Installed ac so as to give me some idea

The stabilizer which i am going for is actually VWR400 with the voltage range from (130-300) because of which the cost is high (MRP is 5500) and i am not concerned about the dealer as the price which i am getting is arranged by The person from Sharp,the ac is being arranged from Ghaziabad.

Luckily was able to convince the dealer For this price tag as Intially he was stuck at 38k but the Field officer from Sharp arranged this price tag for me

Do you mean Mr.Mushtaq from Chennai Sharp Office?

Recently one fine Saturday I thought of cleaning one of own AH-XP18MVs ODU unit. The ODU unit pictured below is situated on my verandah, so it was easy. Though the primary reason was to clean the ODU internals, I was quite excited to have a sneak peek inside it and discover something yet unknown.

After opening the ODU fan grill (held together with four clamps and two screws) the first thing that came to my mind is how big the all-aluminum micro-channel condenser actually is. It is of more or less same height of the ODU and takes up the entire back portion and then curves to the left of the ODU where it ends. I used a new paint brush to gently brush out the dust accumulated in the condenser and it took me few minutes.

ODU Unit with Fan Grill removed

The next thing I noticed is the unique fan blade. Sharp uses different type of fan blades for their 1.5 ton & 2.0 ton Inverter category as the 18MV & 24MV are having micro-channel condensers which requires a different design in their fan bade. It has only three fins (I have seen many with four) but these three blades are huge, having huge surface area and seems to contain flawlessly smoothened curves at its edges. Sharp claims these fan blades are made with design consideration as perfected by NASA which I initially doubted, but after a closer look it seems to be very scientifically & aerodynamically designed to provide high flow velocity with minimal torque required by the motor. The fan blade seems to be made from some kind of all-weather hard plastic while being feather light which also puts less strain on the motor and saves energy.

The entire fan blade and motor assembly is mounted to an aluminum ladder type frame

Unquie desgn of the Fan Blades

The fan motor seems to be made in Japan. At least the initials on the DC motor seem to be Japanese but I could be wrong as they may be Chinese too. Please correct me if I am wrong!!! The shell of the DC motor is all-plastic and seems small for a fan blade of this size. The entire fan blade and motor assembly is mounted to an aluminum ladder type frame and mounted centrally in front of the condenser.

ODU Fan DC Motor

Japanese encryption it seems!!!

Next thing to discover was the Digital Micro-computer Module i.e the brain of the Inverter AC which is situated on the upper right corner of the ODU and above the compressor chamber. Though the circuit boards and its components are sealed inside a box to avoid dust, one can see the protruding heatsink fins (all six of them) having different height to get maximum air flow from the fan relative to its position. Quite a clever heatsink fin design. There are many heat sensors on different locations of the condenser that I can visually locate which constantly monitors and sends the information to the micro-computer.

The heatsink of the Micro-Computer Module

The entire compressor chamber is much smaller than what I thought it to be for a 1.5 tonner. It is completely insulated with an acoustic jacket to eliminate noise. No wonder why my 18MVs are so quit. Unfortunately with the tightly packaged compressor section and its complete insulation stopped me to have a look at the compressor itself and its make. Though I am informed the 18MVs have MHI compressor which are the best there is.

The entire compressor and its ancillaries tightly packaged in an acoustic chamber

Finally I find the entire ODU to be very well built, no rough edges where every component is rightly placed to its allocated position to perform its job. It even have fine touches like a thick plastic cover to protect the copper valves where the pipes get connected to the ODU (sadly absent on the India made ODUs), In other words a very well engineered product.

After Cleaning

Hope my AH-XP18MVs last for ages.

Indeed, you single-handedly would have pushed up Sharp's brand image/sales by posting/reporting such details! 'Word of mouth' usually does wonders, in fact, the greatest during decision-making.

The Sharp Co. should be invited to take a peek on this thread !

