Review of Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton Eco-Inverter Air Conditioner

How much it costed???

Including all the things and did you find price for 1.1 ton pht

48.7k was the total cost, including installation charges and the voltage stabiliser for the Sharp inverter AC. And no, I don't have the price details on the 1.1 ton.

Hi IronHorse,

Was the copper piping included with your Inverter Ac device? Here at TMC Kukatpally they tell me that it needs procured separately for Rs 750 per mt. besides the installation charges of Rs 1500 & ODU Bracket worth Rs 800, for any inverter AC. I had inquired both for 'Digital Inverter AC AR12HV5NBWK 1.0 TR' & 'Sharp AH-XP-13PHT 1.1 Ton Inverter Split Air conditioner'. Not sure now as the additional items themselves are somewhere in the range of 4K.

Kindly advise.

Last edited:
Hi IronHorse,

Was the copper piping included with your Inverter Ac device? Here at TMC Kukatpally they tell me that i needs to Rs 750 per mt. besides the installation charges of Rs 1500 & ODU Bracket worth Rs 800 for an inverter AC. I had inquired both for 'Digital Inverter AC AR12HV5NBWK 1.0 TR' & 'Sharp AH-XP-13PHT 1.1 Ton Inverter Split Air conditioner'. Not sure now as the additional themselves are somewhere in the range of 4K.

Kindly advise.

Yes, the copper tube was included , no extra charge, the brackets were extra at 800,could avoid this if you have a proper window sill or place to keep the outdoor unit.

May be felt a little bit of skeptical in this thread which seems like advertisement of Inverter AC and Sharp...... no offense ... just kidding......but I have a small question ..... Do I really need to spend around 15-20 k more if my AC usage is just for 3 months 5/6 hrs daily . Does it really save that amount of billing to reach a break even point considering a life span of 6 years maximum before some more new concept will be injected in the market and we will start discarding the "Inverter" concept. Can anybody reply categorically with respect to the specific usage pattern mentioned above.

Sanju
Sanju,
The highlighted "categorically" refrains me from mentioning my subjective observations. Even with your usage cycle of just 3 months & 5/6 hrs daily, you're inevitably investing in an a/c. Usage cycle may favor the regular technology. If you can afford, then the inverter technology is to be invested in.

Though I've got OGen 1T & 1.5T invertor a/c just recently installed, I find their "quiet" mode very useful. Once the rooms are cooled with 19/ High fan speed settings, the settings for the rest of the night are 24/Quiet fan speed. As IronHorse mentioned, the a/c is not at all heard. There is no need for the ceiling fan to be run; I don't feel the chill/cutoff/warm/ on / chill/ cutoff/ warm cycle now with the invertor technology.

I'll have to wait till mid-June for the EB bill to find out about the savings.

By the way, when I started reading this thread, I've never felt even for a moment that this is an ad for invertor technology or for SHARP. I've learnt something new, and quite a lot of it, through this thread. :clapping:

P.S: Our usage is 8 to 12 hrs a day for 9 months.

to clear your doubt.. the diffrence is not 15-20k or to be true there is not diffrence at all

1.1 Ton invertor= 1.5 standard AC.. ( going by stats and company info)
1.5 T hitachi ( considered good) my friend bought is = 36k
1.1 T sharp invertor AC i bought = 36k...

now please see if there is any diffrence.. for the first look it might look like advertizing something but as a FM i believe you have all the permissions to check a user profile.

check the threads that rishi have put up for

yamaha z9
norge 1000 gold
logitech z xxx.. these are the ones on my finger tips you might have a diffrent opinion then...

now whether you want to buy a standard or invertor its all your call however
i will tell you the stark diffrence i have felt in terms of comfort..

on my 1.5 T LG in other room i used to sleep with a blanket while setting temperature at 24. if it set it to 26-27 it will cut off very quickly and i would feel hot/warm and was unable to sleep. by setting to 24 it was too cold and i would need a blanket for peaceful sleep due to the huge variations in temperature with the on-off cycles.. and huge wastage of electricity as 24 C was never usable for me. i would use the blanket to keep warm...

