Review of Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton Eco-Inverter Air Conditioner

Thanks! I would also like to know what you think about the Hitachi Ace Inverter AC model I mentioned earlier. I am getting quote of Sharp 1.5 PHT for 48000 and Hitachi 1.5 Ace Inverter for 50000, both including installation 3 meter pipe and brackets.

I dont know much about Hitachi Inverters (as I have stopped investigation after my purchase & have no time), but the price of INR 48K for AH-XP18PHT looks absurdly overpriced to me.

Recently I have gone through quite a many shots of AH-XP18PMT (Made in India) which one of the FMs in another post had for INR 45K with installation & stabilizer. Considering it takes INR 2K for installation and ODU brackets and another INR 2K for a good stabilizer, I find the prices for their 1.5 Ton still remains INR 41K in India. Now 18PHT is the same AC with different color (silver) to provide a more premium look like 18MV. So the approx price should be around INR 42K max (hypothetical).

As some other forum member have pointed out Sharp allows dealers to have upto 45% profit margin over their products so they get attracted to sell them while Sharp gets hold of a bigger market share. It is their company strategy to get hold of an established market dominated by Hitachi, Daikin etc who allows a max upto 25% margin on their products. So there is huge fluctuation in price of Sharp ACs from dealer to dealer.

Remember you will always get a better product if you spend more in any type of market. What I found two years back was if well bargained the Sharp Inverter ACs are real "paisa vasool" and provides the best cost versus efficiency. Get hold of all the Sharp dealers from their website in your location and start hard bargaining from dealer to dealer as I did. You may as well end up with a quoted price of INR 42K and save INR 8K over the Hitachi. If not you may vouch for Hitachi or other options paying more premium.

COP wise Hitachi looks to me better option, what you think?

Yes, rated COP wise Hitachi looks better.

Last edited:
Thanks Rishi, this really helps !

but the dealers here in Mumbai are not going below 48000 for the sharp Models ( It only includes the Pipe stand and installation, no stabilizer).

is anyone in Mumbai got better prices here?

Hello Guys,

I just ordered for SHARP AHX13PHTS {1.1 ton} for 36000...... been reading this forum and summarize mixed reactions.... what are your views on this model and cost

Last edited:
Recently one fine Saturday I thought of cleaning one of own AH-XP18MVs ODU unit. The ODU unit pictured below is situated on my verandah, so it was easy. Though the primary reason was to clean the ODU internals, I was quite excited to have a sneak peek inside it and discover something yet unknown.

After opening the ODU fan grill (held together with four clamps and two screws) the first thing that came to my mind is how big the all-aluminum micro-channel condenser actually is. It is of more or less same height of the ODU and takes up the entire back portion and then curves to the left of the ODU where it ends. I used a new paint brush to gently brush out the dust accumulated in the condenser and it took me few minutes.

ODU Unit with Fan Grill removed

The next thing I noticed is the unique fan blade. Sharp uses different type of fan blades for their 1.5 ton & 2.0 ton Inverter category as the 18MV & 24MV are having micro-channel condensers which requires a different design in their fan bade. It has only three fins (I have seen many with four) but these three blades are huge, having huge surface area and seems to contain flawlessly smoothened curves at its edges. Sharp claims these fan blades are made with design consideration as perfected by NASA which I initially doubted, but after a closer look it seems to be very scientifically & aerodynamically designed to provide high flow velocity with minimal torque required by the motor. The fan blade seems to be made from some kind of all-weather hard plastic while being feather light which also puts less strain on the motor and saves energy.

The entire fan blade and motor assembly is mounted to an aluminum ladder type frame

Unquie desgn of the Fan Blades

The fan motor seems to be made in Japan. At least the initials on the DC motor seem to be Japanese but I could be wrong as they may be Chinese too. Please correct me if I am wrong!!! The shell of the DC motor is all-plastic and seems small for a fan blade of this size. The entire fan blade and motor assembly is mounted to an aluminum ladder type frame and mounted centrally in front of the condenser.

ODU Fan DC Motor

Japanese encryption it seems!!!

Next thing to discover was the Digital Micro-computer Module i.e the brain of the Inverter AC which is situated on the upper right corner of the ODU and above the compressor chamber. Though the circuit boards and its components are sealed inside a box to avoid dust, one can see the protruding heatsink fins (all six of them) having different height to get maximum air flow from the fan relative to its position. Quite a clever heatsink fin design. There are many heat sensors on different locations of the condenser that I can visually locate which constantly monitors and sends the information to the micro-computer.

The heatsink of the Micro-Computer Module

The entire compressor chamber is much smaller than what I thought it to be for a 1.5 tonner. It is completely insulated with an acoustic jacket to eliminate noise. No wonder why my 18MVs are so quit. Unfortunately with the tightly packaged compressor section and its complete insulation stopped me to have a look at the compressor itself and its make. Though I am informed the 18MVs have MHI compressor which are the best there is.