May be felt a little bit of skeptical in this thread which seems like advertisement of Inverter AC and Sharp...... no offense ... just kidding......but I have a small question ..... Do I really need to spend around 15-20 k more if my AC usage is just for 3 months 5/6 hrs daily . Does it really save that amount of billing to reach a break even point considering a life span of 6 years maximum before some more new concept will be injected in the market and we will start discarding the "Inverter" concept. Can anybody reply categorically with respect to the specific usage pattern mentioned above.

Sanju

No, you don't need an inverter AC. However, try matching the equipment sizing to as near the heat load as possible, so that the power consumption remains in the efficient band.

May be felt a little bit of skeptical in this thread which seems like advertisement of Inverter AC and Sharp...... no offense ... just kidding......but I have a small question ..... Do I really need to spend around 15-20 k more if my AC usage is just for 3 months 5/6 hrs daily . Does it really save that amount of billing to reach a break even point considering a life span of 6 years maximum before some more new concept will be injected in the market and we will start discarding the "Inverter" concept. Can anybody reply categorically with respect to the specific usage pattern mentioned above.

Sanju

to clear your doubt.. the diffrence is not 15-20k or to be true there is not diffrence at all

1.1 Ton invertor= 1.5 standard AC.. ( going by stats and company info)
1.5 T hitachi ( considered good) my friend bought is = 36k
1.1 T sharp invertor AC i bought = 36k...

now please see if there is any diffrence.. for the first look it might look like advertizing something but as a FM i believe you have all the permissions to check a user profile.

check the threads that rishi have put up for

yamaha z9
norge 1000 gold
logitech z xxx.. these are the ones on my finger tips you might have a diffrent opinion then...

now whether you want to buy a standard or invertor its all your call however
i will tell you the stark diffrence i have felt in terms of comfort..

on my 1.5 T LG in other room i used to sleep with a blanket while setting temperature at 24. if it set it to 26-27 it will cut off very quickly and i would feel hot/warm and was unable to sleep. by setting to 24 it was too cold and i would need a blanket for peaceful sleep due to the huge variations in temperature with the on-off cycles.. and huge wastage of electricity as 24 C was never usable for me. i would use the blanket to keep warm...

coming to sharp or any other invertor AC.. i keep the temperature at 26 or even 27.. sleep in my shorts and just a thin satin bedsheet.. extreme comfort. no sound. i might be going deaf slowly i assume but the ac is inaudible to me if i may say... no sound what so ever...when fan is on auto...its as good as a turned off unit... no wastage of electricity by putting temperature to 24 and again using blanket.

so your average temperature moves from 24-27 ( energy saving)
blanket dry-cleaning every cpl of months(hygeine) = nutin short of 600-700 bucks
comfort of sleeping in open air without any weight...
cost is same like other brands of infact cheaper...
1.5 T vs 1.1 = cost saving...

now think about it again if this is an advertisement ..
yes i am saving a FM's grace here for i should. Forum is nutin short of a family/close friends now, after being here for so many years..:D
i doubt even a company rep will do this much r&d as for them its a job.. for us its a passion and hobby

Agree FM theironhorse on the comfort factor. In fact I am planning to shift the normal AC in my bedroom and install the inverter AC for this sole reason.

The EER of a 3 star and above AC is about the same as an Inverter AC. So theoretically for a given heat load near the full capacity of the AC the energy savings in Inverter ACs may not be substantial.

Its a pity that none of the websites including Sharp give a meaningful comparison of electricity cost savings. The Sharp web site assumes that the normal 2 Star AC remains switched on for full 8 hours while the Inverter AC works at low capacity and then shows a cost saving!! Totally misleading.

Just bought a sharp 1.5 ton PHT inverter AC for the bedroom, hoping for some savings on the electricity bill in the long run with approx 8 hrs usage per day. On the other hand, I have ordered for a 3 star LG 1.5 ton regular AC for my home theatre room since I use this for 3 hrs 2 or 3 times a wk. hope this was the right choice.

areqehus.jpg

zy4a4amu.jpg

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back