coming to sharp or any other invertor AC.. i keep the temperature at 26 or even 27.. sleep in my shorts and just a thin satin bedsheet.. extreme comfort. no sound. i might be going deaf slowly i assume but the ac is inaudible to me if i may say... no sound what so ever...when fan is on auto...its as good as a turned off unit... no wastage of electricity by putting temperature to 24 and again using blanket.

so your average temperature moves from 24-27 ( energy saving)
blanket dry-cleaning every cpl of months(hygeine) = nutin short of 600-700 bucks
comfort of sleeping in open air without any weight...
cost is same like other brands of infact cheaper...
1.5 T vs 1.1 = cost saving...

now think about it again if this is an advertisement ..
yes i am saving a FM's grace here for i should. Forum is nutin short of a family/close friends now, after being here for so many years..:D
i doubt even a company rep will do this much r&d as for them its a job.. for us its a passion and hobby

+1
Especially the noise levels.

There was a suggestion in previous posts that the AC shows power consumption rather than the set temp on its LCD . The one I have clearly shows the set temperature on its LCD.

y3adamen.jpg

Hi IronHorse,

Was the copper piping included with your Inverter Ac device? Here at TMC Kukatpally they tell me that it needs procured separately for Rs 750 per mt. besides the installation charges of Rs 1500 & ODU Bracket worth Rs 800, for any inverter AC. I had inquired both for 'Digital Inverter AC AR12HV5NBWK 1.0 TR' & 'Sharp AH-XP-13PHT 1.1 Ton Inverter Split Air conditioner'. Not sure now as the additional items themselves are somewhere in the range of 4K.

Kindly advise.

For Samsung Digital Inverter AC AR12HV5NBWK does not have piping. You have to procure it separately.
For sharp piping is free for 3 meters & price i got including stand & dealer installation was 37800.

I purchased Samsung Digital Inverter AC AR12HV5NBWK for Rs 37,150 including stand of Rs 800 & free installation by dealer.
But I suggest you to purchase Sharp AH-XP-PHT which is at same range but have many features like temperature display, watt consume display, ion technology, 4 way auto swing, 1.1 ton as against 1 ton, slightly better EER etc.

The reason i went after samsung is 10 years compressor warrant, 3 years condensor warrany & my parents:rolleyes: who opposed to Sharp.

Last edited:
now please see if there is any diffrence.. for the first look it might look like advertizing something but as a FM i believe you have all the permissions to check a user profile.

now think about it again if this is an advertisement ..
yes i am saving a FM's grace here for i should. Forum is nutin short of a family/close friends now, after being here for so many years..:D
i doubt even a company rep will do this much r&d as for them its a job.. for us its a passion and hobby .

Completely agreed and apologize for my idiotic statement earlier . But it was never my intention to insult any comments/review.

So as a self imposed punishment on my stupidity and as a token of respect and appreciation to you guys... I just stopped my research on AC and went blindly for Sharp 1.25 T AH-X 15RET for a room of size 135 sq ft. Installed yesterday amidst 41 degree scorching heat on Calcutta and ohh man .... how correct u guys were and what a stupid I am ... those who are still skeptical buying an inverter AC just , should follow Rishi's review and go for the one.. especially this one from Sharp...its so different ... never felt too cold or too hot ....so silent.. no jerking sound of compressor start up.... just nothing...its like a ceiling fan which can produce cold and can adjust its speed automatically... we are loving this so much that its almost running for 16/17 hrs since it was just installed 4 pm yesterday...barely 24 hrs ago... have been using a 2 Ton Hitachi since 2006 ( just imagine how power hungry it is ) and never have this experience... am so much stunned that I am thinking to ask for a VRS to my 8 year old companion ....

Never consider Sharp even in my dream on choosing the AC .....

So Thank you very much Rishi for this wonderful recommendation :clapping: .... special thanks to theironhorse to point that out .....

Hey Iron horse,
Need your help mate. TMC Kukatpally tells that it is not possible that you got your Sharp 1.1 XP13PET for 36K. They have challenged me now and I would appreciate if you could guide me here.