The entire compressor and its ancillaries tightly packaged in an acoustic chamber

Finally I find the entire ODU to be very well built, no rough edges where every component is rightly placed to its allocated position to perform its job. It even have fine touches like a thick plastic cover to protect the copper valves where the pipes get connected to the ODU (sadly absent on the India made ODUs), In other words a very well engineered product.

After Cleaning

Hope my AH-XP18MVs last for ages.

man you have literally banged the bells of heaven on this one..going way beyond a person would do ...

hats off to your efforts of jotting down everything here for us to just see and learn and get to know of unknown territory...

Thanks for appreciating my efforts.:)

I just do it for fun as well as help others.

Hello Guys,

I just ordered for SHARP AHX13PHTS {1.1 ton} for 36000...... been reading this forum and summarize mixed reactions.... what are your views on this model and cost

Could you specify the name of the dealer and the city from where you got this ac as i have also booked the same model 12 days back for 35900 and still my dealer is not able to provide me with the ac because of the shortage,and now he is pushing me to buy PET for 33000

did your dealer also made you wait for some time or he straightforward provided with the ac

ordered it from vijaysales kalyan..... waiting for delivery... if they act funny with me I will ask for cashback

Could you specify the name of the dealer and the city from where you got this ac as i have also booked the same model 12 days back for 35900 and still my dealer is not able to provide me with the ac because of the shortage,and now he is pushing me to buy PET for 33000

did your dealer also made you wait for some time or he straightforward provided with the ac

Got the delivery late evening today model is the one which I have mentioned above.. now for the next step to get it installed back home.... had bought it for my parents ... I think ended up spending a little more by opting for inverter AC as the usage is going to be a mere 4 hours during night time for 5 months...... but then I wanted to buy either sharp or daikin ... got a good make hence went for it....

Can anyone comment if I am right in quoting "wont be able to leverage the full potential of the invertor AC due to less usage"

These Sharp people are not cooperative not able to tell me

as to whether to wait or to go for PET

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for the nice review of SHARP inverter ac. I am planning to buy an inverter ac for my room (13*11 sqft) in ground floor. I made my mind for LG inverter v, but then after going through your review of SHARP it came into the picture. Now I'm confused between LG BS-Q126B8R8/B8A4 1 TON & SHARP AH-XP13PMT/LV 1.1 TON. Though neither of them has digital display :/
Please help me choose the better product taking into consideration the features they are having. Also it would be great if you can suggest which is the better one between XP13PMT & XP13LV.
Hope for a quick reply.

Regards,
Suman

Please help me choose the better product taking into consideration the features they are having. Also it would be great if you can suggest which is the better one between XP13PMT & XP13LV.

Hope for a quick reply.

Regards,
Suman

The XP13LV were imported from Thailand having better built & product quality than XP13PMT which are assembled in India. XP13LV have a more silent operation and the cooling is said to be a tad better than XP13PMT.

Finally installed Sharp AC XP13PMT in my bedroom (120sq ft.) Cooling is perfect for the room. PMT not showing consumption of wattage (may not be avalialble in the system itself). Please give some tips to get good cooling with min. power consumption ? i.e. Cooling temp, fan speed, eco mode etc.

Finally 1.1 Ton PET Is at home

33000 for ac
4600 for BlueBird Stablizer

Will be installed tomorrow morning By sharp

33k is awesome price for the AC...
i got it for 36k after hell lot of nego....

but 4600 for a stabilizer is absurd pricing....:D

The Stablizer is of copper binding with IC controlled operation and a working range of 140-290

Because of which the price is little bit high but comparatively cheaper to vguard

I bought it from somewhere else so the price according to function is justified

41.5K for AH-XP13PHT including stabilizer and installation.
38K for AH-X13PET including stabilizer and installation.

Stabilizer is V-Guard VG-400 and costs around Rs. 1,800 after discount (MRP seems to be Rs. 2,500).

Installation is usually Rs. 1,500. You can also call Sharp and get it done through them for the same price though you may have to wait a few days.

So if the dealer is not giving installation or stabilizer, you need to deduct 3.3K from the prices above.

The only thing I have to pay extra for is the stand for Rs. 800 as it is required additionally in my case.

The prices are roughly in the ball-park of what theironhorse got his for.

Another thing is I decided to pay 3.5K extra for the PHT model because the dealer said that the plasmacluster ion is effective in removing smells and keeping the room fresh. When I checked online, Sharp seems to be selling standalone air-purifiers with this technology in India for 13.5K. Reviews in Japan also seemed to be indicate that these standalone purifiers are used extensively in offices.

:clapping:
From which Bangalore dealer did you purchase the AC? Can you pass on the details to me?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back