Thanks.

Last edited:
@peet_dhev

In Thane, Mumbai i was getting 1 ton PET for 36,000 including free dealer installation which was lowest. (stand Rs 800 extra).

Several other dealers where ready for around 35,500 excluding Rs 1500 official Sharp installation extra.

Last edited:
There was a suggestion in previous posts that the AC shows power consumption rather than the set temp on its LCD . The one I have clearly shows the set temperature on its LCD.

y3adamen.jpg

Do it also show the live wattage consumption??

Are those 4 additional features as compared to PET model have a justified price increase as compared to PET model

Which stablizer did you buy and what is its voltage range

Any special thing to keep in my mind during installtion

any other info apart from the above will be helpfull

Hi,
Booked Sharp XP13PMT (1.1 T) on yesterday from Kohinoor Thane. It costs me 35K excluding installation charges (1500). Its lowest cost offered in Thane. Vijay sales was offering 35.5K for the same.

Are those 4 additional features as compared to PET model have a justified price increase as compared to PET model

1. As far as I know , it shows the temp and not the live wattage consumption.
2. Probably, but this is debatable
3.V Guard, 170 to 290
4. The installer will say, use brackets- 800 bucks, 3 mtrs of extra wire -200, plug for the stabiliser 100 :mad: & and this is not included in the stab box for reasons unknown. Watch for these attempts to make a quick buck

Cheers

Ensure that refrigerant tubes are vacuumed, prior to charging, with Refrigerant. Here in Chennai, at my Brothers place, the personnel came for installation made a shortcut; they installed and just purged the line with gas; operated the AC and went. These happened for 2 ACs installed on 2 different days over a period of 1 week.

When I came to know, that vacuum was not done, I wrote to Sharp for their standard procedure for installation. They apologized and redone the installation after proper vacuuming.

@peet_dhev

In Thane, Mumbai i was getting 1 ton PET for 36,000 including free dealer installation which was lowest. (stand Rs 800 extra).

Several other dealers where ready for around 35,500 excluding Rs 1500 official Sharp installation extra.

Finally took the plunge and bought a 1.1 AH-XP13PET for Rs. 35150/- excluding a stabiliser.

Really appreciate all the help and guidance.

Whattttt i got 1.1 ton PHT for 35900(ac cost)

Whattttt i got 1.1 ton PHT for 35900(ac cost)

From where did you purchase the AC, city ?

Because i serious doubt this price. As per my knowledge its below the cost price of the dealer. Did the dealer had VAT in the invoice ?
And if you get 1.1 PHT at 35900 then 1.1 PET should cost 32,943. (38990*35900/42490). At what price you were getting 1.1 PET ?

Otherwise I think the dealer is selling at cost price due to some reasons like he had too much stock, etc.

(Some sellers show VAT in the invoice but not pay to the govt in some cases, say 10%. In this cases one gets quite less price then other sellers)

Hey Iron horse,
Need your help mate. TMC Kukatpally tells that it is not possible that you got your Sharp 1.1 XP13PET for 36K. They have challenged me now and I would appreciate if you could guide me here.

Thanks.

check with Shiva there... 36k is the price of AC.
installation is 1200 bucks..
+800 if you need brackets...

just the AC price is 36k.. if they have any doubt. ask them last customer ( aman jain). he will remember. i bought it like no more than 2 weeks back..

1.1 T X13PET...

apology for the late response.. i was stuck with serious mechanical work with my car over the weekend
congrats for your purchase..

Last edited:

1.5 T and above shows wattage consumption...

1.1/1.25 etc wont show wattage... cost cutting :)

no stabilizer needed. invertors dont need stabilzers unless you have huge fluctuations..

proper vaccuming and proper connection of joints/seals..
pipes to be covered end to end..

drain pipe to be somewhere away from the main unit and electricals..

Should I be buying Sharp AH-XP18MV or AH-XP18PMT (new)

Can anyone please tell me the difference and which one is better or someother recommendations.

Thanks

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back